Smedts

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Astro39, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Billie is the weakest link in my squad, he's out this week and when he does play he scores awful. If I keep him in I cop a donut this week and in week 12.....but the only realistic target to trade him out for is Darley, meaning if I trade Smedts for Darley I miss out on downgrading a cow who has truly mooed like Morris.

On the other hand Smedts is likely to play again this season and he does have DPP which is massively helpful in trading, especially given the lack of backline downgrade targets.

Anyone else have Smedts still in their squads and if so what are you doing with him?

2. Strange_Brew

Strange_Brew New Member

Ive currently got smedts in my backline, and ill be keeping him all season. The reasons for this being:

a)he hasnt (and probly wont) make enough money to be a cash cow, so theres no point burning the trade, especially this late in the season
    b) MPP has already been incredibly handy and will be when completing the final upgrades of your team.
    c) he ll play all season sporadically, and this could come in handy either during the byes or later in the season(as either a D9 or F9)

My ideal plan is to swing him into the F9 spot after upgrading someone like devon smith to a premo defender, with porplyzia being f8 for donut coverage in the forwards. This way, i shouldnt have to rely on smedts to cover donuts, plus dont waste a trade moving him out of my team for no real benefit. And who knows, he may come out and smash a few hundreds in a row and make some coin in the latter half of the season;)

3. Stevo

Stevo New Member

Get Michael Johnson, currently averaging 97, into your forward line. You can then use Smedts to swing Johnson back or forward depending on where you need the cover.

4. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Stevo on June 1, 2012, 17:16
    Get Michael Johnson, currently averaging 97, into your forward line. You can then use Smedts to swing Johnson back or forward depending on where you need the cover.</blockquote>

That's a very good suggestion - cheers.

5. Muppets

Muppets Member

Stevo's idea is a good one. This is exactly my dilemma this week as I will cop a donut. FWIW I bit the bullet and traded him for Darley. I don't think he'll play that much more. Darley should play enough games to moo to allow an upgrade at some point. If Spurr was playing I probably would have cut Morris. But he's not. So I didn't. Hurts to throw away another trade. Done a few of them this year.

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I had exactly same dilemma. Ended up begrudgingly trading in Darley to avoid zero this week. May cop a zero next week anyway, as it completely went against my bye plans, but with Eski and Heater out, I bit the bullet.

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I can't believe Smedts is playing now! What a waste of a trade :(

8. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

And I cant believe Selwood keeps going into the rooms and hes my captain!!

9. Muppets

Muppets Member

Tell me about it Anthak. Same as trading out Dickson for Pfeiffer and then Dickson playing the next week and Pfeiffer being dropped.

10. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Looks like smedts might get a decenT score as well !

11. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Stevo you legend. Burnt an extra trade this weekend bringing in Johnson, but will save me one later in the season (injury aside). Bonus is Smedts scored the best he has all season. Cheers.

12. stowie

stowie Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on June 1, 2012, 21:16
    Yeah, I had exactly same dilemma. Ended up begrudgingly trading in Darley to avoid zero this week. May cop a zero next week anyway, as it completely went against my bye plans, but with Eski and Heater out, I bit the bullet. </blockquote>

Did the same thing... to avoid a now non-existent zero. Ahh well, can't win em all.

13. 82asch

82asch New Member

<blockquote>Quote from stowie on June 2, 2012, 17:04
    <blockquote>Quote from anthak on June 1, 2012, 21:16
    Yeah, I had exactly same dilemma. Ended up begrudgingly trading in Darley to avoid zero this week. May cop a zero next week anyway, as it completely went against my bye plans, but with Eski and Heater out, I bit the bullet. </blockquote>

Did the same thing... to avoid a now non-existent zero. Ahh well, can't win em all.</blockquote>

+1 and didn't do my fwd upgrade to Stevie J as a result! Smedts = frustrating!!!

14. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Smedts/Johnson combination starting to pay dividends.... :D

15. obleex

obleex New Member

Only problem is Johnson and Smedts have the bye in the same week! Damn!

16. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from obleex on June 4, 2012, 21:21
    Only problem is Johnson and Smedts have the bye in the same week! Damn!</blockquote>

no help in the bye for sure but keeping johnson as a D/F7 is proving very handy. Smedst now starting to earn is a bonus!

17. obleex

obleex New Member

If you had Johnson in from the start you're a genius! Super consistent. Wanted to bring him in for a while but already have Broughton. Will bring him in for Morris in rd 13 though. Agreed re: Smedts. Might finally become handy!