Big Toddy Goldstein

Discussion in 'AFL' started by leb17, Jun 13, 2012.

1. leb17

leb17 New Member

So ive had the rotten luck of trading in sandildans last week for a measly 5 points :x The question is who to bring in for him (ive already got naitanui). There's plenty of good rucks going round. Is it just me or would Goldstein be a good bargain buy?

Since MacIntosh has gone down he's back to last years form, and is on the cheap this week. We know he can bust out the big scores for the next 6 weeks while HMac is down, but what about when MacIntosh is back, will he keep it up?

The other options are of course, the big Mullet, perhaps Shane Mumford in a couple of weeks, or a roughie pick in Jon Griffen with Sandi out?
    Any thoughts on my ruck dilemma would be fantastic :D

2. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

@leb17

Seriously thinking of picking him up to replace sandi who has again burnt me this season (mental note).

The other options are Paddy, Cox, NicNat, Roughie, Mummy, Griff or Mullet. Job sharing (WC boys), injury risk (Roughie & Mummy) or quality/consistent output (Griff) are my worries with these guys so Paddy or Mullet look the best option other than Goldy.

Pricewise Goldy and Roughie offer outstanding value. Roughie offers flexibility too given the injury riddled joke of a season we are having.

At the end of the day Goldy is a risk and im still stewing but leaning toward giving him a crack. I cant get any worse than what ive already endured this season!!

Happy for others thoughts...

3. leb17

leb17 New Member

yeah im very much leaning towards him. He's a bargain while HMac is out, so the question is can he retain his average while sharing time with MacIntosh. If he can, i certainly think he's worth it