Top 10 Premium Defender 2012

Discussion in 'AFL' started by UnderAchievers, May 30, 2012.

1. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Hey guys, so 9 rounds in and we are starting to get some idea about who will be the top 10 Premiums in each position. I'd love to focus on the Defenders and get some idea from people who they think will fill these 10 spots.
    I currently have in my team:
    Goddard
    Deledio
    Shaw
    Scotland
    Waters
    Those 5 look locks to finish in the Top 10, so I'd love to know who everyone think will fill those final 5 spots.
    Will the likes of Newman, Suckling, Fisher, Adcock, Enright turn around their form for the second half of the season?
    I'll be interested to see what people think!

2. jibba

jibba Member

You'd think Birchall would, should the Hawks start winning some games
    I remember Lucas had a stat about Defenders who tend to score better in losses compared to wins.
    That could play a factor again

Personally being an essendon supporter, I'd like to think Heppell or Dempsey would be an outside chance of finishing top 10 or really close :p

3. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

The current top 10 (by average)

Deledio Shaw Goddard Scotland Waters M Johnson Rance Hurn S Thompson Duffield

Players outside the top 10 (and could possibly move in) are Birchall, Suckling, Enright, Broughton, S Fisher

Also, Carrazzo and Hibberd are due to come back soon. Not necessarily top 10, however they could be interesting PODs

4. donatello

donatello New Member

I would think Birchall, Suckling, Fisher, Rance and Enright will all come good and feature in the top 10 from this point on. If you are going for overall maybe Waters and Johnson.

5. Muppets

Muppets Member

Great thread. Waters is on my to do list for round 12. Just in time for him to get injured. I would think Birchall and possibly Hanley might make top 10. As a Hawks supporter I don't think Suckling is playing well enough. I hope I'm wrong.

6. providore

providore New Member

Good topic. I've been looking at this and have decided on Fisher and Carazzo when they bottom out, and Johnson in part due to D/F status. Players like suckling and heppell seem to be struggling to reach previous highs and consistency. The only other smokey is Yarran - assuming fitness is his main obstacle since returning - could be a good trade for duds like Spurr who's sitting on my bench doing nothing. What do others think about Yarran?

7. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I was looking at Yarran as well due to his price. I don't know....consistency is an issue as he hasn't gone back to his half-back flank role.

8. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy New Member

I think what you need to keep in mind is that it only matters that the defender you bring in is top ten from when you trade them in, so in theory all previous scores are irrelevant so Yarran could be a good choice but I get the feeling he will be dropped soon, surely hawks will fire up soon so suckling could be a good choice what do you think?

For what its worth thinking carrazzo and suckling for me

9. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Take out Carrazzo's injury affected game and he's a top 3 defender. Is playing a considerably more inside game this season to compliment his negating role in the midfield.

10. malbi

malbi Member

What about Nathan Grima who has just jumped into 4th spot? Is he going to be consistent for the rest of the season? He's nice and cheap for his average at the moment. It would have been better last week of course.

11. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

Grima's never played a full year, but he's averaged quite well consistently when he does play. In 2010 he averaged 91SC over 17 games, with 6 games over 100. So if he can stay on the park for the rest of the year he might be a goer.

12. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I grabbed Grima last week, hoping for a decent POD for my league if not too many jump on him.

13. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I grabbed Grima last week, hoping for a decent POD for my league if not too many jump on him.