Round 15 - trades?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Astro39, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Think Carrots might be an automatic in for those with the coin.

Here is my issue:

Team is Delidio, Goddard, H Shaw, Suckling, M Johnson, Dempsey, Ellis (Darley, S Shaw)

Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Watson, Thompson, Joel Selwood (Horsley, McDonald)

Jacobs, Giles (Orren, Redden)

Franklin, Dangerfield, Beams, Martin, Hale, Zorko, Saad (Smedts, Hall)

7 trades left, $411k in the bank.

Given I'll be trading Ellis for Carrots, that will leave 6 trades and over $200k behind. I can put Hale in the rucks, trading out Giles, and pick up someone like Pav, leaving me with about $130k behind and 5 trades (really could afford any forward but I like Freo's run home and Pav's form.)

Alternately, I can do the risky trade, bring in Campbell for Giles which will leave me massively cashed up for the finals. This latter route means I will have to spend 2 more trades at some stage - one to upgrade the rucks to 2 full premiums, and the second to fill that last forward spot. If I go down this track I will have to spend another 2 trades, leaving me with 3 overall - the upside is I will have the $ to spend those last 3 trades basically in any fashion - even to the extent of just filling out my bench with cover .

Overall the two glaring issues I have are the last forward spot, given Zorko is in and Saad, Hall and Smedts have no JS, and the other issue is the last ruck spot. Any advice please?

2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Astro - give Smedt another week, it's the first time he's actually given us something.

Saad stunk it up this week and will drop in price...

Zorko is now a keeper and provides good coverage..

Hall and Hale are your best options, with a ruck upgrade and a Fwd upgrade. Then sit on your remaining trades, and pick your last trades based on what your opponent has.

Assuming your going league only.

There will be option come finals time.

If your secure in your league top four then hold off.

3. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Agree with dirty dog, if you're secured up top of the ladder in you leagues I would hold off.

What's peoples opinions on Sam Fisher?

I'm thinking of a double upgrade down back with Ellis to Carrazzo and Malceski to Fisher.

Fisher's BE is gettable this round at 103 and Malceski doesn't seem to be able to get a game at the moment.

4. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

For my team, I am thinking of shipping out Sam Shaw (seems to be close to mooing) and Broughton (new role worries me) for Carazzo and Hibberd. With this my team would be complete.

Without his injury-score of 15 Hibberd would be averaging 89. This is pretty good for someone at around $337 000. Does he have a permanent spot in the Essendon team is my question. If anyone could tell me that'd be great because I think he is quite reliable for them

5. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Blue Believer Thank You!

Mohr ------------> Carrots 6 Trades left thank you very muchie!

6. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey New Member

Looking for opinions on-
    yarren? is he a viable defender given he's come off the bye and looks to be over his injury and scored 90+.
    Judd? Had his rest, no longer injured and punched 120+.

Both super cheap, both proven scorers although not reliable at times.

Using these cheap guys would save a couple of trades in the long run.
    Only have 8 trades and still one mid and one defender spot to fill. I know it's an average move but
    is it better to do that than have 1 super prem mid and continue to use a rookie in defense. Cheers for the ideas

7. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Hibberd will play every game if he continues to show his form. My guess is he would need two bad games in a row and might get dropped...of course if he has one shocker he might get sent to the magoos.

FWIW, he's a courageous defender who will never stop trying, if I needed another defender I would not be concerned with his JS. Hibberd is in the best 22.

8. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

@Astro, I'd be tossing up between -
    Saad &/or Hale, for Roughead/Robinson/Stanley/Lewis/Paine.
    Orren for Maric/Cox/Ryder/Campbell.
    & Ellis for Spurr/Paine.

9. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

FWIW,
    I've searched through the current top 30 players for each position,
    factored in season averages so far, recent form (last 3 match average scores)
    average v each ones round 23 opponents, & average @ the ground, added the 4 together and divided by 4,
    these are the projections for round 23 scores =

Defenders =
    1 - 111 - Deledio
    2 - 111 - Grima
    3 - 103 - Shaw
    4 - 101 - Enright
    5 - 100 - Goddard
    6 - 99 - Scarlett
    7 - 98 - Scotland
    8 - 97 - Johnson
    9 - 97 - Adcock
    10- 97 - Burgoyne
    11- 95 - Waters
    12- 94 - Birchall
    13- 93 - Carazzo

Mids =
    1 - 139 - Ablett
    2 - 132 - Swan
    3 - 130 - Pendlebury
    4 - 123 - Thompson
    5 - 120 - Watson
    6 - 119 - Mitchell
    7 - 113 - Tuck
    8 - 110 - Rockliff
    9 - 110 - Priddis
    10- 109 - Sellwood
    11- 109 - Sloane
    12- 108 - Swallow
    13- 106 - NDS

Rucks =
    1 - 112 = Maric
    2 - 106 = HMac
    3 - 105 = Jacobs
    4 - 104 = Cox
    5 - 103 = Roughead
    6 - 102 = Ryder
    7 - 100 = Mumford
    8 - 100 = Nic Nat
    9 - 98 = Goldy
    10- 96 = Jolly
    11- 94 = Sandi.

Forwards=
    1 - 121 - Buddy
    2 - 113 - Chapman
    3 - 112 - Beams
    4 - 106 - Harvey
    5 - 105 - Danger
    6 - 103 - Sidey
    7 - 103 - Roughead
    8 - 103 - T walker
    9 - 101 - Tippett
    10- 101 - Petrie
    11- 101 - Zorko
    12- 100 - Zaha
    13- 100 - Cloke
    14- 99 - pav
    15- 97 - M Johnson
    16- 95 - Adams
    17- 95 - Blair
    18- 95 - OKeefe
    19- 94 - Stevie J
    20- 93 - D Stanley
    21- 92 - Nroo
    22- 92 - Lewis

10. Chicko

Chicko New Member

Top work Fidels. I'm looking to upgrade Clarke this week but tossing up between Carrots and Birchall. Just can't bring myself to consider Grima - not sure why. Thoughts? Back line is Deledio, Shaw, Scotland, Goddard, Suckling, Clarke (S Shaw and Spurr).

11. RV

RV New Member

Thinking outside the square this week, esp with Goddard situation.

Assuming Pendles returns (please we need you back! edit - noting I am Blues supporter but we are no show of top8 now anyways), I am contemplating TGreene (mid) to Carrazzo (m/d). Only uses 1 trade. Any backline cow upgrade to Carrots would require a 1up and 1down for me (with bugger all trades left).

This opens up m/d link and lets me move Goddard to the mids bench.

In 2 weeks time, downgrade one of my backline cows to a cheap non playing m/d - allowing me to switch Goddard back to def. Or just trade out a backline cow, switch Goddard to backs, and bring in last premium Mid.

Keen on DSwan, and am now stuck waiting for him to drop back in price to fill my final Mid premium possie.

Thoughts?

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ellis to Yarran will pocket you $9000 this week!

13. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on July 3, 2012, 01:18
    @Astro, I'd be tossing up between -
    Saad &/or Hale, for Roughead/Robinson/Stanley/Lewis/Paine.
    Orren for Maric/Cox/Ryder/Campbell.
    & Ellis for Spurr/Paine.

</blockquote>

Cheers - think most SCers are in some sort of similar spot to myself - these decisions at the end of the season carry so much more weight given upcoming finals, lack of trades etc etc. Think I've used the reverse button about 8 times already this week and its still only Tuesday - I'm really struggling.

14. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I really don't know if it's worth making any trades...I was considering trading Dempsey for carrots before he scored 99.

My backs read like this: Goddard, Lids, Shaw, Broughton, Waters, Lake, Dempsey (S.Shaw, Darley)

Are any of my defenders worth upgrading? I have 5 trades left and my team is complete, but the above is definitely my weakest line. I do also have Cloke in the forwards so he might be offloaded, I could trade him to Beams right now if I wanted.

Decisions decisions...what should I do? Is it worth upgrading one of my defenders? I have 199k in the bank.

Somebody help please!

15. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

H-Don,

Based on current firm.

