Last Man Standing Comp

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Steve, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I am seeking the advice of the punters out in the TS community.

I am in the Last Man Standing comp at Sportingbet, where you need to pick one team at the line to make it through to the next week. There is only 1170 people left in the comp to win the $50k first prize.

Looking at the lines this week, it is a very tough week. At the moment I have selected North +15.5 against West Coast. I am interested to see if anyone has any thoughts as to who I should pick? My other option is Essendon at -19.5. But will the Saints lift for Tiprat's 250th?

The lines are as follows:

Pies -28.5

West Coast -15.5

Rich -33.5

Crows -26.5

Ess -19.5

Swans -32.5

Hawks -92.5

Cats -58.5

Freo -31.5

Thanks for your help.

2. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I'd take the Dees +33.5 against the Tiges, with all the goings on at Richmond this week, and Melbourne on the slow improve.

But what do I know, I bombed out of this comp when the Lions smacked the dogs.

Interestingly, the Hawks have beaten the line in all there wins this year.

3. BillyBass

BillyBass New Member

I'd take the Pies at the line. Last week Carlton had a real crack and were down by 10 goals in the 3rd quarter. Can see a very similar thing happening tonight.

4. Fazz

Fazz New Member

As a Blues man it hurts to say it but I'd narrow it down to either the Pies or maybe Cats, it is a tough week so good luck

5. Steve

Once again I am going to throw this out to the punters in the TS Community.

I am down to the last 157 in the Last Man Standing Comp on Sportingbet. First prize is $50k

This week I am torn on a number of games and I want to see what other people think.

The lines are as follows:

Hawks -30.5

Cats -6.5

North -41.5

Swans -50.5

Rich -7.5

Freo -10.5

Saints -35.5

West Coast -35.5

At the moment I am leading towards North at -41.5. Playing at the Dome which the Dees don't like. The Dees are coming back from Darwin. North need to win big to gain percentage. But will the Dees lift for Green's 250th?

Any thoughts as to which game I should pick?

6. NC1975

NC1975 New Member

Check out Wolfie's Wagers tomorrow www.aflaftermath.com.au

The Cats are a solid bet.

7. Fazz

Fazz New Member

Nice work on getting this far Steve, are the Pies v GWS not an option this week? If not I'd probably narrow it down to North or the Hawks, with probably North in front. And your right they play the dome very well, the Demons are no good & they have to recover from playing in the Darwin humidity. But trust your judgement mate, your the one who's made it this far & most importantly, good luck

8. Fazz

Fazz New Member

How did you go Steve?

9. Steve

I got through, I picked North at -41.5. It got a bit too close for my liking at the end but North was always in control.

Only 12 people got knocked out this week as most of the heavily favoured teams won this round. There is 145 people left in the comp now.

10. Fez

Fez Moderator

Great stuff mate, keep us posted with your bets for the rest of the season

What happens if u make it to the end but there's still 50 players left?? The prize is split ??

11. Steve

If there is still more than one person at the end of the minor round, it will then go into the finals.

If there is still more than one person at the end of the grand final, the prize money will be split by the number of people left in the comp.

I was thinking to myself the other day if I had done a $100 all up since the line selections started in round 13, I would have won $4,700 by now just by picking one team at the line each round. I might try that next year.

12. KissKiss

KissKiss New Member

Should almost turn this into an article for the main page Steve. Its nice watching along

13. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

You're going very well mate. If you get to the last few rounds it will be main thread worthy.

14. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Keep it up Steve - after finally getting to meet you in person on Sunday I couldn't think of a nicer, more worthy bloke to win the comp :)

Will be cheering you on mate

15. Steve

Lol Bear - you have obviously not seen my true colours then!!! It was good to catch up with you on Sunday as well.

Onto this week, the lines have just come out. They are as follows:

Hawks -26.5
    North -48.5
    Port -50.5
    Eagles -18.5
    Rich -7.5
    Pies -18.5
    Dees -20.5
    Swans -18.5
    Adel -37.5

Nothing immediately stands out to me although I can't see Port beating GWS by more than 50 pts at Skoda. I know GWS are getting belted each week but anyone who saw Port play last week would know that we are a rabble.

Apart from that, maybe the Eagles at -18.5 in the Derby although they will be missing a few players this week. I don't rate Freo at all, any decent team would have beaten Port by 15 goals last week.

Maybe the Hawks??? Corey is out and most likely Stevie J will be a no show as well.

Any thoughts out there in the TS community?

16. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Richmond/Lions looks the danger game.

17. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Blues and Swans have had a lot of close games in the last few years, with one blowout where the blues won in the rain in Sydney last year. -18.5 is a nice margin.

18. Fez

Fez Moderator

I'd b on the crows at that line against a poor traveling injury riddled bombers

19. Steve

I have locked in GWS at +50.5 but I can always change it until lockout on Friday night.

I just can't see how Port will win by more than 8 goals based on the rubbish they served up last week. We struggled against Melbourne the week before and I am sure Chad and Brogan will be fired up to play against their old team. Plus it is Sheedy's 1000th game of playing and coaching, not that it makes any impact on the game.

20. Fazz

Fazz New Member

It looks a pretty tough week, the Hawks have been winning by big margins. Even when you take out the GWS game the average winning margin is still 10 goals. North would be the other game to consider