how many trades left???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by patash, Jun 25, 2012.

1. discodags

discodags New Member

7 trades left,franklin to goodes,ellis to carrazo,and the other will be used for injuries..

2. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

5 left......though I've got Goddard, Pendlebury and Martin all on the bench and Franklin now added to that list. Hopefully Pendlebury comes back in this week.

I'm thinking about bringing Pavlich into my forwards this week, though it means I will need 1 downgrade and I'll be left with 3 after this round, and I'd have to sit on those for until finals.

3. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

6 Left and could go down to 5 if Hargrave isn't named so Rance will step into my team.

4. 30BucketsofRo

30BucketsofRo New Member

3 left. Traded pretty hard over the byes to get in as many premiums as possible - managed that. Managed to move up from 28k to 5k during the byes, but slipped back to 8k during the last two rounds. Still need to make 1 more forward upgrade - Taylor Adams or Dickson to a premium. Having premiums on the bench has really hurt me for the past 2 weeks - Pendles, Goddard and Tex - and now, with Waters and Buddy out for at least 3 weeks. Going to sit tight for now, might make just 1 trade during the next 3-4 rounds. I'm comfortably in finals (4th, 1st, 2nd, 1st) for 4 leagues, and just need 2 more wins from an easy run to secure a place in finals for the fifth league (6th). Hoping for a bit of luck with injuries, suspensions and selections come finals time, just like everyone else lol.

5. turbo

turbo New Member

I reckon how many trades you should have come the back end of the season in part depends on the strategy you are pursuing - overall or leagues.

The best strategy for leagues is to apply an even tempo to your trading and do just enough to ideally finish in the top 4, keep as many trades as possible up your sleeve, and then upgrade bang, bang, bang into in-form premiums come finals time with a few spare to cover injuries.

This strategy, however, is no good for overall where you need to trade aggressively to maximise points over the year.

I've become stuck in the halfway house this year as I was in the hunt for overall early on but then got decimated by injuries (I've copped nearly every bullet going around this year). This has consigned me to leagues only but because of my early pursuit of overall I only have 3 trades left, and one of those will be Zaha > Goodes this week - not ideal!

6. gish

gish New Member

2 trades left (don't ask!). It's the first year I have had a reasonable trade plan and been conservative but injuries to premiums has certainly taken its toll on my team.

Going all out now with nothing to lose so will trade Tex to Goodes this week, leaving one trade!!

7. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Dud post, but I have 5 left, 400k - the money will be gone by the time the next round starts. ;)

8. JacobInvincible

JacobInvincible New Member

Sitting pretty with 11 trades and $350k
    Averaging 2051 and 15420 overall
    Defence: Hurn, Goddard, Adcock, Birchall, Lake, Mohr, S.Shaw, Clarke, Morris
    Mid: Swan, J.Selwood, Judd, Priddis, Dal Santo, Shiel, J.McCarthy, Horsley
    Ruck: Maric, Kreuzer, Giles, Campbell
    Forward: Franklin, Pavlich, Dangerfield, S.Johnson, J.Riewoldt, Porplyzia, SB Reid, Zorko, Pfeiffer

Midfield looking great, backline and forwards needs a couple more upgrades each
    Might trade down a couple and make a bit more cash for ruck as well

9. donatello

donatello New Member

Jacob, don't hang on to too many trades, you should be picking up the bargains as they come up to finish or at least strengthen your team.
    I'd burn a few (at least 4, maybe 5) before finals, check out best buys, you need premiums on every line, if you can use 4 trades to upgrade 3 players you'd still have 7, which is good for finals time (can only use a max of 8 anyway)
    I'd trade out one of your mids (Shiel, J.McCarthy or Horsley), move Zorko to mids and bring in another prem fwd to start with (Goodes is cheap as chips?)