Roughead not playing?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by H_Dons, Aug 11, 2012.

1. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Once again, a rubbish claim from the Herald Sun I think?

As soon as I read something along the lines of 'he will be rested at some point' I knew they were just talking rubbish, he could rest this week, he could rest against Gold Coast.

UNLESS...

Anybody with some other info on Roughy? Would also like to know thoughts as to whether he may be rested or not.

Inside info would be fantastic!

2. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Yeah im not too sure hdons im interested to know as well as my oppenent (and arch rival) has him and im pretty sure he'll be munching a donut if roughy doesnt play. On the supercoach show last night steven greene seemed to hint that he wouldnt be playing and last week he also said that franklin wouldnt play against port which was then the following week. He used to play for the hawks so not sure if has any inside knowledge...on the flip side of that arguement he does talk a lot of bollocks!

3. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Remember Hale was a late out a few weeks ago, so it would not surprise if they rest Roughy this week. Seem to be cycling through their rests for their big men ahead of the finals.

4. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I'm in the same situation, Roughy out would mean that I don't need to trade Chapman and I can just coast to the prelims.

I know the logical move is to burn 2 trades and get Beams, but Chappy might only miss a week then continue onto his 100+ scoring ways, leaving me with two trades remaining, and risky players such as Ryder, Dempsey, Lake, Cloke, Rioli in my team.

SC - A game of inches!!

5. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Good call Astro, and the inclusion of Bailey this week further supports the possibility its Roughy's turn for a rest.

I think I'm leaning towards saving my trades, lucky enough to have the double chance anyway.

6. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Steven Greene and that dork compere from Supercoach show are all-time nerds
    believe them like you believe MX magazine.

Orren a good cover, regardless...

7. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

^ ^ think Roughy will be rested before the finals, if not this week than next against the Suns - that seems more likely if Franklin comes back in.

8. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Looks like our questions have been answered, roughhead has been withdrawn from the hawks team

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorns-jarryd-roughead-to-miss-clash-against-port-adelaide/story-e6frecjc-1226448122560

9. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Gary Real concedes he was wrong and that Steve Greene has his finger on the pulse,
    despite being a nerd :)

10. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

My SC prayers have been answered! Thanks for the input everyone.

So glad I didn't trade Chappy now, I'm on even terms in my final.

Well...I would be if Waters didn't score 50.

11. Runci

Runci Moderator

Roughy is my R2. I'm pretty happy he's out in a wk where the Big O is covering...and scoring 93.

12. Muppets

Muppets Member

Glad I listened to the rumours as I'd traded Roughy in for Buddy yesterday morning. Seems it wasn't necessary as my replacement if I didn't trade, D. Smith, scored 107.