Round 11 Downgrades (aka: WTF do we do with all our GWS players this week?)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Corks, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Corks

Corks Member

Did we spot anyone worth downgrading to this week? I suspect a lot of TSers are like me and have a host of fattened GWS cows requiring slaughter if we are to get through next week. So who are the names we should be looking at, and how did they look this week?

2. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

The two that I noticed this week were the Collingwood guys:

Marley Williams (mid) - scored 83SC this week.
    Jamie Elliott (fwd) - scored 106SC this week.

It was only against GC who were smashed by the Pies, but both seemed to play well to me.
    Any thoughts on these guys?

3. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Jamie Elliot from the pies played his second game for a 106. Marley Williams also played his second game for the pies for a 83. Both versus GC though and you would have to think limited future JS.

Sam Shaw for adelaide got a 77 in his second game, not sure on his JS. Of course he doesn't help that much for next round as Adelaide are also having the bye.

That's all I can think of at the moment, anybody else?

4. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Jeez beat me too it while I was writing it, I should type quicker.

5. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

Problem for me with Sexton last week, and now Williams or anyone else this week is it's just shuffling zeroes across rounds as they aren't going to rise high enough for me to then trade them back out before their bye.

Would be handy for anyone though that is concentrating on leagues and have a preference as to which rounds they are willing to eat donuts.

6. silacious

silacious New Member

Shaw from adelaide looks good, but have to wait a week tho.

7. bama

bama Active Member

I'm just going for leagues. This week I will only have 1 donut if Malceski, Smedts or Spurr are named. Round 12 nearly my whole midfield is out Pendles, Selwood, Barlow and Watson, with Chapman, O'keefe and Sidebottom out of the forwards. Round 13 get my midfield back but my backline takes a hit with Deledio, Ellis, Goddard, Birchall all out, and forwards Buddy, Martin, Milera.

Only trades I'm making over the 3 weeks are Devon Smith out this week for Ablett and Morris out next week for Drummond, big punt on Drummond I know but if and it's a big if he can play the last 11 games the rewards could be handy.

8. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Hmmm why don't these rookies wait for the right week? Shaw is a perfect downgrade after his bye but Elliot and Williams are a week early.

9. obleex

obleex New Member

With Pendles out and Dangerfield bye I'm looking at a minimum of 2 donuts and possibly 3 if Waters gets weeks (and Spurr isn't named). How many are other people expecting (without trading)? I'd be pretty happy with just the 2-3 this week tbh...

10. bama

bama Active Member

waters has the bye, either way his out!

11. obleex

obleex New Member

<blockquote>Quote from bama on June 4, 2012, 14:42
    waters has the bye, either way his out!</blockquote>

you're right he does too! jeez, was pretty positive about my chances next week as well haha. Really need Spurr to play now! Come on Ross!

12. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Hey bama, any love for Adcock in lieu of Drummond, who is a tad injury prone?

13. bama

bama Active Member

Adcock is good but the main reason I'm looking at Drummond is price. I have 107k in the bank and will be able to get Drummond with out a downgrade. If you have any better options around the 380k mark let me know.

14. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

I am looking at Suckling for price .. should be around 400k next week, hasnt played great this year but surely has some upside for his run home? Newman?

15. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I do like Marley Williams at the rookie price. That said his JS is average.

I put him ahead of Seedsman now and behind Sinclair. Elliott is a strange one, I like his style but can't see him playing much because he appears to be just a forward (hence the spot is best taken by Fasolo and resting mid e.g. Wellingham) whereas Williams could play midfield. He played small defender this week as well, so he's got a bit of jack of all trades about him, which is just as well because he's a midget.

16. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

RE: Sam Shaw (although was said before he played)

"He (Henderson) hasn't really done much wrong, but we wanted to get Shaw back in," said Sanderson last night. "As we saw, Sam was fantastic against Greater Western Sydney but then had a little injury setback with his hamstring, and we didn't want to risk him."

"Shaw gives us the flexibility of another really good defender. We really like him as a player and he makes us look really settled back there." Sanderson

Sounds pretty positive to me about his JS. He does have the bye this week though, but just thought I'd highlight it anyway.

17. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

As for the Collingwood guys it looks harder to predict with Tarrant, Reid, Swan, Toovey and Jolly in the mix to return for their next game. Can't find any news on Shaw though.

18. Corks

Corks Member

Any reports on Tynan for Casey? Another promising downgrade option, and was named in the best. On Casey, did Couch play this week.

19. Kumamoto_Ken

Kumamoto_Ken New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on June 4, 2012, 19:27
    Any reports on Tynan for Casey? Another promising downgrade option, and was named in the best. On Casey, did Couch play this week.</blockquote>

I'm pretty sure it's Luke Tynan that's strung a few good games together for Casey. His younger brother Josh is the Demon who's still listed as 1 week on the club website (although that's now a week old).

20. Corks

Corks Member

Ok, thanks K_K. didn't realise there were two of them.