AFL Footy Star 2012

Discussion in 'AFL' started by rodgo, Jun 24, 2012.

1. rodgo

rodgo New Member

Hey all Rodgo here the Dev of Footy Star. As some of you have noticed over the past few rounds my app has not been displaying SC scores at the intervels due to issues beyond my control. As of Round 13 we are publishing Live SC & Dt Scores. Any feedback or requests you have please let me know. Please everyone continue to support Indie Developers so we can continue to deliver quality products.

Cheers

Rodgo

IOS - http://itunes.apple.com/app/afl-footy-star-2012./id511879361?mt=8
    Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.footy.start

2. Dave665

Dave665 New Member

hey rodgo, are the sc scores actually live and from the herald sun website or are they just your own estimates. also with the lite version of your app you should consider having it as a trial with all the features unlocked for maybe a week just so we can check what the app is like before paying as basically everything is locked in the lite version.

3. rodgo

rodgo New Member

Gday Dave. I understand your concern with the Lite version but there is no way for me to have a free unlocked app then lock it up after x amount of time. I decided to make the app only $1.99 so it wasnt much of an expense to unlock the lite or buy the full version. If you are unhappy with the app you can request a refund from the App Store but i can assure you that you will be a very happy user. Very hard to discuss the live SC scoring but lets just say its Live and Accurate.

cheers

4. Dave665

Dave665 New Member

Well i did end up buying your app, its great! the sc scores are live and are the same as the herald sun website, just wondering if you could ass so with the live sc scores that i could put them in order instead of have dt scores in order and also if you could add something to let us know who the subs are. so far this is a great app and with those few changes will make it a lot better

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Why pay for live scores when u can register for free trial on Herald Sun?

6. Dave665

Dave665 New Member

well thats going to run out eventually, also the app has a lot more features

7. rodgo

rodgo New Member

Thanks for the feedback dave. I will try and get an update out soon that you can select the sort order of the fantasy scores as per the users selection. Doing the subs would be hard as you would need someone to enter the data before every game, i have tried to automate as much as possible and to do this would mean never seeing the sun again.

Stkilda Thunda as Dave has mentioned there are a heap more features including a news feed with all the TS articles and a Breakevens page again supplied by TS. You could scam the system but for the sake of $2 you could support Footy Star to further evolve and be the complete fantasy players app.

Feedback is always appreciated.............A lot of work goes into my app and websites like TooSerious so anything you can do to support us is greatly appreciated. I can assure you we dont make millions off our little ventures.

cheers

Rodgo

8. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

lol so scripted

9. rodgo

rodgo New Member

yep we all mates, you caught us out! Damn!

10. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

I donate to TooSerious, but that doesnt mean i should just fork over my money to you. Does Walsey endorse this product? Cos i havent seen him post in here saying he does and if your trying to make money off his articles and stats/breakeven pages then thats just plain wrong.

11. rodgo

rodgo New Member

Sorry no official Walsey endorsement. But I endorse anyone running a website/blog about fantasy footy or AFL in general. Maybe rather then ask for a $1.95 purchase price i should make it free so nice guys like you donate when/if the product is up too your standard.

12. stowie

stowie Moderator

Any chance of making the leap to Windows Phone?

13. rodgo

rodgo New Member

Gday Stowie, just dont think there are enough Windows Phone users out there. Everyone throws around Android numbers and for the amount of work i put in to develop an Android build i pretty much wasted my time. The only really reason i made an Android build was because i have an Android phone :).

Love the 2K12 icon, did you see the 2k13 demo? I cant wait, i think NBA live are coming back also this year.

14. stowie

stowie Moderator

Fair enough, though WP will take over the world... one day ;)