Scotland out 3 weeks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Jun 3, 2012.

1. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from TopHeavy on June 4, 2012, 11:01
    I was going to bring in either Scotland or Waters last week. Decided on the former. Not much difference if Waters cops a few weeks. Makes the trade feel a wee bit better.</blockquote>

Glad I held off on Waters & Scotland.... Decided to wait until after their byes... Might have dodged a bullet there :D

2. RV

RV New Member

My initial thought is what did he do to sustain the injury, as our lads hardly touched the ball on saturday night... ffs.

We have been insipid since the Pies win.

Rant over.

Am carrying Scotland in my side also.

3. Thunda

Thunda New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Zander on June 3, 2012, 21:33
    I made the decision early this year not to trade out premiums when they are injured / suspended for under 3 weeks. So kept Swan, Ablett, Shaw, Old Mac, Birchall, Natanui...
    I'd have no trades left if I kept swapping them out, so I'll just bite my tongue and stick with Scotland now too.
    BTW bad luck Bombers and Blues, the cream has to rise to the top sooner or later... GO the PIES!!!!
    </blockquote>

Same here Zander. Except for Shaw, did a sideways to Scottland. Mainly because, my back line was starting to look like a Donut factory. Was the difference in winning my leagues. Now the joy of the byes begins. Good luck everyone. :cool:

4. Corks

Corks Member

30+ year old with a bung calf...I'm worried this could be another Sandi "Turf Toe". Calf injuries are 8 weeks, full stop. I did a grade 2 calf strain myself this year...physio said it would be 8 weeks. Started running slowly at 6 weeks, and took 8 weeks to be back to proper interval running. Even with all the modern science and fitness, don't reckon he'll be back in three weeks.

On the other side, who the hell from the dismal defense SC players is worth bringing in anyway. Might as well stick with Smedts and Ellis.

5. donatello

donatello New Member

My back line is bleeding points and 2 or 3 of my main cash league opposition have Scotland, the only reason I didn't bring in Scotland is because of the byes. So I win one, does that mean the supercoach gods will get paid back double somewhere?

6. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from donatello on June 4, 2012, 19:52
    My back line is bleeding points and 2 or 3 of my main cash league opposition have Scotland, the only reason I didn't bring in Scotland is because of the byes. So I win one, does that mean the supercoach gods will get paid back double somewhere?</blockquote>

:D sorry to say donatello, but that's a rolled gold guarantee.

7. gish

gish New Member

So what are people's thoughts on trading him? Johnson or Newman a possibility?

8. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

Trained this morning...

9. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Meaning.......

10. obleex

obleex New Member

please get up old timer!!

11. Corks

Corks Member

Will be back R14 unless something serious happens to set him back. Blues are confident, but more importantly can't live much longer without him. Him and Carazzo both targeted at R14 at this stage...fingers crossed for Blues and SC.

12. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Fingers crossed indeed Corks. I just want this Bye mess to be over and done with.

13. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Gonaddz on June 11, 2012, 18:01
    Meaning.......</blockquote>

That's he's back training. :p

Sorry Gonaddz, cant add any more, but just heard that he trained, and trained well. Seems strange seeing as though he was ruled out for a month with a calf just 7 days ago.

14. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

Can't see them pushing him for round 12 as he would get the extra week off with the bye. Unless they want to test him in one of the sub roles, which might actually piss me off more than if he missed completely.

15. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Trained well is good enough for me! I just hope the Carlton I saw at the start of the round comes back when the bye rounds are up.

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@Carlton_FC: Ratten: "Hopefully, if all goes plan, Carrazzo and Scotland will both play."”

17. FlyUp

FlyUp Member

He's flying over :D

18. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Carazzo's always up for more tan.

19. jb

jb New Member

Scotlands "leg" was a dodgy made up injury IMO - did anyone see it, when did it happen, must have been in the last minute of play off the ball. In house discipline maybe?

20. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on June 12, 2012, 12:09
    @Carlton_FC: Ratten: "Hopefully, if all goes plan, Carrazzo and Scotland will both play."”</blockquote>

Translation..."We haven't done any dodgy late withdrawals recently and everyone who's winning is doing it, hence we're going to name Scotland and Carazzo then pull them out 30 minutes before kick off."

21. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

@ jb
    Didn't see the game, but i'm sure i saw footage of him hobbling off. Why would they rest him for the game against Geelong? it's not like it was Melbourne or GC...