Pendles in doubt against the Dees!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by shanaz, Jun 4, 2012.

1. shanaz

shanaz New Member

Heres one that may cause havoc.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/137655/default.aspx

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Can't take much from that really. Except that they rested their star in a blowout to give a kid a fair run.

3. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Correct me if im wrong but i dont think we'll know the collingwood team before lockout, will we even know the 25 man squad? that could be a problem with swan and pendlebury both with ? marks

4. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

@Senator, yeah i think it will be named like normal. That's what happened with the Saints v Blues match a few weeks back. Just expect a few changes.

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Clint Stanaway ?@cstanaway

Magpie Star Scott Pendlebury having scans on his knee as we speak. He's confident he'll be fine to play on Queens Birthday vs Melbourne

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

8 days break plus rested for a half. I reckon he's 50-50

My view is you just keep him in your side and if he doesn't play you eat the donut, it's how it's got to be.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Pies call press conference..mmm one would think maybe Pendles scans came back worse then 1st thought? Wldnt call pressa if given all clear. Or has nothing to do with Pendles ....

8. Daveo

Daveo Member

Press conference could be the cloke signing.

9. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Pendles and Scotland out with more probably to come, can't wait till the bye period ends.

10. SC_Dave

SC_Dave Member

I'm no doctor, but would think a cracked tibia would take more than 2 1/2 weeks to heal fully,

therefore he has to be in some doubt for Rnd 13 v West Coast.

Really throws a spanner in the works with the byes as there is no bench coverage.

11. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Just heard robert walls on the radio and he mentioned it could be 3-4 weeks unbelievale to think that he came back and played out a half and didnt look in any trouble at all luckily he did otherwise he'd be as cheap as chips after that 3 game period and everyone would be bringing him in before the finals.

Collingwood supporters might remember but didnt he have a small crack in his foot a few years back and made a remarkable recovery and only missed a week or two when they were saying about 6?

12. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

13. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

@SC Dave & Senator

"He's a quick healer. In the scheme of things it's a relatively minor injury. We'd hope by the other side of the bye it's all looking good." Collingwood chief of football Geoff Walsh said today.

Pendlebury missed the 2009 preliminary final due to a similar injury. The tibia is the main weight-bearing bone in the leg.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/another-magpie-star-is-lost-to-injury-20120604-1zrdm.html#ixzz1woHXeMt5

14. Thunda

Thunda New Member

As crow once said, Fark....Fark.....FaarrrrrK!

15. Manikato1

Manikato1 New Member

The bullets whiz past but I'm trying to duck and weave like Ali and avoid them all with no Pendles, no Scotland and no Waters

16. silacious

silacious New Member

4 to 6 weeks from a collingwood insider. not what collingwood are publicly saying

17. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

Even if it is 4-6 I'm going to keep Pendles, trades are essential and I'm going to keep three GWS players (Giles, Coniglio and Treloar) and hope that Coniglio and Treloar cover Pendles whilst he's out...

18. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

From the research I've seen on this

All who have experienced this injury suggest 4-6 needed with rest.

Not sure if they have had 24-7 access to a hyperbaric chamber, or if this indeed would help with healing of this nature. I'm sure the Pies will use every tool at their disposal to assist.

I'm thinking if the Pies play it conservatively he could miss 4, 6 is probably a worst case scenario if something goes wrong.

That said the question is the size of the crack. If it's very small hairline he could possibly return earlier with padding. Not sure that Collingwood wants to take any risks at all with one of their key players.

The 2009 injury wasn't the same from memory, much more serious than this one.

19. malbi

malbi Member

I had a fracture in my thumb earlier in the year. The standard reply was that bones take 3 weeks to start to knit and 6 weeks to fully heal.

So he will have this week and the bye as a minimum. I would expect that Collingwood would be conservative and rest him for another week as well. It's not as if it's finals time yet. So expect him to miss two games. He would then come back 4 weeks from the injury ie. Round 14. They could wait the whole 6 weeks and bring him in Round 16, but that would probably be excessive.

I was tossing up whether to bring him in or JPK last weekend. Luckily I chose JPK. So I'll be able to get Pendles nice and cheap when he gets back. :)

20. rysmith

rysmith New Member

It will be between 4-6 wks, they are jsut keeping it quiet