ruck conundrum

Discussion in 'AFL' started by yt, May 4, 2012.

1. yt

yt New Member

hi all, decided its time to bite the bullet and get rid of mummy. im going for a league win and cant afford any more 0's in the rucks.

whats everyones opinions on the best prem ruck to pick up right now. already got giles stephenson redden

2. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

NicNat>Ryder>H.Mac>Cox>McEvoy

IMO

3. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I'd go Naitanui or Ryder.

4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@warsaken - do you realize you are playing a league match against Yt this week ??

I would highly recommend that you change your advice to a complete spud as it might be the difference to you being 3-1 or 4-0 come Monday !

Just joking of course - I reckon any of the above is fair enough !

5. yt

yt New Member

yeah i was thinking nicnat, ryder or cox, dunno if i can trust the first two to maintain their averages and cox still has a bit of coin to shed ahhh the decisions!

haha dont think he has to worry about my squad too much atm.. in struggle town bad!

6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Beware going NicNat - Twitter feeds the past couple of hours say there's some doubt over him hence Lycett's inclusion in the squad.
    Wait for final team releases tomorrow - and even then, if Lycett is still listed as an emergency then beware!!!

7. yt

yt New Member

yeah i saw that, definitely means somethings going on if hes emergency! knowing my luck so far whichever ruckman i bring in will be a late withdrawal for him

8. The_General

The_General Member

I though west coast just lost kennedy. Surely lycett is his replacement. Still, I think its best to see how the change in the forward setup effect both Cox and NicNat.

9. dadrulz

dadrulz Member

What were the odds on saying Maric "is probably the best ruckman around" at the start of the year!!!

Ryder has burnt me before so I'm not going back there.

My $$'s are a bit tight so the mullet is out of the question for me ... am considering Jacobs (saves $$'s and will play every week as #1 ruckman) or waiting a week for swap to Griffin.

Also how about NicNat? Unlikely to give you a 150+ but has been ultra-consistent this year (lowest score 94).

10. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I'd have thought Goldstein, I dunno just reckon they are worse with HamMac in the team and they should move him on to Hawthorn at end of year for a decent player.

Not sure if B Scott agrees with me.

11. jb

jb New Member

Nicnatpaddywack. Bye out the way, consistently around 100 even with Coxy around, $515k is not bad.

12. The_General

The_General Member

Thanks for the responses guys. Lucas I really want to trade Goldy in but I don't think he's considered the number 1 ruck down there unfortunately.

JB, NicNat is a good option and I suppose the only thing puttin me off him is the slight injury risk as well as his inability to go 120+.

Thinking I might wait a week on rucks and reassess next week although that does put Goldy out of contention. Tough times!

13. Rooster

Rooster New Member

I'd stick with a freo big man and go with Griffin. 117 points in the wet last week and will play as the lone ruckman with Zac Clarke on the outer.

14. jb

jb New Member

If you go with a teams 2nd pref ruck (Goldy/Griff) you will enjoy there interim points but when the No1 returns you will need to trade again.
    Mummy if he hits form like last year would be the biggest bargain of the year.

15. The_General

The_General Member

Can you really go back to Mummy now after the start of the season.

That would mean Mummy => Sandi => Mummy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. FlyUp

FlyUp Member

Mummy's been moved fwd a lot this year with Pike given more time in the ruc. I'm staying away.

17. dadrulz

dadrulz Member

<blockquote>Quote from dadrulz on June 13, 2012, 10:58

Also how about NicNat? Unlikely to give you a 150+ but has been ultra-consistent this year (lowest score 94).

</blockquote>

Unfortunately I didnt listen to my own advice !!!!

18. jb

jb New Member

I finally got a chance to get on SC and trade out Sandi to Nicnat - with 4 mins till lock out.
    Did the trade, hit the confirm, then watched my little 'processing' icon go around and around and around....

During that time the game started (had radio on) and yep you guessed it - DIDNT GO THROUGH!!!
    No message or anything just went to head to head page & no NicNat who had a dozen possessions already.
    So spewin watching him chalk up a monster score.

Still think I will get him next week (maybe Ryder) but his price is now &#36;30k more.

19. snoz

snoz Moderator

Is it foolish to go Cox/Nic Nat as your starting 2 ?

20. jb

jb New Member

No - I will be Si.
    Decided Ryder might just be too risky when Hille returns, whereas we have seen all season Cox & Nic can and do both score well in the same game.
    Maric too exp for me.