Both Demsey and Lake have a very competitive run home and finals series. For Demsey, they come up against some tough 50/50 games so I think they will need his run of HB line so should be consistent scores if not better. While Lake will see a lot of footy coming his way, he's a confidence player and needs to remain that way to keep avg or above.

Carrots also has some tight games and at some point Rats will need to throw caution into the wind and get the Blues to open up their playing style, this could allow Carrots to free up from a lock down roll.

Come GF week Carrots is at the MCG against Pies, Demsey plays at Etihad against the Saints (Rats last game) and Lake is at the Gabba. IMP - some thoght should be given to the Geel V's Syd game - I think this is a must win for Geel so no rested players and Enright might be a good option if his form continues.

Option 1: bring in carrots for Lake or Demsey and hope they don't smash out big scores.
    Option 2: hold off until Shaw moo'es then upgrade
    Option 3: bring in carrots for mid who's just about moo'ed and then move Goddard to mids and Carrots back for cover and sit back and wait and see.

Assuming you have some coin, Option three gives you greater flexibility and best of both worlds.

Cheers

16. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Who are some good downgrades this week? I would like to do a double upgrade, but I think I may fall a little short and I am not going to cheap out and bring in a player I don't really want because it's all I can afford. So I may have to do 1 downgrade this week. My upgrade will be Carrazzo this week.

Just thinking who are options to downgrade to? Does anyone think it's worth downgrading one of my bench rucks who are Redden and Jenkins to perhaps a Campbell? Campbell's JS may be questionable, but it's not like either of them are playing consistantly anyways. My R1 and R2 are Cox and NicNat.

Anyone else other than Campbell? I can't see much out there.

17. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Thanks DD, much appreciated!
    You got the final games wrong - carrots is at Etihad Vs Saints and Dempsey is at the G against the Pies.

But your right, based on current form it seems to be acceptable to leave my team as is.

There's no point moving Goddard to the mids as my midfield is complete. I think your idea of eventually upgrading S.Shaw is good...will provide me with some solid bench cover.

Enright is tempting...I will be looking at him closely over the next few weeks as he is starting to score well.

18. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Sorrt H-Don, was switching between screens on my iphone and clearly hadnt finished my coffee... you got my point though..

J-Cock isnt showing any form at the moment so Shaw may have some JS for the time being.. though Im thinking JC would be part of the finals plan if he comes good.

19. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

MY TEAM - The Selection Table:

Where to from here... ?

BACKS:

Lids(def/mid)
    Johnson(def/fwd)
    Scotland(def/mid)
    Birchell
    Lake
    Shaw H
    Carrazzo(def/mid)
    Goddard(def/mid)
    Shaw S

MIDS:

Kennedy
    Stanton
    Ablett
    Boyd
    Pendles
    Priddis
    Crozier(mid/fwd)
    King-Wilson(mid/Def - Rookie)

RUCKS:

Cox
    Giles
    Redden
    Big-O

FORWARDS:

Franklin
    S-Bottom(fwd/mid)
    Danger(fwd/mid)
    Martin(fwd/mid)
    Porplyzia
    Zorko(fwd/mid)
    Pfeiffer(fwd/mid)
    Smedts(fwd/def)
    McCarthy(fwd - Rookie)

Can reverse the McCarthy- Saad trade.
    6 Trades left
    &#36;325K in the bank

20. homerj

homerj Member

@Dirty Dog - Why have you done the Saad - McCarthy trade? I assume you mean Lincoln McCarthy of Cats, and you have done this trade to make &#36;&#36;&#36;, but he prob doesn't have good JS - is there any better options for you downgrade wise?

I think you need to obviously improve your forwards, maybe trade Pfeiffer for a gun forward (maybe Beams if you can afford him, or wait a few weeks for him to hopefully drop in price). Porp doing ok at the minute but might need to be traded later depending. Zorks probably a keeper (wish I had him- dumb rd 11 bye put me off!) You could also put M Johnson in forwards if you wanted as you have plenty of good defenders.

Other option is to maybe consider getting rid of Giles and upgrade to the Mullet. If I had enough trades I would get rid of Giles now but it might be a luxury I cannot afford right now.