2013 Planning

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Popey, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Popey

Popey Member

I know, call me crazy, but I want to get some ideas for SC in 2013. Just some small ideas that could give me something to work with. If I want to break the top 1,000 barrier I probably should've started working a while back! Then I promise I will shut up and keep to myself till the pre-season.

I am thinking of going more of a mid-price fixture, with players like Gaff and Hodge in my mid coupled with a couple of the big guns. What do we all think? Any suggestions would be handy? Also, an underpriced list for next year could be interesting.... Players that spring to mind include the Berger, Hodgey, Fyfe, even Luke Ball (bit of a long shot). Thanks

2. WindyHillWizard

WindyHillWizard New Member

Cool your heels sunshine and start your intensive research in Jan. I am about to have a SC slumber for about 4 months and hopefully come back refreshed for 2013. Zzzzzzzzzzzz

3. Popey

Popey Member

<blockquote>Quote from WindyHillWizard on September 6, 2012, 21:51
    Cool your heels sunshine and start your intensive research in Jan. I am about to have a SC slumber for about 4 months and hopefully come back refreshed for 2013. Zzzzzzzzzzzz
    </blockquote>
    OK, advice taken. Reality check in place. Might come back to the real world for a while u spose...

4. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

I'm assuming by real world, you mean non-Facebook/Twitter/online gaming activities? Many people seem incapable of human interaction these days. I agree with the sentiment, get out and enjoy life people. Do some weights, go for a run, play some footy or have a beer with mates.

5. Popey

Popey Member

Yeah mate, something like that. Although I am open to any suggestions to do with SC. But yeah, watch some cricket, go for a swim at the beach, get a tan, have a beer or 10 with a mate. Go camping. That kind of thing.

6. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

No point in doing anything until trade week and the drafts are done and teams are set for next year . For collingwood supporters this is a great opportunity to get your face tattoos finished brush you only tooth and get your centrelink forms sorted :)

7. Popey

Popey Member

Haha. You will be happy to know I have a full set of pearly white teeth and no tats of any sort. Although I am not doubting the fact that there are actually Collingwood supporters like that....

8. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

Yep the camera at footy always points out the stereotypical pies supporter ! Love it :)

9. Popey

Popey Member

Yep. Although if Chris Scott had anything to say...

10. Popey

Popey Member

Any truth to the thought that SC Gold subscribers this year get early access to SC in 2013? I think it's just a myth....

11. Popey

Popey Member

Alright. So I couldn't resist. I went on the Fanfooty Fanplanner and came up with this kick arse team. NOTES: Lids Mid only, Hodge Mid only, Fyfe Mid only, Gibbs Def/Mid.
    B: Gibbs, Birchall, Duffield, Grimes, Heppell, Bock, Docherty, (Schade, Pittard)
    M: Gablett, Cotchin, Murphy, Mundy, Varcoe, T.Mitchell, (O'Meara, Crouch)
    R: Leuenberger, Vardy, (Rowe, Witts) (rookie rucks are far from locked in!)
    F: Franklin, Bennell, Hawkins, Cloke, Zaharakis, Gray, LeCras, (Macaffer, Daniher)
    202k left.
    Obviously nothing final yet, but this is a good block to build from. What do we think? My forwards are strongest point but worried about Hawk/Cloke. Might take one or the other. The 202k is 4 price changes, although I believe it will be more along the lines of 300k, as you have to add the extra value for rookies, as well as multiply your whole value by about 2&#37; to be reasonably sure.

12. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I'm checking for some players their average scores in wins compared to losses.

13. Popey

Popey Member

Wow. Good work if u can find that kind of time!

14. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I hope there's no byes :) Byes bad.

15. Popey

Popey Member

AFL confirmed that the structure for the season will be the same. Yes, that means byes