Scotland out 3 weeks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Jun 3, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Carlton FC ?@Carlton_FC

Heath Scotland sustained an injury to his calf in last night's match against the Power. He is expected to be unavailable for three weeks.

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

3weeks = misses rds11&12 bye rd13 back rd14??

2donuts I hadn't counted on during bye planning but thems the breaks I guess

Hopefully shaw is back next week as otherwise i might be tempted to sideways trade when my gut tells me that is a bad idea

3. Seabass

Seabass New Member

I'm with you TheTassieHawk - another 2 donuts during the byes. Could be a worse time to cop an injury like that for us though.

4. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

injuries over the bye certainly a killer, sideways trading theoretically gains you 200 points so have to do that I think

5. Seabass

Seabass New Member

I'm going to have a close look at the teams I'm playing against and try and predict how they'll fare before pulling the trigger on trades during the bye rounds

6. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Oh ffs there goes my byes structure. 6th premium to go down with mid to long term injury this season, hate this damn game, more luck than skill wins it.

7. That sucks, but it means I may be able to claw a couple of trades back on league opponents if I keep him at least I guess

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

You can be sure there will be others apart from Scotland, in addition to general soreness and resting. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and walk through the minefield.

9. jibba

jibba Member

I'll probably hold if Spurr is back, but might have to go crazy with the trades if I'm copping zeroes left right and centre

10. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Pendles in serious trouble early on in this game with a knee. It gets worse and worse.

11. hellsangel

hellsangel New Member

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

12. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Pendles? I thought this was a Scotty chat.

13. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Started Pendles thread.

14. jb

jb New Member

Did anyone see this Scotland injury? Did he go off or what?
    His last qtr was his best!

15. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

WHAT THE???? Just traded him in this week , thanks to malceski / spurr and smedts (bloody late inclusion), if he is out for 3 weeks that is a total waste of a trade and totaly f%%%ks me over even more than i already am!! I give up this year and might make a new rule of not to bring in any carlton players anymore!!

16. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lethaldons on June 3, 2012, 19:54I give up this year and might make a new rule of not to bring in any carlton players anymore!!</blockquote>

You can imagine how I feel as a supporter

17. Zander

Zander Moderator

I made the decision early this year not to trade out premiums when they are injured / suspended for under 3 weeks. So kept Swan, Ablett, Shaw, Old Mac, Birchall, Natanui...
    I'd have no trades left if I kept swapping them out, so I'll just bite my tongue and stick with Scotland now too.
    BTW bad luck Bombers and Blues, the cream has to rise to the top sooner or later... GO the PIES!!!!

18. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Just traded him in this week!

19. Nifty

Nifty Member

<blockquote>Quote from Zander on June 3, 2012, 21:33
    I made the decision early this year not to trade out premiums when they are injured / suspended for under 3 weeks. So kept Swan, Ablett, Shaw, Old Mac, Birchall, Natanui...
    I'd have no trades left if I kept swapping them out, so I'll just bite my tongue and stick with Scotland now too.
    BTW bad luck Bombers and Blues, the cream has to rise to the top sooner or later... GO the PIES!!!!
    </blockquote>

With you on that Zander.. Kept Ablett, Shaw, Swan, now Scotland.. But i also had copped Murphy, Mummy, Goodes & Fyfe... Terrible run atm...

20. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I was going to bring in either Scotland or Waters last week. Decided on the former. Not much difference if Waters cops a few weeks. Makes the trade feel a wee bit better.