Couch, Baguley, Miles or .........?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Stevo, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Stevo

Stevo New Member

Looking to make a midfield downgrade and considering the abovementioned. Primarily I am interested in their job security but their SC scoring ability is also important, and DPP is a cosideration. Is Couch capable of scoring more? Are there other players on the horizon worth waiting for? All suggestions appreciated.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Miles will be a gun.

3. Beauy

Beauy New Member

Miles all the way, Clifton should be on the radar also, mature age and all.

4. The_General

The_General Member

Agree with Miles, but if you already have decent M7 coverage and then Baguley's d/m could be handy.

5. Stevo

Stevo New Member

Not sure what Miles injury was earlier in the year. Was it a knee? Is it going to be a problem for him in the remainder of the year?

6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Beauy on July 24, 2012, 09:15
    Miles all the way, Clifton should be on the radar also, mature age and all.</blockquote>

I agree clifton should be considered as a 4th option, the two dpp's will be hard to ignore though !!

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

TTH Clifton is also FM dpp.
    Therefore Clifton probably slightly edges Couch in ability, both much of a muchness.

On price though, the two rookies with DPP do seem to be not bad options.

I'm not sure, however, if Couch will play all the games from here on, and Baguley is probably in the side because of the Dons injuries, which may be solved come SC finals when you may need a backup player available.

GWS seem to be on a one-week on, one-week off rotation with half their players. Hard to get a read on them in selection. This would cast a bit of a shadow on Miles and Clifton, though Miles is not a bad risk to take given his current form. May get one rest between now and end of year, that's my projection regardless of form.

A roughie option could be Gumbleton who played better than 51 points. I'm considering trading Cloke for him, and think Collingwood should do the same.

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@stevo

Do you have Zorko? If you do and he's in your fwds, get either Clifton or Couch.

Lucas has summed up those two very well, in my situation I've simply gone Couch, that extra 40k could be useful (Clifton is 130k).

I'm downgrading Taylor Adams to Couch, keeps my link to Zorko in the fwds, so he can continue to be the ultimate swing man.

Or right now, a replacement for Choke. Sorry - Cloke

And @Lucas...we don't want Cloke thanks, he's all yours.

9. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Sorry I should have said that if you don't need the MPP link, Miles is definitely the best player out of those you mentioned.

Just an issue of how many games he plays.

10. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Clifton is a mid only. Hoping couch can keep his place as i had to bring him in the week he played his first game to prevent a donut and provide the cash for an upgrade that week. Havent seen either of his games but just going on the stats he didnt get a lot of the ball against port adelaide

11. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@senator96

Yep just realised that, thanks. On TS he is listed as fwd/mid!

12. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from H_Dons on July 24, 2012, 11:11
    @stevo

Or right now, a replacement for Choke. Sorry - Cloke</blockquote>

Would have been even funnier if his name was either Adam or Scott.

13. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Miles has sheedy rash and cannot be relied upon, despite his goods.
    To me, nows the time to make both mid bench players DPP. There can be no smarter move.
    Baguley looks very reliable, reminds me of Mercuri from the 2000s.
    Even if he misses a game or two you may have cover from the other lines.

Couch looks very (50pt) average to me, but as most of us shld have a couple trades left the other bench man shld be Nat fyfe once his price drops. this gives both mid line swingers and coverage for bad luck.
    Coverage is King at this time of year, methinks.

14. Spionkop

Spionkop New Member

@GaryReal...You read my mind, I just need Fyfe's price to drop to &#36;466,300 so I can upgrade Aaron Black (rookie SC mistake that one!!). Then I'll have both the M/F & D/F link with Baguley coming in this week for Old Mac.

15. Spionkop

Spionkop New Member

@GaryReal...You read my mind, I just need Fyfe's price to drop to &#36;466,300 so I can upgrade Aaron Black (rookie SC mistake that one!!). Then I'll have both the M/F & D/F link with Baguley coming in this week for Old Mac.

16. malbi

malbi Member

I brought in Baguley last week and will bring in Couch this week (whether he plays or not). Both players will come into the midfield giving me those all important DPP links. I now have 11 more players to swing through the midfield and a little more cash for final upgrades. I'm feeling just that bit more comfortable coming into finals time. The goal is to make my team as bullet proof as possible with injuries and the dreaded general always a possibility.