Sandilands knee injury :(

Discussion in 'AFL' started by defeatest, Jun 10, 2012.

1. defeatest

defeatest New Member

out after 5 mins and subbed 5 mins later, knee iced up hope its not too bad but hes already screwed my tiny chance of a win this week with a score of 6 when send off.

2. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

As part of my upgrade strategy, I only brought him in this week!!!

Had a ruck division of Cox, Giles, McEvoy, Redden. Decided I'd held McEvoy long enough, and with the byes I was going to be completely screwed over - luckily Redden was finally looking like playing, so he could be my cover. I traded out McEvoy and Giles for Sandilands and Pattison.

So, I'll take the blame for the Sandi injury :(

3. defeatest

defeatest New Member

lol good on u, why not go for Goldstein surely hes the pick of them or maybe even maric?
    i had him at from day 0 was kinda expecting a few missed games but was hoping for 3 or less, looks to be heading for sub effected games and missed games now also so prob bad pick after this one :(

4. Seabass

Seabass New Member

Tell me about it, I thought my redden-sandi combo would've been streets ahead of redden-Stephenson, but is 14 pts worse! Reckon that's cost me as well, as I've got an extra donut or 2 than all of my opponents, even of they're playing low scoring players. Gonna need a lot of luck from here.

5. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

I just traded him in too. Makes me sick

6. jibba

jibba Member

Sandi-Stephenson = 25 points
    I find it hard to be mad cos it's so painful i'm LOL

7. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

makes me wonder why I play this game... hopefully he is back in a couple of weeks, otherwise I will be looking at the big Mullet

8. Seabass

Seabass New Member

Doc larkins is saying toe injury again, hopefully not the dreaded turf toe

9. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

This has to be the worst sc year in history - I have had about 10-15 injuries already, beyond belief!

10. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

same here powerfan, ive only been playing this since 2009 but this year seems worse than all the others combined! yet my best mate (but arch rival) seems to have missed every single one except swan. All my trades seem to be going on rucks this year.

For those wanting to go back to mumford he should be very cheap in a few weeks but who wants to play a ruckman down until then? Not sure that we'll be able to rely on stephenson filling in until then. Will probably end up biting the bullet and going back to big cox or the mullet maybe

11. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Was going to trade either Sandi or Ryder next week...decision has been made a lot easier!

Anyone with Sandi should strongly consider Ryder. Proved last night that he is capable of scoring 100 in a losing team. Is more than a few years in the system now so shouldn't drop off either.

He's a lock IMO. Regardless of the fact I go for Essendon, strongly consider Paddy. If your not convinced...go and look at the ruck statistics for the season and SC average for rucks.

12. dj62

dj62 New Member

You may be right with Paddy, but considering he still has a bye to go..wouldn't someone like Goldstein be a better choice?

13. Thunda

Thunda New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Seabass on June 9, 2012, 21:14
    Doc larkins is saying toe injury again, hopefully not the dreaded turf toe</blockquote>

Maybe it's turf knee.

14. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Goldy would be a good choice...except Hmac is expected to return in 5-6 weeks and the same thing will happen as did at the start of the season - that is he will steal Goldy's score.

If North are willing to play two rucks when one was borderline All-Australian last year, then they won't hesitate to do it again once Hmac is back from injury.

Only trade for Goldy if you have enough trades to trade him out again come finals time.

15. PA

PA New Member

Sandi out for 10 weeks
    http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/138283/default.aspx

16. Dave665

Dave665 New Member

in my rucks this week i had sandi and stephenson =25
    yet i hade redden on the emegencys who got 50.

17. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

Probably not the number 1 trade option, but what about Griffin? He's affordable and a proven performer with Sandi out...Also a nice POD

18. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

That could be a masterstroke Powerfan. Griffin only needs 8 touches to pick up 120 points. That is a similar match output to one NicNat

19. Corks

Corks Member

Griffin will be sole ruck for Freo for next 10 weeks. Could be worth considering. McEvoy also due back.

20. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Griffin has an amazing record when Sandilainds is out, could be a great POD