Trades Round 12

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Sandi out griffin in for me!! (Not totally sold on the idea would prefer maric) But after suffering mumford early in the year then trading in sandilands for giles last week coping 5 and losing 50-60k, a POD might just be the trick im looking for , also very good record with out Sandilands in the team!

I also have the zaka injury to deal with and was thinking holding of this week as already penciled him in as a 0, like priddis's price but will get selwood next week leaving me no more spots for midfield (Pendles, Ablett, Watson, Boyd, Hayes, then Selwood/Priddis. I have zaka as a fwd so maybe go to chappy / rok! Leaning towards chappy as ROK had never worked for me (always rips it up then get him in the side only to turn into a spud).

Also Shaw (is a must IMO) was gonna get him last week but went with bootsma and hoping shaw is named this week just not sure who to get rid of him for, Thanks to lack of trades due to premiums going down all year, Want to offload one of morris/ellis this week but playing GWS and might crack out an 80 each, So maybe a spurr / smedts but they havent earnt any money??

Is it worth holding onto zaka????

2. Corks

Corks Member

Has anyone done the analysis about how Sheedy's going to make sure this week is another shocker for Supercoaches? Surely MacDonald, Treloar and Mohr are due for rests? Maybe throw in Adams and Greene for good measure. Giles hasn't been rested at all this year...he'd stuff up heaps of teams so Sheeds must be tempted to give him an extended break.

3. Froudie

Froudie New Member

Will do at least two

Magner & Morris

for

Tippett & Shaw (switch Zorko to mids)

That'll leave me 1 donut (M.Johnson) in the backline pending teams

4. hplate

hplate New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on June 12, 2012, 14:50
    Surely MacDonald, Treloar and Mohr are due for rests? </blockquote>

I know that old mac has been rested at least once already this year, plus he missed time with the suspension so he's probably not that burnt out (hoping like hell as I need him to play...)

5. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Regarding GWS, the only players to play all 10 games so far are Ward,Giles and Davis. All other players have missed at least 1 or more games and they've all just had another week off with their Rd11 bye. Sure, Sheeds will need to rest someone as he can only name 22 but surely it's not because they need a rest.Spin the wheel and wait for the winning number to be called.

6. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

All fair points there Turbo, and perhaps 'useless' was a bit harsh. I only meant useless in SC terms - Goldy's ability to score 100s could be affected when HMac returns...even if HMac doesn't reach his great early form.

Also depends if North stay in finals contention (looking unlikely so far). They would definitely want to get games into HMac if the Roos still had a finals chance.

Oh well, just a warning to potential Goldy buyers!

I have also downgraded Bugg to Shaw this week.

Frees up the required cash to get Pav and Thompson next week - completing my fwds and mids.

I'll have 5 trades leftover, and my only team weaknesses will be Giles as R2 and Lake and Dempsey playing D6 and D7 (countered slightly by my other defenders - Shaw, Goddard, Lids, Broughton, Waters)

Should I make another trade at some point to upgrade Lake or Dempsey? Any opinion would be great!

7. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

@H_Dons, not sure I agree with Giles at R2 being a weakness. I certainly agree that there are better premiums, but at what price. He played 10 games straight, had a weeks break, is mature age, so his body should stand up OK barring injuries,he's getting plenty of tog, and his av is 94+.I think a good choice at R2, and saves a trade for later, and, like you, I would be looking at D6 and D7.

8. bigbadbunks

bigbadbunks Member

The only way I can get Sam Shaw and make good cash is to trade Horsely and move Deledio to midfield. Problem then is that that ruins my plan to get both Scott Thompson and Priddis for my last 2 midfield spots. Should I just say fine, Deledio can be my M6, or does anybody know of a def/mid that may get games that can be the swingman to allow Deledio to go back there?

I surely am not the only one in this boat as I have already traded out Clarke and Bugg from defense, and have Spurr and Ellis still there going nowhere fast.

9. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

2 for me this week. Clarke > shaw and the horse > priddis, completing my mids. Will look to possibly get danger/chappy in for pfeiffer next week

10. turbo

turbo New Member

They're what you call luxury trades H-Dons, lucky bugger!

Depends if you're going for overall or leagues. If leagues, I'd hold Lake and Dempsey until finals time and then if you've been lucky with injuries and still have trades in hand upgrade them then.

11. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Haha lucky I guess...have only copped the Fyfe and HMac LTI this year, have held onto Gaz and Shaw through their injuries and now Pendles.

SC gods have looked kindly upon me so far.

I'm ranked just under 4k overall, but I'm 1200-odd points off the leader so I'm only going for leagues.

I'll fully upgrade my team while holding Dempsey Lake, and if I somehow make significant ground over the next few weeks I'll have a look at options.

But definitely won't be holding my breath that's for sure.

12. Nifty

Nifty Member

Geez H_Dons.. You have been blessed, So far, I've copped Murphy, Fyfe, Shaw, Mummy, Scotland, Swan, Pendles, Kennedy(WC), Ablett, Goodes.. Just waiting for more too come.. 8-(

13. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey New Member

Sheedy has confirmed Patton will play this week. I need a downgrade option who has job security and he probably has some of the best js for a rookie. I'm considering bringing him in this week as the fwd line is where all best cows are. Is it worth making 100-150k using Patton or do we go less secure options and make more cash? I know ideally we should see him play but for rookies js trumps scoring this season given the injury runs we've been having. Thoughts?

14. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Zaha to Tippet or Zaha to Walker?

Wat do oyu guys think, they're both scoring way above their normal averages, have a great run home, is it worth getting on the Crow bandwagon even if you can't afford Dangerfield?

15. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Am thinking of trading D.Smith for either Taylor Walker or Kurt Tippett.... Thoughts on which one (or neither!!)

16. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I'm thinking horse to priddis, Guthrie to Adcock and Adams to a rookie. Can get either a forward or a mid, there's not much out there, looking at skinner or crozier. I know neither has JS, but both are on the bubble (I know freo has the bye this week) and could play games in the future, they'll end up being M8 or F9. Any thoughts appreciated.

17. TheWindyHillFC

TheWindyHillFC New Member

What do you guys think of this as an option?????

I can trade out Dempsey, Clarke and Horsley this week for Adcock, S.Shaw and Priddis. Next week will be Sandilands and Treloar out for Cox and Cloke.

Then my side will look like this (with 7 trades left):

DEF: Broughton, Lake, H.Shaw, Adcock, Delidio, Goddard, Bugg, (S.Shaw) & (Darley)
    MID: Mitchell, Boyd, Ablett, Watson, Pendlebury, Priddis, (McDonald) & (Zorko)
    RUCK: Cox, Giles, (Redden) & (Stephanson)
    FWD: Franklin, Dangerfield, Pavlich, S.Johnson, Martin, J.Lewis, T.Cloke, (A.Kennedy) & (T.Adams)

18. bama

bama Active Member

Sam Gibson to début this week, nice cheap downgrade 94k!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/sam-gibson-elevated-to-north-melbournes-senior-list/story-e6frf9m6-1226394192594

19. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

Does anyone know what is going on with Allen Christiansen. I have held him for 4 weeks but am looking to trade him to Priddis this week as it had him listed as AC joint? Now the Injury list has concussion and test?

20. mossssssy

mossssssy New Member

<blockquote>Quote from bigbadbunks on June 12, 2012, 16:15
    The only way I can get Sam Shaw and make good cash is to trade Horsely and move Deledio to midfield. Problem then is that that ruins my plan to get both Scott Thompson and Priddis for my last 2 midfield spots. Should I just say fine, Deledio can be my M6, or does anybody know of a def/mid that may get games that can be the swingman to allow Deledio to go back there?

I surely am not the only one in this boat as I have already traded out Clarke and Bugg from defense, and have Spurr and Ellis still there going nowhere fast.</blockquote>

Sam Docherty from Brisbane is DEF/MID, and should be getting a game soon. 20 possessions in the first half before the bye in the magoos