Round 14Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Jun 25, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ive got few options this week. Scott Thompson is extremely ripe for the picking. $530K for bloke averaging 117 is absolute steal, add in Adelaides incredibly awesome run home and not sure how u can go past him.

Was planning on trading out JMac this week but starting to think as ive got Sam Gibson & Tom Ledger on bench (not sold on eithers job security) i might be better to trade Ledger out for Thompson.

Im trading out Giles for a cheap F/R as can swing Roughie in there, and that means ill field Zorko & Porps until Zaharakis comes back.

Options are:

1. OUT: Giles & JMac
    IN: Thompson & Pattison and $250K in bank

2. OUT: Giles & JMac
    IN: Ablett & Pattison & 130K in bank

3. OUT: Giles & Ledger
    IN: Thompson & Pattison & 40K in bank

If i go option 1 i can hopefuly turn Porps into Beams next week or something similar. I know Gazza is best option, but wondering if taking gamble and going for POD might get me some league wins along way especially with Crows awesome draw.

2. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

I'll go with Option No.1 SKT. Listen to your gut!

3. bfish

bfish New Member

Have to agree with you on Thompson's value SKT. I'm looking at him or Swan.

4. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

Thompson all the way, had him in my trade plan for ages mainly due to his awesome run home. Picked him up last week, probably a week early but with Treloar's dismal 7, It had to be done.

This week I'm going:
    Porps - Dangerfield
    McDonald - Gibson

5. Fez

Fez Moderator

Thompson for pod but I'm convinced Ablett should b the first player picked in each side and priority to b traded in if you don't have him

I got 7 trades left, my backline is a disaster and I've had enough of Marty Clarke. With 60k in the bank there are 3 options so who would be the best option to bring in out of Newman Lake and Heppell, although Newman has a high BE that doesn't bother me as this person will hopefully just be there till the end and give me hopefully 90 ppg.

6. Quantum

Quantum New Member

What are everyone's thoughts on big J Patton for a downgrade. Maybe not the best scorer, but good job security and seems that any downgrade target is a good one ATM

7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Quantum: FWIW I think JP could be suitable cover if needed - good JS (assuming you have the cash)

Fez: wait till Lake bottoms out - hes go a tough finals run so should see the ball coming down with regularity.

SKT: I would go Option 3 - JMac is usfull bench coverage and a resonable scorer if required. Depends on your MPP situation too.

8. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Ive noted that the Saints have 3 or last 4 games at ES... this take any wet weather out of the equation and might provide some selection incentive.

Does anyone agree? Disagree?

Hoping Fisher comes good...

9. Fez

Fez Moderator

Dirty dog , Lakes prices looks set to rise this week with Clarke going down if I wait I won't b able to afford after this week

10. GrannyBoy

GrannyBoy New Member

(Edit) Stk, agreed Thomo looks ripe but if you don't have Ablett all other trades are irrelevant if you're losing 20pts(x2) every round on your captains average. Your first objective should be to get him in there. As far as Roughie goes he may appeal as a dpp if you go Pattison for cash but would you score more over the rest of the season with Maric/Ryder in there even if you do cop a fwd/ruck doughie on the way?

11. G-Train

G-Train Member

I don't have Ablett or Swan or Pendlebury, and my team is complete.
    Not really a good indicator but will serve to show team quality - my SC Gold projected score is 2500 a week with a max over 3000, for next 10 rounds.

12. G-Train

G-Train Member

So my point is I never had Pendles or Swan as I though they were inflated/injured, I had Ablett and traded him out immediately after first injury, and wasn't going to ever trade him back after that. I strengthened other lines and still have an elite midfield by using funds to buy low, and my team should still be competitive.
    I feel its best to be well rounded, than be short in a position to buy in a supposed perma-captain, when with some minor analysis you can select a pretty good captain each week.

13. GrannyBoy

GrannyBoy New Member

Sorry new to this site, I was talking dt. My previous post doesn't make a great deal of sense if we're talkin sc, I should've realised with the avgs/prices. I've edited it now. Is there a separate dt/sc forum here or all in the one? I'll keep an eye out in future posts, oops.

14. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from Philosoraptor on June 25, 2012, 16:24
    I don't have Ablett or Swan or Pendlebury, and my team is complete.
    Not really a good indicator but will serve to show team quality - my SC Gold projected score is 2500 a week with a max over 3000, for next 10 rounds.
    </blockquote>

Unfortunately 2500 doesn't win SC finals in tough leagues though. Weeks where Ablett, Pendles and Swan perform at the end of the season, winners are all in the 2600++ category from last couple of years. Worth it for the POD, but week-in week-out any two of those three are worth 450-500 between them (including the C).

15. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I'd be avoiding trades for a while now that the bye donuts are behind us,
    I'm 3 premiums short of being fully upgraded with 8 trades remaining,
    will only be trading if needed to avoid donuts v strong opponents in the run home,
    those last 3 upgrades will happen on the way but with the way injuries are going,
    feel it'd be better to wait for when my hand's forced rather than rushing the final few upgrades & being left without cover when the next spate of carnage hits.
    League hunters will need 4 trades in the final 3 rounds, especially with the trend of resting stars before finals.

16. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on June 25, 2012, 17:32
    I'd be avoiding trades for a while now that the bye donuts are behind us,
    I'm 3 premiums short of being fully upgraded with 8 trades remaining,
    will only be trading if needed to avoid donuts v strong opponents in the run home,
    those last 3 upgrades will happen on the way but with the way injuries are going,
    feel it'd be better to wait for when my hand's forced rather than rushing the final few upgrades & being left without cover when the next spate of carnage hits.
    League hunters will need 4 trades in the final 3 rounds, especially with the trend of resting stars before finals.
    </blockquote>

Hey by saying you a pretty much upgraded all your player does that mean your cheapest upgrade would be in the 400's? Or do you have players all 550-600?

17. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

The least value of my fielded players are =
    Horsley = &#36;321,600
    Clarke = &#36;332,700
    Giles = &#36;422,200
    the rest are premiums,
    while waiting on benched players like shaw, gibson & elliott to mature.

18. GrannyBoy

GrannyBoy New Member

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on June 25, 2012, 18:42
    The least value of my fielded players are =
    Horsley = &#36;321,600
    Clarke = &#36;332,700
    Giles = &#36;422,200
    the rest are premiums,
    while waiting on benched players like shaw, gibson & elliott to mature.
    </blockquote>
    Yeah i think if you're looking for league glory you need a few trades up your sleeve come finals. I'm in a similar boat with only 3 on the field under &#36;425k and 200k in the bank I'm saving my trades for a crack at a title.

19. Corks

Corks Member

Was going to hold fire for another week, but then thought "bugger it...get the upgrades done early and sit back and enjoy the ride". Sitting well in all leagues, but will do the:

Redden => Pattison

MacDonald => Roughead (Adams to mid)

Gives me my F6 (The Zork at F7 will do nicely) and a bit of cover for the worrying Goldy/Giles ruck combo.

20. Greggles

Greggles New Member

What would be handy would be a D/M rookie. Anybody know one who might get some game time?