Round 15 - trades?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Astro39, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Thank Homer J,

Saad trade to save on his $ drop this week and to maximise profit - Not convinced on McCathy (still have reverse up my sleeve).

Beams is good one so hoping he will drop a few $. Maybe Chappy too!

Zorko is definitly a keeper for coverage now, esp against the Doggies in the last Rnd.

2. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Don't know about Beams dropping in price - thought Sidey was the obvious one for that? Maybe both will drop in price in the coming month once Pendles returns - think Beams has the Ball role though so think his price is more stable.

Not sure on Saad myself - think his JS is in hot water after his weekend's performance - the Saints are not exactly short of small forward options. Think Saad could at least be looking at a vest this week after Milera got more of the ball in his short time on the ground.

3. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

double up for me this week

Ellis to Carrazzo.
    Giles to Maric.

leaves me with only 11k in the bank, 7 trades left and 2 spots still to fill (in an ideal world, obviously not gonna have 22Prem on the park come GF),

like the mullet in my team but he is expensive so would i be better served by instead trading Giles to NicNat/Ryder and pocket the extra 80k odd for a later upgrade?

4. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from 22nd_best_on_Field on July 4, 2012, 16:43
    double up for me this week

Ellis to Carrazzo.
    Giles to Maric.

leaves me with only 11k in the bank, 7 trades left and 2 spots still to fill (in an ideal world, obviously not gonna have 22Prem on the park come GF),

like the mullet in my team but he is expensive so would i be better served by instead trading Giles to NicNat/Ryder and pocket the extra 80k odd for a later upgrade? </blockquote>

I went with Jacobs last week over Maric - both have good draws the remainder of the season. Maric is more consistent but there was that price difference that made me go the Jacobs route.

5. NC1975

NC1975 New Member

www.aflaftermath.com.au for the Rd 15 podcast. All the trade news.

6. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Ended up doing the following:
    OldMac> Carrazzo
    Redden> Campbell
    Not too fussed with Campbell's JS, just needed to make a quick buck and it can't be worst than Redden.

Can't wait to get Danger next week already!

7. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy New Member

Going Malceski to Carrazzo and Ellis to Yarran

Team
    DEF
    Delidio, H Shaw, Suckling, Goddard, Dempsey, Carrazzo, Yarran, (Darley, S Shaw)
    MID
    GAJ, NDS, Swan, Rockliff, Pendles, J Selwood, (A .Kennedy, Gibson)
    RUCK
    Nic Nat, Kruezer, (Jenkins, Redden)
    FOR
    Franklin, Danger, Cloke, Stevie J, Robinson, D Martin, Treloar, (Smedts, A Hall)

6 trades left and &#36;93,000 in the bank for finals
    What do you think?
    Should I be looking to upgrade treloar?
    Just going for leagues currently 3rd place in a tight league
    Thanks

8. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

^ ^ obviously don't upgrade Treloar this week as he's due to leap in price. Maybe instead of grabbing Yarran you could downgrade Redden to Campbell to free up some &#36;? Yarran's price isn't going to move much this week anyway and you'll need some &#36; in coming weeks.

9. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

As mentioned I’ve gone ellis-carrots and Giles-Maric, but I am seriously thinking I may be better served by keeping Ellis and upgrading Guthrie to Carrots, means I can’t afford Maric though so would need to bring in Ryder for Giles instead,
    Which is the better option? I prefer Maric over Ryder but would much prefer Ellis on the park or as cover over Guthrie (Geel)
    OPTION A: Ellis – Carrots, Giles – Maric (leaves Guthrie in my backline bcoz of goddard out)
    OR
    OPTION B: Guthrie – Carrots, Giles – Ryder (leaves Ellis in my backline bcoz of goddard out)

10. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy New Member

Thanks Astro
    That would give me another 150,000
    wanted to have 6 trades for finals
    with that extra cash could get in scotland or any forward for treloar except sidey and beams
    undecided but tempted
    leaves 5 trades for finals
    could also go treloar to sylvia next week

11. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from RonBurgundy on July 6, 2012, 15:12
    Thanks Astro
    That would give me another 150,000
    wanted to have 6 trades for finals
    with that extra cash could get in scotland or any forward for treloar except sidey and beams
    undecided but tempted
    leaves 5 trades for finals
    could also go treloar to sylvia next week </blockquote>

Yarran went up about 30k or so, but if you grabbed Campbell you will have more than enough &#36; to get him this week at some stage.