Last Man Standing Comp

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Steve, Jul 6, 2012.

1. jb

jb New Member

@Fez - howd that North line go? and Pies win? :)

2. graeme

graeme Guest

The Sunday games are all between teams that cannot make the finals. Will they tank for draft picks or rise to save their coach's job?

Richmond v. Port looks interesting. A win for the Tiges with Essendon and Carlton both losing (to Collingwood and St Kilda respectively) could see them up to 10th from 12th. Any idea what the line is there?

3. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

no lines out yet but the Tiges are $1.12 to win. Therefore I would expect the line to be around 35-40pts.

I should be able to get some unofficial lines later this arvo. I will post them when I get the chance.

4. Fez

Fez Moderator

JB, that's why I'm not in this and all my multis lost this week

5. Steve

Here are the unofficial lines for this weeks games

Hawks -25.5
    Cats -5.5
    Crows -56.5
    Roos -90.5
    Pies -36.5
    Freo -49.5
    Saints -7.5
    Tigers -39.5
    Lions -33.5

let me know what your thoughts are?

I can see a lot of last minute withdrawls this week if teams have nothing to play for which is going to impact on some of these games.

6. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

If Tigers can kick 24 behinds and still beat Essendon by 7 goals then the pies at -36.5 would be my pick.

7. Steve

Pies will have nothing to play for if West Coast beat the Hawks. They might rest some players.

8. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Mate : I like West Coast at -25.5, their intensity and pressure is awesome at present. Really good defensive set up most of whom seem to be playing near top of their game. Plus (again) its the first game so you get to sit back and hopefully watch the others topple.

9. jb

jb New Member

With ya Onion - the Toasters have hit form again, Hawks will struggle to win let alone the line.

I hope they win too bc even tho we are playin some good footy, dont really fancy a derby elim - then again the last derby was good :)

10. jibba

jibba Member

I'd be tipping Pies with that margin
    Essendon have nothing to play, and are just outright terrible.
    Pies have gotten pumped in the last two weeks, they'll played their best to swing momentum in their favour for the finals.

11. Steve

I selected Carlton on Wednesday before the news of Ratten's sacking. The line at time was +8.5 which I got, it is now gone down to +4.5.

If the Carlton players have any ticker at all they will want to send off Ratten on a good note. I will wait until the final Sunday teams are announced later today but that is what I am thinking of at the moment.

@ Jibba, you are right in saying Essendon having nothing to play for but the same can be said for Collingwood if West Coast win tonight. If that does happen, I would not be surprised if Collingwood rest a few players tomorrow night.

12. Muppets

Muppets Member

Pies or Freo for mine. I would expect Melbourne to get smashed by at least 10 goals.

13. KissKiss

KissKiss New Member

While I think that the Pies or Freo should smash their respective opponents I am wary of the fact that they will know what the other teams have done and what result they want before they take the field. There are chances of late changes or other manipulations that could affect the line. Really the last round of the year is a hard one to bet on.

Either way good luck Steve

14. Fez

Fez Moderator

Freo wil want to win by less then north so they finish 8th n play the eagles ( assuming WC finish 5th)

If I had to pick I'd take the eagles line but I've been wrong every week lol

15. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Good one on getting Blues at +8.5, that would've been my pick.
    I'd actually take Bris (just) at that line rather than the Pies but both would be a close second choice for me.

16. Steve

Here is what everyone has picked this round

3 people have picked Hawks at -25.5, 1 person has picked Eagles to get within 25.5 pts

2 people have picked Cats at -6.5

1 person has picked Crows at -65.5

1 person has picked North at -82.5

2 people have picked Pies at -34.5

1 person has picked Blues at +8.5 WHICH IS ME!!!!!!

2 people have picked Tigers at -42.5

17. Good luck Steve, here's hoping the Blues can get up and there are a few big upsets for you

18. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

So just to clear it up for me, do the blues have to win my more then 8.5 points? Or win by less then 8.5/lose?

19. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Following eagles / hawks live; 29 min mark last quarter and diff is 25 pts; down to the literal 1 pt wire for 4 players in this comp.

20. Steve

Blues can either win or get within 8pts of the Saints for me to get through

Good start to the round, 3 people knocked out already as the margin finished at 25 points and the line was 25.5pts.