ORFFA Results, Ladder & Upcoming Fixture

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by bama, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I think Bandit has forgotten we are first past the post this year due to the missing weeks :)

2. graeme

graeme Guest

that's what I figured Len, but so much slips by me these days I thought I would check! :eek:

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

There has been no slinking off the Tucker Box, we just saw a car so chased after it, who knew it was headed to the ORFFA Finals (thanks to your % boosting as well).

the presumed better animal / player gives away an advantage rather than receiving it.

Not certain if I qualify as an animal or a player, but it does demonstrate that quoting out of context can considerably alter the colour of things.

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from chels on August 16, 2012, 12:47
    Many thanks bama - very much appreciated work to update.

If the Gariwerd boys get in on Friday night you are cordially invited to the Chelsea Rolfey lookalike competition at the Bulls Tavern.

A couple of 4*4s (cleaned and with warrants of fitness) will be available to chauffeur you there from the accomodation at the stunning Wharekauhau Lodge (wharekauhau.co.nz). Wharekauhau and Schubert Wines are new sponsors who we are delighted to welcome into the Waikik family. If you are into pinot have a look at (schubert.co.nz/main.html). The owners / winemakers are a delightful couple; both of whom are German Oenology graduates.

Mitch is organising a pig hunt on Monday morning which should enable you to clear the cobwebs from the three nights of revelry we have planned. :cool:

P.S. Apologies for the blatant advertising Walesy but the Lodge and Schubert Wine are special. How nice to be able to tell your partner you were looking for a location for a weekend away when she probably thought you were feeding your footy habit.</blockquote>

All looks awesome Chels. We've been looking forward to this trip all season :)

5. Len

Kew, Birdsville and Mawson all no shows this week.

6. J_C

J_C Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Lenh191 on August 17, 2012, 22:12
    Kew, Birdsville and Mawson all no shows this week.</blockquote>

My apologies to the boys from Iron Knob for Birdsville failing to field a team this week.

But now, since this complete and utter sh#t of a day is finally approaching its conclusion, I'm going to get hammered!

7. Len

<blockquote>Quote from Jolcon on August 17, 2012, 22:50
    <blockquote>Quote from Lenh191 on August 17, 2012, 22:12
    Kew, Birdsville and Mawson all no shows this week.</blockquote>

My apologies to the boys from Iron Knob for Birdsville failing to field a team this week.

But now, since this complete and utter sh#t of a day is finally approaching its conclusion, I'm going to get hammered!

</blockquote>
    I spy an honorary Misfit :)

8. snoz

snoz Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from chels on August 17, 2012, 05:45
    RE the glorious EXPATS stuffing the plats and then being taken out by an ill conceived "handicap", yep it still smarts and annoys. You make a good point sNoZ (TiB might say "for once"); in sport as divergent as horse racing and golf the presumed better animal / player gives away an advantage rather than receiving it. Can only assume that "man for man" we were seen as superior to last year's performers.

We should not let this go - I plan to insert the EXPAT scores and commentary into the semi-final thread. :D </blockquote>

Love it Sir Sheep.....keep insertin the Expats scores into their foul system, lets see if we can win it all sans handicap :)

9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

On ya Battlers!

10. ORFFA_Admin

ORFFA_Admin New Member

Xeno should at least be telling us when he can't do somthing. Maybe time to give it to someone else, doubt someone is willing to take it on though! Doubt he wants it still though. Lol

Edit

From Fity, bloody have the admin password remembered! My bad!

11. Len

On ya Fitzy
    And with ya

There could be an excellent reason for X's regular and now continual absence but non of us know it.
    Given this and the fact that most if not all of the remaining 17 want to keep this thing on track we need to act, not wait.

This season is running out, but that's when the calls need to be made and the setup is important so we can use it as a delicious distraction during summer and then be ready to ramp up next year from the first bounce.

Bama has done a great job getting stats up for us the last few eeks, but we really are lacking the ongoing commentary that Previews & Reviews give.

I think it is time for a palace coup, and have someone willing to take on the role and responsibility immediately. When Xeno returns we should look at having a 3 man commission so this doesn't happen again, lets face it we all have lives and some things are just more important than others.

I propose Terry takes over for now though, he has the time and the capacity.

I strongly recommend the creation of a triparty commission (3 means no locked votes) asap.

/2c

12. graeme

graeme Guest

@ SnoooZe, might not put the EXPTS RELOADED scores up after all as early indications suggest we would have lost the semi-final on gross let alone nett. A tactical withdrawal seems to make sense in the, mmmm, circumstances.

Question for all: What is the real meaning of L, allegedly Lance, as in Franklin?

All answers will be reviewed.

13. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lenh191 on August 17, 2012, 18:49
    I think Bandit has forgotten we are first past the post this year due to the missing weeks :)</blockquote>

Alcohol induced memory lapse lads... move on, nothing to see (back to Red Bull now)

14. bama

bama Active Member

Round 15 Chelsea Roffey Appreciation Round Results
    # Home Away
    1144 Marble Bar Def By Foul Bay 1556

1129.5 Venus Bay Def By Gundagai 1211

0 Far Kew Def By Cradle Mountain 1207

1115 Powlett Plains Def Mawson Base 0

1413 Darraweit Guim Def Charlies Opening 1191

1090 Whitsundays Def By Mount Beauty 1167

0 Birdsville Def By Iron Knob 1386

1115 Waikickamoocow Def By Gariwerd 1153

1259 Namatjira Def Nunnawading 1130

Round 15 Ladder

Foul Bay 60 19994

Iron Knob 52 18544

Darraweit Guim 40 17745

Charlie's Opening 40 16866

Mawson Base 40 15688

Mount Beauty 36 17205

Gundagai 36 16990

Cradle Mountain 32 17245

Birdsville 32 15705

Venus Bay 28 15554.5

Far Kew 28 13773

Gariwerd 24 16621.5

Waikikamoocow 20 15957

Powlett Plains 20 15484

Marble Bar 16 15843

Namitjara 16 14212

Whitsundays 12 13992.5

Nunawading 8 13413.5

Round 16
    # Home Away
    1 Gariwerd v Marble Bar
    2 Namatjira v Birdsville
    3 Nunnawading v Whitsundays
    4 Darraweit Guim v Waikickamoocow
    5 Iron Knob v Powlett Plains
    6 Mount Beauty v Far Kew
    7 Charlies Opening v Venus Bay
    8 Mawson Base v Foul Bay
    9 Cradle Mountain v Gundagai

15. graeme

graeme Guest

a fine effort getting scores and results up some rapidly Len. I am feeling some enthusiasm returning. Sadly the Mitch's are not performing (or in Sam's case pig hunting rather than playing); a bit like their coach it must be said. Well done to the Gariwerds - apologies for the sniggering when some of your younger players turned up for the pig hunting in winklepickers.

Chelsea was appreciated by the Waikiks - if the winner of the Bulls Tavern Chelsea look a like comp is as conversant with afl rules as she was with local pinot noir and a certain Waikik half forward, be aware there may be a Fine Cotton style ringer in a game next year.

16. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Foul Bay seem uncatchable at the top! A few zeros creeping in weekly to the standings, people tuning out a bit as their SC seasons go up in smoke?

17. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Hope everyone keeps checking here when Trade season comes up, I will be definitly be a player! Tried to be mid season but not much help. Lol!

Lets fix the Xeno problem though, any ideas?

18. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

The weekly zeros are disappointing. Sure, you might not be able to live on TooSerious and participate in the friendly banter all the time (I know I am guilty of this at times), but surely you have 2 minutes in your week to field a team. The league will only succeed through the strength of its participants. I'm glad I haven't come up against a zero yet as it would cheapen things a bit. Just feels like some people may have entered into this for the novelty of it based around the success and excitement generated from the ORFFL without weighing up if they actually had the time to put in to it. Part of the reason the ORFFL is successful is that they seem to REALLY care.

Not sure if everyone in the ORFFA does. That's not a criticism (after all it is just a made up game). But the last few weeks don't necessarily bode well for the competitions longevity.

19. Len

<blockquote>Quote from Lenh191 on August 19, 2012, 20:57
    On ya Fitzy
    And with ya

There could be an excellent reason for X's regular and now continual absence but non of us know it.
    Given this and the fact that most if not all of the remaining 17 want to keep this thing on track we need to act, not wait.

This season is running out, but that's when the calls need to be made and the setup is important so we can use it as a delicious distraction during summer and then be ready to ramp up next year from the first bounce.

Bama has done a great job getting stats up for us the last few eeks, but we really are lacking the ongoing commentary that Previews & Reviews give.

I think it is time for a palace coup, and have someone willing to take on the role and responsibility immediately. When Xeno returns we should look at having a 3 man commission so this doesn't happen again, lets face it we all have lives and some things are just more important than others.

I propose Terry takes over for now though, he has the time and the capacity.

I strongly recommend the creation of a triparty commission (3 means no locked votes) asap.

/2c</blockquote>

this is my solution, suggest we see a raise of hands for Terry, or a decent alternative solution be offered.
    I agree with CR and momentum is everything, whilst we lost some it's pretty easy to get back if we act.

20. Len

And, lest we forget, ty again bama :)