Grand Final Upgrades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by DC, Aug 27, 2012.

1. DC

DC Member

Those of us fortunate enough to have some trades in the bank have a nice advantage this week... I am thinking of some mini upgrades.

Selwood->Swan
    McEvoy->Sandi

Swan will have 40+ touches against the Bombers and Sandi will have 40+ hitouts to advantage when Freo smash Melbourne this week.

Whats everyone else thinking?

2. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I envy you and your trades, but I also suggest you wait until thursday, there might be some forced trades.

But those two options are very good! Do you have any weaker starting players you could upgrade instead?

If I had my 2 trades from last week, I'd go Dempsey and Lake to some real premiums.

3. Dekka

Dekka Member

Frickin' Lake.

4. Stevo

Stevo New Member

Does anyone know why Lake was a late withdrawal on the weekend? Is he a likely starter this weekend?

5. G-Train

G-Train Member

Lake had foot and knee soreness, and the coach said he would likely play next week.

6. Alleiak

Alleiak New Member

Agree with H-dons good options if you don't have any weaker options to upgrade. No point having trades left

I've got 2 trades left and assuming no forced trades due to the general
    Trade #1 - Giles > Sandi - Not sure if it's an upgrade or downgrade
    leaves me with 150K in the bank

fwds Dangerfield, StevieJ, Buddy, Boomer, Sidebottom, Martin, Zorko bench Treloar & Cloke
    mids Ablett, pendles, priddis, watson, dal santo, rockliff, baguley and crozier

trade #2
    trelaor out (gives me a bank of 620K)
    tomlinson back --> Fwd (leaving cloke & tomlinson as bench)
    Baguley mid --> back (becomes baguley vs spur for last spot on field smedts other bench)

mid - cotchin, kennedy, swan in putting rockliff on the bench

Thoughts?

7. DC

DC Member

Weakest link on my field is Sam Shaw who is playing GC this week... no good backline players to upgrade too anyway.

Alleiak I would go for Swan who will go close to a record on possies this Saturday night.

8. bigbadbunks

bigbadbunks Member

Alleiak, you may not me able to move Tomlinson to the forward line, and then Baguely to the back line, and then make a trade, mightbe one move too many

9. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from bigbadbunks on August 28, 2012, 09:25
    Alleiak, you may not me able to move Tomlinson to the forward line, and then Baguely to the back line, and then make a trade, mightbe one move too many</blockquote>

exactly - however we should ALL be lobbying VS to add this feature in 2013 as the extra flexibility would be great to use !

10. bigbadbunks

bigbadbunks Member

I would prefer VS add the feature where you can have a mid/fwd who is stuck in the midfield to be able to be used an an emg for the forward line. Sure there may have been some Zorko tales out there this round

11. Alleiak

Alleiak New Member

Thanks BigBad, hadn't thought about that. time for a rethink
    TTH - I agree would be great to have the flexibility. Obviously with only 1 game left the MPP no longer matters so was just trying to get the best players in the best lines.