Priddis

Discussion in 'AFL' started by turbo, Jun 12, 2012.

1. mossssssy

mossssssy New Member

I was planning on getting Priddis this week as M6 but now that GAJ has put in a poor score I could pick him up for $625K odd in a couple of weeks (yes Im one of the fools that traded GAJ out)
    Sounds great, but means I miss a final DEF or FWD upgrade through to the end of the season due to lack of trades.

So..... would Priddis plus a Beams/Sidebum for instance be better than a GAJ plus a Zorko/Treloar? Average wise I would probably go Priddis & Beams, and not risk rookies hitting the wall, but I lose the extra captain option and means I will be regretting all season missing GAJ at a bargain basement price.......

This has been doing my head in!

I should mention the other mids I have are Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Jelwood and NDS (who I had from the start and didnt pick up cheaply unfortunately)

2. Golingo

Golingo New Member

As a person who had Priddis from Round 1 (after an ever reliable 2011 for me), can I flip you all the bird? If Ablett has another stinker and he drops below 600 I'll really be mad. My saving grace is hoping to not miss out on a cheaper Pendles (again)

3. Muppets

Muppets Member

I've decided not to take Priddis. I feel he's going to be more 105 average for the rest of the year. If I'm patient I'll be able to pick up Swan or Watson to complete my mids in a few weeks and that just looks so much better in my team. There looks to be some ok downgrade options starting to pop up so I don't have to be impatient and jump at the bargain. Only going for leagues so don't need the points now.

4. DC

DC Member

Muppets.. Fair enough.. I am changing my mind about him and will most likely get him this week... Say he averages 10 points less then Swan for the remainder of the year he is still nearly 180k cheaper which can be used on another upgrade. Losing 10 points per week will be made up with your other upgrade.

5. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Anyone concerned about Shuey's increased midfield influence robbing Priddis of some points this season?

6. DC

DC Member

Obviously Shueys midfield time has robbed Priddis of some points this year but lets hope Shuey becomes targeted more regularlly from the opposition!

460k for someone to average 105-110 for the rest of the year is a bargin!

7. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

Very glad I jumped on him about 15 minutes before tonight's game, 115 by 3QT!!!

8. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

So do we keep him as VC. That means bring on a non player (no donuts this week) for me or do I jump on Gazza for Cpt?

Help !

9. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

I'm going to play it safe - take his 131 and double his score!

10. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

As someone whos last two captains have been pendles when he was subbed and GAJ last week, i will definately be keeping it. even though i think yablett will score around 150 against the roos, as I know all too well, ANYTHING can happen, and its a good feeling to have that 130 locked in