Jamie Elliot (collingwood) JS

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Wallaby, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Wallaby

Wallaby New Member

Does anyone know much about this guy? I haven't heard or seen him mentioned anywhere? Looking for a player to downgade Taylor Adams to free up a little cash for my last upgrade and was considering Elliot. Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Little job security I'd suggest. Might even be out of the side with the return of Reid, Shaw, Toovey etc.
    Then there's Pendlebury to come back.

There is room for small forwards at Collingwood, but I'd suggest the order would at the moment be:

Blair
    Sinclair
    Didak
    Elliott/Ugle

With probably room for 2 or 3 of these players to get in any given week.

HTH

3. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

What is Marley Williams' JS like?

4. Lucas

Probably gone when Pendlebury returns.

5. Wallaby

Wallaby New Member

Cheers lucas :) Greatly appreciated

6. tmq

tmq New Member

I'd agree Elliot's JS is not great, with imminent returnees. Though Didak is gone now, and the rate the pies are dropping he could get some more games. Blair and Sinclair are def the first picks, but i'd say Sinclair is ahead of Ugle now.

If you've got him, I'd keep him till he's dropped. But I wouldn't recommend getting him in if you haven't.

7. tmq

tmq New Member

Thought I'd better get in and revise my judgement on Elliot's JS.... if he plays like he did on Saturday his spot is his to keep. Very impressive. (Looked like Justin Beiber splitting a pack in the last quarter - bizarre!)

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

Elliot was amazing in the last quarter against the eagles the way he thru himself at the ball and multiple contested marks, as a pie supporter I hope he stays, not happy with Clarke he may need a rest in the 2s . Sinclair to come in for Williams not sure who goes out for Pendles, hopefully Clarke . Young will drop out for Tarrant

9. tmq

tmq New Member

Which will still leave someone to be sub (Young this week), and that could possibly fall to Elliot.

I think Buckley is in more danger than Clarke. His decision making and disposal is terrible, clarke much more consistent.

The pies do have a height balance issue too, if they want to play all of reid, tarrant, brown. (and jolly,cloke, dawes!)

10. GrannyBoy

GrannyBoy New Member

I heard a few things from various coaches/pundits preseason. I had him as a backman though which I believe is where he played last year. He was picked to break into the 1st team this year and had a few at the pies impressed with his intensity preseason. I also heard that Jarrod Witts(ruck), Caolan Mooney and Peter Yagmoor(def) were prospects and could look to break into the 1st team sometime this year too, and Marty Clarke was extremely fit and could make a good run with player, from the same articles. Read into that what you will.
    I think with the Krak and McAffer goin down Elliotts js is ok but a dip in form and a fit Didak could change that.

11. GrannyBoy

GrannyBoy New Member

<blockquote>Quote from GrannyBoy on June 25, 2012, 16:53
    I heard a few things from various coaches/pundits preseason. I had him as a backman though which I believe is where he played last year. He was picked to break into the 1st team this year and had a few at the pies impressed with his intensity preseason. I also heard that Jarrod Witts(ruck), Caolan Mooney and Peter Yagmoor(def) were prospects and could look to break into the 1st team sometime this year too, and Marty Clarke was extremely fit and could make a good run with player, from the same articles. Read into that what you will.
    I think with the Krak and McAffer goin down Elliotts js is ok but a dip in form and a fit Didak could change that.</blockquote>
    Nice call, 2 days before he got promoted.

12. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

You're calling your own 'nice call'? Hmm.

13. pollypies

pollypies Member

I would be suprised if Elliot doesn't play the majority of the games. People said the same thing about Fasolo last year. I think there is room for Elliot and Sinclair because of the emphasis on forward 50 pressure, something Elliot is renowned for but hasn't shown too much of yet. And Blair has been rotating through the midfield, starting in centre bounces since Bally went down, so although he does play a fair proportion of the game in the forward line, I don't think he is strictly competing with Sinclair and Elliot. I think it also helps Elliot's JS that he can play tall. Many insiders touted him as being similar to Medhurst, which I think he showed last week with his marking.

14. Lucas

I like Elliott, just can't see him standing up this year in finals, a bit like Fasolo, will just get mashed when the pressure comes. Not this preparation, but definitely a future player for sure.

I'd be thinking Didak will be in come finals because of his class, Sinclair for forward pressure and Blair for his work at ground level. Goldsack-Dawes-Cloke fills it out and I'd suggest we will play more midfielders to cover the slack on the bench.

Later rounds might also be getting games into Macaffer or Krakouer, just never know. Also Ben Johnson will want a game if he's able to make it back.

So many combinations that could happen. In terms of JS, which is what the question was about, Elliott I'd say will play between 5 and 7 games from here, and will probably sub effected in 2. If that's as good as you can get at the price, then go for it.

Mooney - not sure on him. I'd think 4 max, but I said that about Williams and he is still there.

Pies Team this week and the outs I think would push at least best 22:

B: Heritier O’Brien, Nathan Brown, Marley Williams
    HB: Nick Maxwell, Ben Reid, Alan Toovey
    C: Simon Buckley, Dale Thomas, Jarryd Blair
    HF: Alex Fasolo, Chris Dawes, Heath Shaw
    F: Dayne Beams, Travis Cloke, Tyson Goldsack
    Foll: Darren Jolly, Dane Swan, Steele Sidebottom
    I/C: Sharrod Wellingham, Jamie Elliott, Caolan Mooney, Jackson Paine

OUT:
    Pendlebury (Buckley)
    Tarrant (Paine)
    Sinclair (Mooney)