Primus & Boak

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Ratmata, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

So if Primus goes do you think Boak may follow?

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Primus might be a part of the Boak problem. So it might go the other way.

3. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

From what I have seen on Twitter, Boak has got his manager discussing a new contract with Port and has been for the last couple of weeks ever since he decided he wants to stay!!!

4. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/143674/default.aspx

Here we go.

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Primus has accepted the unanimous decision and has chosen not to coach out the remainder of the 2012 season. The club’s longest serving assistant coach Garry Hocking will serve as caretaker coach.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/article_pafc-matthew-primus-statement_113387

6. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Two big questions now-

Who do we think will replace Primus, and what's a-do about Boak.

What do we think about Burns to a head coaching role? Certainly comes from a great pedigree of winning teams and successful strategy.

As for Boak, would love to see him at the Bombers, but with our #1 pick destined for Daniher, I can't see us having enough to offer. Reckon Port would go for Gumbleton? :p

7. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Number one target for Port is Mark Harvey. He did a good job at Freo turning the list over and was cruelled by injuires last year. We need someeone to turn the list over. Someone who is ruthless and will not put with the crap from the players.

Number 2 option = Scott Burns but providing Phil Walsh comes with him

Walesy - no thanks to Gumbleton.

I can also tell people that Chaplin is going to Richmond. He has been telling people that he is leaving and his family is very good friends with Brendan Lade's family.

With this mind I propose a trade of Chaplin for Cotchin. Seems a fair swap to me but we will also throw in Westhoff for free.

8. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Well, now that it is official those punters who astutely invested their hard earned $$$'s on Primus being the first coach sacked in 2012 can line up and collect $$$KACHING$$$ my account grows again :mrgreen:

Having read the official email sent to club members this morning ahead of the press conference, it appears that Saturday's result was just the final nail in the coffin for Primus following an independent review of the club's football department & administration (personally I think Primus walking out of the coaches box before the game finished hastened the board's decision to inform him they will not activate the 3rd year option on his contract).

With the club publicly coming out today stating it has been undertaking this review, even though they have kept it private & won't release any info at present, expect to see more people within the football department and administration (read board) to be moved on at the end of the year as stated by Steve in chat yesterday - president Brett Duncanson is already one confirmed casualty although to be fair to him he has been a loyal servant to the club for many years and has presided over the club through a very difficult period and was a key driver behind the One Club reunification and the impending move to Adelaide Oval.

Now the speculation begins with who will coach Port moving forward, as it will also with Boak and Chaplin!!!

Scott Burns is reported to be one of the main targets, but will the club take the risk again on appointing a first year coach (although Burns does have the right credentials from an assistant coaching aspect), or will they move heaven & earth (and offer a mountain of $$$'s) to an experienced coach to take charge???
    Maybe they'll go for the option of bringing Jack Cahill & Graham Cornes out in wheelchairs!!! :mrgreen:

Whoever gets the job, they have a tough task to weed out the :spud:'s from the playing list, work their arses off to attract free agents &/or trade for some experienced players, and get the rabble currently representing Port to dramatically improve their skills - this is a club that cannot afford to continually spin out the lines that Primus has been spouting this year - yes, some players have improved (a bit), but not by as much as they need to!!!

Many more hard calls will be made over the coming months!!!

9. hplate

hplate New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Steve on August 6, 2012, 11:53

With this mind I propose a trade of Chaplin for Cotchin. Seems a fair swap to me but we will also throw in Westhoff for free.

</blockquote>

Tigers fans are going to love that one.