Zorko v Fyfe

Discussion in 'AFL' started by hodgey, Jul 31, 2012.

1. hodgey

hodgey New Member

Anyone going to make this trade this week? Is it worth the trade or too much of a sideways trade?

You do get some cash back as well.

2. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

why would you get rid of zorko when he's scoring so well?

3. hodgey

hodgey New Member

1.) It's Fyfe.
    2.) Zorko's a first year player and his average is now very close to his break even. Will he hit the rookie wall come finals time?
    3.) Fyfe has now bottomed out and *should* start to rise from next week.

But yes, I do get that Zorko is still scoring well but at half time he was on 19 DT(not sure abt half time SC score)

It's a risky move but these are the ones that can make or break seasons!

4. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Do you have enough Trades and/or cash to get Fyfe and keep Zorko the Magnificent?

5. grav

grav Guest

I would keep Zorko, if I had him.

I'm thinking of bringing in Fyfe, Stanton has well and truly burnt me and has got to go!

6. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

LOL! Sorry, I must have mis-understood your question.

Looking at mids to replace Stanton and depending on cash in hand, Murphy has to be up there as he is still less than $500k. If you were considering Zorko, that implies you have enough dough to consider Murphy....... :)

YMMV, my 2 cents etc

7. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

Keep Zorko, but you made me think Dale Thomas for Fyfe? Any thoughts? Also thinking T Adams for a D/ M like Baguley or Docherty or L Brown.

8. Stampede

Stampede Member

<blockquote>Quote from hodgey on July 30, 2012, 16:30
    1.) It's Fyfe.
    2.) Zorko's a first year player and his average is now very close to his break even. Will he hit the rookie wall come finals time?
    3.) Fyfe has now bottomed out and *should* start to rise from next week.

But yes, I do get that Zorko is still scoring well but at half time he was on 19 DT(not sure abt half time SC score)

It's a risky move but these are the ones that can make or break seasons!

</blockquote>

With all due respect I reckon if you're thinking of this move you must have an awesome team if there isn't somewhere else you'd prefer to use the trade at this stage of the year. Maybe you do! And yes it could make you some points but in my opinion the odds say you could use the trade much better as a sideways if one of your guns goes down next week.

In response to your points:
    1) Yes it's Fyfe but Fyfe's best yearly average is 108 and Zorko is currently averaging 107 if you take out his first sub-affected score, which would make him the sixth best forward.
    2) I'd agree that comparing average to breakeven is normally a reasonable thing to do, but only if you're talking about a cash cow, not when someone's scoring like a premium. Eg, Ablett's average would have been lower than his breakeven on about half of the weeks this year, but you wouldn't trade him.
    3) Fyfe's projected price rise shouldn't really be a factor as you're not going to use him as a cash cow. I agree if you're going to get him it'd be good to get him when he's cheap, but how about getting him as your M7/F8 if you really want him?

All in all, I'd be surprised if you couldn't use this trade better somehow. And remember that Fyfe's shoulder is coming out about every 5-6 games...

9. bonesy

bonesy Member

crazy trading out Zorko imo. take out his first game where he came on late as the sub, and he's averaging 107.
    1 point short of what Fyfe averaged last year, and has only missed a ton 3 times, one of those being 99.

That puts him in the top 7 forwards, and he's a mature age recruit whose body should hold up alright.

10. DC

DC Member

Joke right? Zorko is a keeper!

11. hodgey

hodgey New Member

Haha ok thanks guys, the general consenus is hold Zorko and that's what I'll do. I'm ranked 1500 overall therabouts but I wouldn't say I have an awesome team with still having to upgrade Giles or treloar to have a full premium team(although does Lake count as a premium? lol).

It's prob more a fyfe manlove thing, but I cant promise I'll hold if Zorko flops this week.