who will be cheap next year?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by thegob, Aug 14, 2012.

1. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

<blockquote>Quote from Yamumluvsbigcox on August 21, 2012, 18:48
    Nope koby is an in and under player not so much outside mid maybe a team like essendon would use him for the grunt work inside so seagulls like Stanton could benifit . But with kobys injury history the weapon would ruin him too :) </blockquote>

Thanks for clearing that up. I reckon any player with an injury-prone past will want to avoid Essendon ;)

On a different note, I for one am eagerly waiting for the SuperCoach price lists to see how much Luke Ball will be valued at. I have a feeling that he may pull out a Lenny-esque year and be a POD. Not so sure how many will be taking a risk on him though....

2. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Can somebody tell me around what date/month the new price lists usually get released?

I'm assuming it's a long way away!

3. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

@H_Dons

19th of December last year I think.

4. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

@Tigers2012 you can do a rough calc by taking the average of the player and multiplying it by 5420 which was about this years magic number which is the dollar amount allocated for every point averaged this year . In the case of players who have not played a game because of injury eg lecras or varco they usually come with a 40&#37; discount from the previous years average . In the case of ball maybe get a 20&#37; discount

5. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

By my calc ball would be around 270000 . If you wanna find out these prices for next year walsey has them in right hand column of stats page

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Yamumluvsbigcox on August 21, 2012, 23:08
    @Tigers2012 you can do a rough calc by taking the average of the player and multiplying it by 5420 which was about this years magic number which is the dollar amount allocated for every point averaged this year . In the case of players who have not played a game because of injury eg lecras or varco they usually come with a 40&#37; discount from the previous years average . In the case of ball maybe get a 20&#37; discount </blockquote>

I have written articles about discounts on this site each of the past two years, just before the start of the season proper.

You can find them here:

http://tooserious.net/looking-for-sc-value-in-2012-discounts

and here:

http://tooserious.net/2010-injured-players

Discounting is arbitrary and at the discretion of CD. Can't assume anything really with respect to what will happen next year.

For the record, Hayes only got a 10&#37; discount this year.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Where on earth would Luke Ball fit into Pies side? With emergance of Beams, Sidebum and co this year?

8. Hamburglar

Hamburglar New Member

You'd think Ball would definitely be in their best 22. Still the No. 1 extractor down there.

Might mean a little more fwd time for Pendles, Swan, Sidey and Daisy though.

9. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from H_Dons on August 14, 2012, 17:32
    Okay everyone, did a quick list based on the next year's price in the stats column. Thanks stkildathunda for pointing that out to me.

*edited to the relevant bit

FWD'S
    Macaffer (150k)*
    Winderlich F/M (244k)*
    Kennedy (WCE) (292k)*
    Jurrah (159k)*
    Nicoski (243k)
    Krakouer (253k)
    LeCras (280k)
    Gray F/M (299k)*
    Varcoe F/M (233k)*
    Menzel (204k)*
    Fyfe F/M (411k)*
    Sylvia F/M (391k)
    </blockquote>

Not sure if Menzel is a lock given he has done 2 knees in 2 years.

10. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

But for the astute SCer looking for high risk/high reward, he could play out the season.

And average 80 in a Cats side playing the kids to rebuild on the run.

But yes, he could go down after his 2nd game...hope for his sake that the knees won't be problem anymore.

11. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

menzel is cool