Round 14Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on June 25, 2012, 19:37

Redden => Pattison

</blockquote>

Corks, may I ask why you are putting a player that hasn't played a game? Assuming you are talking about Pattison from the hawks? Same price as Campbell from the doggies who looks good. Cheers, just have to sort my ruck soon

2. Muppets

Muppets Member

Gonna finish off my mids with Thompson this week. He'll team up with Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Jelwood and NDS. Sadly will need to downgrade someone next week to afford Carrazzo so not sure I'll do that as I'll only have 7 trades left after the Thompson trade. Will leave me with Lake/Darley/Shaw for D6/7 and Zorko/Pearce F6/7. Also will continue to plug away with Kreuzer and Giles in the ruck. For downgrades Patton will play but will only net me about &#36;100K so not sure about that. Think I'll sit tight for a few weeks after this.

3. Corks

Corks Member

Nadz...going for the F/R link with Roughead. In effect Pattison is just deadwood to allow me to cash in Redden then use Roughead as floating F6 / R3 as needed.

4. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Genius!

5. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Noticed a few in my league have mirrored your strategy Corks,
    still not convinced carrying the deadwood in exchange for the versatility is a good choice,
    time will tell I guess, could turn out to be either masterstroke or failure,
    all the best luck with that m8.

6. turbo

turbo New Member

Thompson for Toby Greene (au revoir, well played young sir!) this week to leave me with the same midfield as Muppets (except Mitchell instead of NDS).

I've worked it to leave enough cash for Darley/Shaw > Carrots next week.

7. G-Train

G-Train Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on June 25, 2012, 17:23
    <blockquote>Quote from Philosoraptor on June 25, 2012, 16:24
    I don't have Ablett or Swan or Pendlebury, and my team is complete.
    Not really a good indicator but will serve to show team quality - my SC Gold projected score is 2500 a week with a max over 3000, for next 10 rounds.
    </blockquote>

Unfortunately 2500 doesn't win SC finals in tough leagues though. Weeks where Ablett, Pendles and Swan perform at the end of the season, winners are all in the 2600++ category from last couple of years. Worth it for the POD, but week-in week-out any two of those three are worth 450-500 between them (including the C).</blockquote>

2500 isnt exact, more so an indication of a good team, I have a premium team lineup right now with none of them.
    I'd prefer to have them, but circumstance this season didn't warrant it for mine.

8. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on June 25, 2012, 21:12
    Noticed a few in my league have mirrored your strategy Corks,
    still not convinced carrying the deadwood in exchange for the versatility is a good choice,
    time will tell I guess, could turn out to be either masterstroke or failure,
    all the best luck with that m8.</blockquote>

Yep, not convinced myself TBH. But its starting to look like niether Stephenson nor Redden will play much from here on, so its the Roughy R/F link, pay for an extra mid-price ruck, or risk donuts.

9. G-Train

G-Train Member

Porps for Thompson I have decided on so far.

10. bfish

bfish New Member

I have had the Roughy / F/R link lined up for a few weeks. Roughy has been great since I got him in about 6 weeks ago. The problem with him is what happens when Bailey returns and how it will change his current role.

11. Chicko

Chicko New Member

Who would you choose - Beams or Thompson for M6? I've got Beams at the moment but already have one player with the M/F link that I can swing - do I need 2? Keen to hear your thoughts?

12. Corks

Corks Member

Thompson. Midfield is for Elite / Premium Mids only, stack your forwards with yous Premium forwards as there are not enough of them. Sidebum, Beams, Dangermouse, Goodes etc play forward.

13. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from bfish on June 26, 2012, 15:38
    I have had the Roughy / F/R link lined up for a few weeks. Roughy has been great since I got him in about 6 weeks ago. The problem with him is what happens when Bailey returns and how it will change his current role.</blockquote>

Only a problem for a week or two before Bailey gets injured again ;)

14. Chicko

Chicko New Member

Thanks Corks, it also saves Some precious dollars for an upgrade - cheers mate.

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Chicko on June 26, 2012, 19:16
    Who would you choose - Beams or Thompson for M6? I've got Beams at the moment but already have one player with the M/F link that I can swing - do I need 2? Keen to hear your thoughts?</blockquote>

Thompson as Beams is wasted in midfield. You want as many "mids" scoring points in forward line as possible.

16. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Was thinking Carrots for Hargrave but that seems OK to wait another week. So Giles -------> Roughead after downgrading Redden to ------> Campbell. Does this move sound totally insane or am I on the ball this week?

17. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

#Gonaddz
    Yep that is a good move for sure, due to trades and team structure I am not doing a fwd-ruck link anymore but it definitely is a useful option.
    The one question I would ask is how many trades do you have left? Because downgrading Redden only gives you 150k...potentially affecting other upgrades further down the track. Unless your bank is loaded already, then go for it!

Can somebody please give some opinion advice on this situation:
    My mids are complete but Pendles is on the bench. I have Swallow who has struggled all year. Should I sideways him to Thompson now? Or even Swan? Or should I save my trades for finals time and make the trade then.

Thompson is at his lowest price right now so it is temptin, feel that I may miss out on an opportunity.

My other issue is Giles. Will he get back to his average? First season of AFL and he might fade out. I'm aware he's older and previously been on an AFL list.
    The problem is that his potential replacements are at their lowest price (Jacobs, Mumford) and have low BE's, while Giles is most likely at his highest price for the remainder of the season.

So this week would be the ideal week to trade Giles! What do people think? I'd be leaning towards Jacobs for his run home and not being injury/suspension-prone (Mumford) but is it worth it? Ryder, Redden, Big O my other rucks.

18. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Thanks H_Dons! Great info! After doing my downgrade and upgrade I'll have 193K with 7 trades remaining. Will be down to 6 next week when I get Carrots in for Hargrave still leaving me with around 100K the week after to upgrade Dickson, Zorko or Lake.

I like your move to upgrade Giles as I don't think he will go up too much more with Sydeny, Hawks and Adalade the next opponents thats why I'm jumping off now before I get to comfortable with Giles and his price starts slipping.

19. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

If you're confident of making your league final,
    I've put together a projection of what to expect from each premium in that crucial final round...
    have done defenders and mids, working on rucks and forwards now.

So far =

Here are the projected top scorers of the current top 30 for each line,
    for that final round.

If you factored in season average + recent form (last 3 match average) + ave v round 23 opponent + ave @ground in round 23, added them & divided by 4...

Defenders =
    1 - 111 - Deledio
    2 - 111 - Grima
    3 - 103 - Shaw
    4 - 101 - Enright
    5 - 100 - Goddard
    6 - 99 - Scarlett
    7 - 98 - Scotland
    8 - 97 - Johnson (score affected by last round spud job, should go better)
    9 - 97 - Adcock
    10- 97 - Burgoyne
    11- 95 - Waters
    12- 94 - Birchall
    13- 93 - Carazzo
    14- 92 - Hurn
    15- 90 - Hanley
    16- 90 - Gram
    17- 89 - Heppell
    (No one else from top 30 defenders projected to score over 86)

Mids =
    1 - 139 - Ablett
    2 - 132 - Swan
    3 - 130 - Pendlebury
    4 - 123 - Thompson
    5 - 120 - Watson
    6 - 119 - Mitchell
    7 - 113 - Tuck
    8 - 110 - Rockliff
    9 - 110 - Priddis
    10- 109 - Sellwood
    11- 109 - Sloane