Changing Role- Is Broughton worth the worries

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TigersTooTough, Jul 3, 2012.

1. obleex

obleex New Member

Never again...

2. Manikato1

Manikato1 New Member

And speaking of Ross Lying and changing of roles no surprise when Sandi comes back if he is used in a different ruck role or gets less time. Jonathon Griffin is more agile, gets around the ground more, tackles more, takes more marks and most important he taps to Freo players advantage. Unlike Sandi who opposition players seem to read in advance and steal the tap outs. Mundy could also move into a different role and spend less time in midfield. Never know what Lying is thinking.

3. 30BucketsofRo

30BucketsofRo New Member

Starting with Broughton was the biggest mistake of my season. Then, I traded him out in Rd 4 for Carrazzo. His D3

4. 30BucketsofRo

30BucketsofRo New Member

Starting with Broughton was the biggest mistake of my season. Then, I traded him out in Rd 4 for Carrazzo. His D3 position has haunted my team ever since. Carrazzo got injured for 3, Broughton went on to score 110. Brought in Duffield, big mistake. In fact, I have to say most Fremantle players with the exception of Pav and Johnson have been bad selections. Barlow, Spurr, Crozier, Duffield, Broughton and Sandi - pretty big flops this year.

5. donatello

donatello New Member

I only traded in broughton a few weeks ago because most of the top teams in my cash league had him. Not sure how many bourbons I had hat night, must have been a few.

6. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

That's it. I have had it with Ross Lyon and Broughton. I don't care if it takes me down to 3 trades....Broughton is GGGGOOOOOOOONNNNNE!!!!! Subbed out in 3rd quarter because of one mistake. It's not his fault the team is losing to Melbourne

7. WindyHillWizard

WindyHillWizard New Member

The best thing Ross should do is trade Broughton to another club. He is ruining the blokes career. Re SC I will not be picking another Freo player with Ross coaching.

8. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Not going near any freo player in the future with the cretin ross lyon as their coach. Sucks everyone in by playing him almost exclusively as a midfielder during the preseason yet come round 1 gives him anything but an onball role culminating in the recent defensive forward roles which kills any potential in decent scoring. F#@$ you lyon and fremantle.

9. homerj

homerj Member

I had Broughton at start of yr, traded before rd 3, was a bit nervous after when he started getting good scores (mainly due to demise of Fyfe and Broughts going into mid). But now I'm glad I trusted my gut and kept him out of the team. However I bought in.... Johnson, who spudded it up today as well!

I agree AA, can't trust Lyin or Freo!! I also am gonna steer clear next year of the purple haze of crud, sure a lot of teams will be done next year without a purple guernsey in sight and we will all probably be better off for it!!

10. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Will you avoid Fyfe?

11. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

are you serious surely he wasnt subbed because of that stray handball in the 3rd quarter? he was just starting to get into the game after finally being moved into the midfield. Didnt watch any more of the game after that. if he did get subbed for that he'll probably get dropped this week anyway but even if he plays hes going to be moved to the bench would rather play morris or ellis over him, not his fault think hes a good player just getting stuffed around by a stupid role... very frustrating

12. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from SuperCoachSuperStar on July 14, 2012, 18:28
    Will you avoid Fyfe?</blockquote>
    Yep for sure, never have those shoulders in my team again. The only reason he made the cut this year was because Beams was injured at the start. Went Fyfe to Beams early on anyway.

13. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

<blockquote>Quote from Senator96 on July 14, 2012, 19:28
    are you serious surely he wasnt subbed because of that stray handball in the 3rd quarter? he was just starting to get into the game after finally being moved into the midfield. Didnt watch any more of the game after that. if he did get subbed for that he'll probably get dropped this week anyway but even if he plays hes going to be moved to the bench would rather play morris or ellis over him, not his fault think hes a good player just getting stuffed around by a stupid role... very frustrating </blockquote>

Yeah, he was subbed because he cost them a goal. He wasn't doing anything for them anyway. I agree that he will probably be dropped this week meaning he will also be dropped from my side...

14. Muppets

Muppets Member

For me it looks like Lake has moved up to D6 and Broughton, Sam Shaw and Spurr (should he hold his spot - you'd think cos he played well but who knows with Lyon) will be fighting it out for D7. It's gonna annoy me each week trying to pick the best scorer of the 3 and getting it wrong each time.

15. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Well going on that game i think spurr has gone ahead of broughton. Thank god for antoni grover! Re ross lyon, i was feeling the same way about him with pav early in the season. Lyon had him in the midfield alot, with fyfe, and his scoring was affected. Then a light bulb went off when he realised that there was no one to kick it to in the forward line, and pav is a great one on one player and beautiful set shot. Aside from the hawks game hes been good from then on

16. jb

jb New Member

Jeez the hate for Freo because of one player getting a job to do is pathetic.

17. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Fyfe will actually be an interesting one this season - will play round 18, drop to about &#36;450k, then on the field for the rest of the season one would imagine if Freo want to make the finals.

18. G-Train

G-Train Member

Broughton - never again.
    Was between you and Enright for that second Round 12 bye defender.

19. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

<blockquote>Quote from Astro39 on July 15, 2012, 22:35

Fyfe will actually be an interesting one this season - will play round 18, drop to about &#36;450k, then on the field for the rest of the season one would imagine if Freo want to make the finals. </blockquote>

Freo don't play Carlton either, so his dodgy shoulder should survive

20. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from TopHeavy on July 16, 2012, 10:44
    <blockquote>Quote from Astro39 on July 15, 2012, 22:35

Fyfe will actually be an interesting one this season - will play round 18, drop to about &#36;450k, then on the field for the rest of the season one would imagine if Freo want to make the finals. </blockquote>

Freo don't play Carlton either, so his dodgy shoulder should survive</blockquote>

:D :D