The Rioli Dilemma - Advice needed

Discussion in 'AFL' started by spoon, Aug 14, 2012.

1. spoon

spoon New Member

Cyril Rioli out for 2-3 weeks. Here is my dilemma:

Have 1 trade left, have gotten into the prelim in all supercoach leagues. Do I burn my final trade next week? Can afford any premium.

Forward Line as follows:

Dangerfield, Beams, Buddy, Sidebottom, RIOLI, Martin, Treloar Bench: Michael Johnson, Saad

I also have a link, in the midfield a guy by the name of Zorko.

Do I burn my final trade and get rid of Rioli, or do I save my trade for other upgrade or trades?

2-3 weeks is an awkward injury layoff as it either coincides with Super Coach Finals (assuming I get there), or out for the remainder of the super coach season!!!

2. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

If you're in all you prelims, hold fire this week, and make a trade next week if you need to. It would suck to swap Rioli for Pav (for example) only to have Pav get injured this weekend, putting you one player down next week but with no trades to fix it.

3. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

If you can afford anyone then definetly dont trade this week, wait until the prelim finals teams come out and make your decision then. you might be able to cover rioli with someone else and need to use the trade on another line to prevent a donut, or he could even make a rapid recovery who knows? its happened before this year.

4. spoon

spoon New Member

Thanks Senator 96. Fingers crossed "he could make a rapid recovery"

5. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Yep, definitely wait a week spoon because you have a week off yourself.

I have a week off in 3 of my leagues, but face a semi in my TS league.

If Buddy and Chapman are both named this week (have both), could I hold onto Rioli?

If one of Buddy or Chapman are not named, I'll obviously have to make a trade...most likely downgrade a rookie so I can trade Rioli for Beams. Wish I had chosen him over Sidey a few months ago.