Round 16 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, Jul 4, 2011.

1. DC

DC Member

Adam Goodes is fantastic value at the moment and I will be jumping on... he is getting fitter by the week and back in the Swans midfield.

2. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Stanton to Goodes - good swap, or a wasted trade?

3. beaufisher

beaufisher New Member

Wasted Trade i reckon! Whats everyones thoughts on colin sylvia as an extra premium on bench at 390K good value i think

4. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

If I didn't have Zorko as my fwd/mid emergency swing-man I'd be looking seriously at Sylvia...will arguably be playing to stay at the demons and will show us some of his elusive talent.

I need some help with my current situation in defense.

I have Broughton and Waters, with Darley and S.Shaw as my bench cover.

Thinking of keeping Waters, and trading Darley for Carrazzo (I have the money). This would mean that once Waters returns, Broughton would become my bench cover, unless his Midfield role returns, then Lake or Dempsey rotate through the bench.

Good idea? Means I'll have 4 trades left and completed team. I just don't see the point trading out a top 5 defender that will be back in a month or less.

5. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

<blockquote>Quote from JPK on July 9, 2012, 15:46
    Stanton to Goodes - good swap, or a wasted trade?</blockquote>
    Good swap if you have enough trades

6. 30BucketsofRo

30BucketsofRo New Member

Have 3 trades left, and the injuries this week are not helping. I'm hoping Murdoch from Geelong can retain his place and thereby provide cover for Buddy. I've got Tex on the bench as well. The problem is the defence. Choosing Duffield over Johnson back in RD 5 has proven to be a costly one. With Goddard still out and Waters now officially benched, my bench cover is at full stretch, at least for this week. I'll just have to cop the donut for Waters this week, Goddard can take his place next week.

I really don't feel that there's much point trading out Waters, he's been really good. Duffield, on the other hand, is a different matter. What are your opinions on trading out Duffield, given that his job security is pretty crap, and bringing in Johnson or Hurn? If I make that trade, I would be leaning towards Johnson because the Dockers have a much easier run home than the Eagles do.

My team right now is:
    Def: Deledio, Scotland, Carrazzo, Lake, Dempsey, Waters, Duffield (Goddard, Spurr)
    Mids: Ablett, Watson, J.Selwood, Sloane, Rockliff, Pendles (Horsley, Crozier)
    Rucks: Nic Nat, Roughead (Redden, Big O)
    Fwds: Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Beams, Zorko, Adams, Dickson (Tex Walker, Murdoch)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

7. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

You have 1 to many keepers in your backline, maybe downgrade Duffield to 94k rookie and take that cash and use it to upgrade somewhere, or wait till finals. Forward line needs one more upgrade so maybe somthing there but then number of trades is a worry. So maybe just hold cash.

8. 30BucketsofRo

30BucketsofRo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on July 9, 2012, 23:38
    You have 1 to many keepers in your backline, maybe downgrade Duffield to 94k rookie and take that cash and use it to upgrade somewhere, or wait till finals. Forward line needs one more upgrade so maybe somthing there but then number of trades is a worry. So maybe just hold cash.</blockquote>

Thanks Fitzy.
    I can see what you mean with the backline. The reason I still have Dempsey is because I wanted to provide cover. I'll see what I can do with Duffield. You're right, I need one more upgrade in the forward line, I think I'll wait until finals to make that upgrade. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

9. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Lyon carries a grudge like no other coach I've ever seen,
    whatever Duffield did to annoy Lyon, he was dropped for what? 3 weeks?
    & vested this week,
    & will likely be vested for the next few weeks to come,
    projected to drop plenty in cash,
    have to out him,
    a shame though, he's a quality defender,
    but with Lyon being the most extreme bite own nose off to spite face kind of guy, what choice do you have?

10. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from JPK on July 9, 2012, 15:46
    Stanton to Goodes - good swap, or a wasted trade?</blockquote>

Completely wasted trade mate. Stanton is still averaging 90-100 in this "bad" period which is more then Goodes is mostly doing. If your going to trade Stanton it needs to be to a Ablett/Swan/Pendles/Duckwood etc. An elite elite midfielder

11. chibbingus

chibbingus New Member

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on July 10, 2012, 01:03
    Lyon carries a grudge like no other coach I've ever seen,
    whatever Duffield did to annoy Lyon, he was dropped for what? 3 weeks?
    & vested this week,
    & will likely be vested for the next few weeks to come,
    projected to drop plenty in cash,
    have to out him,
    a shame though, he's a quality defender,
    but with Lyon being the most extreme bite own nose off to spite face kind of guy, what choice do you have?</blockquote>

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but Duffield is soft and unaccountable and that's why he's not getting a game... Lyon tried him in the unaccountable role of loose man and he still couldn't get into the game, guessing Lyon tried him out as sub as last resort. Mundy looked a lot better across half back in the game against the Dogs and Duffers didn't really set the world on fire as sub so I wouldnt be surprised to see him miss this week, hopefully Ross can try someone else in the role.

12. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Not sure what to do this week. Got 5 trades left, and I was going to bring in Pavlich. That will leave me with 3 trades left, as I need one downgrade to get him. Just a little short.

Option 1: Take Pavlich and end up with 3 trades left for the season
    Option 2: Take Goodes and end up with 4 trades left for the season

13. DBY

DBY New Member

Goodes is a steal at that price, considering his past second half form.

Thoughts on Giles > Minson?

Also, thoughts on Tim McIntyre as a downgrade option to make some &#36;&#36;&#36;?

14. turbo

turbo New Member

@HPCD - I was faced with the Goodes v Pav decision last week when news came out about Zaha needing another month off. In the end I decided to wait another week for Goodes for the following 2 reasons:

1. It is now obvious to opposition coaches that if you stop Pav, you beat Freo. He has kicked 12/26 of their goals in their last 2 wins and 20/52 of their goals in their last 4 games. I expect to see heavy double teaming and other negative tactics on Pav from here on in.

2. The Goodes trade nets me a tidy &#36;70K which means if (or more likely the way this season has been going, when) I cop another injury I have the flexibility to get pretty much whoever I want.

Goodes also spent good time in the midfield on the weekend. And if it saves you a trade, all the better.

15. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Thanks turbo. It's only Tuesday, so things can change very quickly by Friday, lol. But I think I go Goodes and save myself the trade. It will come in handy later. You also made a great point about opposition teams now likely going out to stop him.

16. malbi

malbi Member

For me I'm trading Treloar to Goodes and Shiel to Judd for the meager price of &#36;198,200 in total. Who would have thought that possible over the past decade? I think both champions are coming back into their elite form just at the right time.

17. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Whoops, posted this in the wrong thread:

On the obverse in the Pav vs Goodes debate, Freo's run home:
    MELBOURNE
    GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
    PORT ADELAIDE
    WEST COAST EAGLES
    ADELAIDE
    RICHMOND
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    MELBOURNE

(4 games at home)

Swans:

WEST COAST EAGLES
    ST KILDA
    GOLD COAST
    CARLTON
    COLLINGWOOD
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    HAWTHORN
    GEELONG CATS

(3 at home)

18. turbo

turbo New Member

@Astro - Thanks for that. I took the run home of the 2 teams into account in my decision making but in the end didn't place too much weight on it as the champs seem to have the capacity to score well against any opposition (and perversely often score better against the good teams where they step up!)

What was more important to me was how each team is travelling, and Swans are clearly a superior team.

19. don

don New Member

Three reasons why I'd choose Goodes over Pav:

1) He's a better player and always scores well in the second half of the season
    2) He's &#36;96k cheaper
    3) Ross Lyon isn't his coach

To be honest it seems a pretty clear choice, but then again I traded out Scotland for Newman a few weeks back so if I was you I wouldn't listen to me.

20. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Any love for Jordan Lewis? Similar average, draw and price to Goodesy