Brent Bloody Stanton

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Ratmata, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

Did anyone else trade him in when he was killing it?

What to do with him now, his price will be too low for a decent swap out soon.

Is anyone else thinking of moving him on? Goodes maybe?

2. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Yes I traded him in just before he played GWS. It was out of him and Pendlebury. I probably made the right decision out of the two because I probably would of kept Pendlebury. If you have plenty of trades left probably trade him.

3. Manikato1

Manikato1 New Member

He is just returning to his true form. Still if you had him from the start you got a great run out of him. I couldn't bring myself to have him either from the start or even when he started punching out the big scores. Would have traded him as soon as he started putting in the dud scores which would have been rounds 10/11.

4. DC

DC Member

Between the two Essendon boys it was always going to be Watson over Stanton in Supercoach.

5. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

thats right DC, and with stanton a lot of his uncontested/junk possessions dont really chalk up the points in SC like they do in DT. Also think hes a lot more taggable than watson imho.

Ratmata if you're flush with trades and hes annoying you then it might be worthwhile to flick him, but have you got that luxury? For me personally ive had so many LTI's this year that guys like broughton have to stay for me purely because they are playing, albeit stinking

6. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

Still got 7 with only 2 upgrades to go. Stanton would make it 3.

7. obleex

obleex New Member

2012's Jude Bolton

8. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Note to self, and All: Remember Brent Stanton, remember what he does, remember how he fools, remember how he fails, remember how he always sets himself up for greatness and then pisses on his own underwear;
    remember that even as a non-bomber fan I believed and then I cried; he will always be a dismal story for rainy days, imagine what it's like for him to look in his own mirror...

(actually he's not THAT bad, but noone smart fell for that crap he ran in the first 6wks ahahahaha)

9. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Reckon JPK has been doing just as badly as Stanton recently.

10. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

<blockquote>Quote from GaryReal on July 11, 2012, 21:05
    Note to self, and All: Remember Brent Stanton, remember what he does, remember how he fools, remember how he fails, remember how he always sets himself up for greatness and then pisses on his own underwear;
    remember that even as a non-bomber fan I believed and then I cried; he will always be a dismal story for rainy days, imagine what it's like for him to look in his own mirror...

(actually he's not THAT bad, but noone smart fell for that crap he ran in the first 6wks ahahahaha)</blockquote>

Further more.

There is only 1 GAJ and 1 Dane Swan.

I thought we may have a new king this year or at least a few contenders.

11. turbo

turbo New Member

Classic example of regression to the mean.

There are plenty of examples of this principle every year (notably Bolton last year). The trick is to use it to your advantage to pick up fallen premiums and stay the hell away from players like Stanton.

12. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

This makes me happy. When Stanton was firing, I had an option of bringing in Stanton or Watson. I went Watson because I had faith in him and was cheaper. Though I won't lie, I did start to think on whether I made the correct decision. I'm glad I did, I wasn't sure Stanton would keep up like a true premium.

13. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

Now I hate him.

I will follow the Bombers supporters and Boo him for the rest of his games.

14. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Depends when you picked him up and how much &#36;&#36; he cost you as to whether he has been a bust or not. He rarely misses a game and is averaging around 114 over the year to date. Am sure Essendon would be very pleased with his output so far this year.
    Now those people who picked up Dal Santo at the start of the year at close to &#36;650,000....well that is another story.

15. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

Yep traded him in for murphy before gws worst trade I have ever done in supercoach. Never trade in someone at their peak I am swapping him for murphy this week.

16. malbi

malbi Member

I traded him at the same time too. I am one trade short of getting rid of him. Although I am tempted to get rid of him anyway and not fully upgrade elsewhere.

17. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Stanton was always a flash in the pan. No class compared with Jobe.

18. jesters

jesters New Member

Genius move of the season. Had the option of trading out stanton for ablett, chose to trade out boyd instead.

19. jesters

jesters New Member

This was 3 weeks ago btw

20. grav

grav Guest

After tonight's 56 SC performance he is a dead man walking.
    If I had trades to burn I would have culled him weeks ago.
    I'll now have to settle for limping into the finals with his curse around my neck.

NEVER AGAIN!!