Racing tips....

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Hazey1977, May 5, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

How good was Dunaden, will take over MC favouritism after that (until Wednesday's Geelong Cup at least)!!!

And the Pop was brilliant just getting run down!!!

2. J_C

J_C Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on October 20, 2012, 15:31
    How good was Dunaden, will take over MC favouritism after that (until Wednesday's Geelong Cup at least)!!!

And the Pop was brilliant just getting run down!!!</blockquote>

Yeah both terrific runs. Dunaden now a clear fav at &#36;6.

I thought Folding Gear was a huge run to finish that close given the interference at the top of the straight.

3. Bearfly

Run of the race was definitely Americain though, to be that wide for so long and still come home full of running, will be hard to hold out in MC!!!

That said however, we still have a couple of other very good French horses to come along with Shahwardi - could realistically be France 1st to 5th

4. Bearfly

Tips for tomorrow from @1Selection2Win

WEDNESDAY MIDWEEK MAIL

BEST BET

GEELONG
    Race 9 No: 2 NEW YORK

Speed: Good Tempo
    Danger: Sabres (5) & Grand Sunday (11)

Nice win last start where he settled at the back of the field due to his wide barrier and came home hard and fast down the outside and won with authority. Goes up 2kg from his last start win, he wont have to be as far back this race as he has drawn the coveted rails. New York will settle closer in the run 3-4 pairs back on the fence getting a soft run as there will be good speed in the race with Sabres and Eight Cards pushing forward on the jump. Also see Cross Street coming across from his wide barrier to try and get to the front as well. I do like the rise of distance for this race of (1500m) for New York as he is looking for this distance now being third up for this preparation, has won at the distance range twice. Glen Boss stays on board for today’s race. GET ON
    PRICE: &#36;2.90

EXTRA MAIL

WARWICK FARM
    Race 2 No: 6 CATKINS

Speed: Good
    Danger: Caprossa (7)

Followers of 1Selection2Win know this filly as she was our best bet last start where she got the cash. No need to jump off her back now, she does get in well with 2kg allowance for Kiwi apprentice Alysha Collett on her back, she will be carrying the same weight that she carried in her last start win 56.5kg. Drops back to the 1100m for this race will be to her liking as she will settle behind the leaders, getting a nice run till they turn for home, where she’ll peel off the leaders back getting to the middle of the track in the straight and sprint home to make it two for two this preparation. Smart three old filly working through the classes. Only danger could be the Canberra trained Caprossa dropping in weight and could sprint well with no weight on her back.

WARWICK FARM
    Race 7 No: 5 ATSUTA

Speed: Solid Tempo
    Danger: More Rocco (2) & Sweet Cinderella (8)

Has returned to racing in devastating form with two wins from as many starts this preparation. On jumping jockey Christian Reith will be able to put him where ever he wants, as this race will be raced at a very solid pace as there is speed to burn inside and out. Should be able to position himself midfield in the run or a touch better after jumping getting a nice run throughout the race. Getting a soft run and trailing the speed he should be able to save himself for one last run as he does have a great turn of foot when they have to sprint for home, as shown in his two impressive wins. Don’t be surprised if the stable rushes him down to Melbourne for a race over the four day carnival at Flemington when he wins today.
    PRICE: &#36;3.20

5. weazel

weazel Member

tips for tommorow

geelong

r2 # 4 prior 3rd &#36;1.60
    r4 # 5 agrippa 3rd agrippa
    r7 # 5 exceptionally unplaced
    r8 # 1 aerobatics unplaced
    r9 # 1 studley park @big odds small ew unplaced

eagle farm

r1 # 1 more colours 3rd &#36;1.30
    r2 # 6 only one annie unplaced
    r4 # 6 dream'n'ignite 1st &#36;1.80
    r6 # 4 starlin 2nd &#36;1.60
    r7 # 9 seeking more 1st &#36;1.60

warwick farm

r5 # 13 animoso scratched

6. J_C

J_C Guest

Thanks for the tips again boys.

It would be great to break my run of 2nds. Ten of them on Saturday and a couple more since!

Finished in front so no complaints here. I've just got my fingers crossed for an ever so slight change in luck! :D

7. Tips for today from Sir Neil

Geelong
    R1 2 Spatha***
    R2 3 That's The Way****
    R7 3 Brigantin** (Quin with Gatewood)! #value

8. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Sir Neil's tips, BB. I managed a nice little return from That's The Way..........

9. Bearfly

3 down at Geelong for 2 winners (That's The Way & Garud), 2 trifecta's (race 1 & 2) and one nice exacta (race 3).

Loved how much That's The Way blew out in the betting, managed to get a redback each way on at &#36;7 before the jump after staking a blue swimmer e/w earlier when shorter - just seen him as a damn hot bet in that race coming down in class!!!

10. J_C

J_C Guest

Shame I can't gamble at work! :D

Would have loved to have grabbed the &#36;7!! That's the kind of value we're all after.

Thankfully I got on last night at shorter odds anyway, so I'm just happy to have backed a winner! :)

11. Bearfly

Immediate thoughts after watching the Geelong Cup:
    1/ Brigantin copped a big check from Chateau Margaux on the turn and another couple on straightening then had to check off Gatewood's heels inside the last 150m - near on a certainty beaten.
    2/ Gatewood will be hard pressed to win MC considering the slow speed today suited it's Pommie style perfectly - won't get the same luxury of a slow pace in MC
    3/ Umberto Rispoli (Brigantin) should've protested against Chateau Margaux definitely for interference (and possibly even against Gatewood who, by the quick head-on shot I got to see, appeared to sift ground causing Brigantin to have to check off heels over closing stages
    4/ Exceptionally & Maluckyday don't deserve spots in the MC on their poor efforts - race was set up for back-markers to run home but they just couldn't stick with the first 4 - if they make the MC field they won't get within 10 lengths of the winner!!!
    5/ Both Brigantin & Tac De Boistron will strip alot fitter for that race and will both be in the mix for the MC

12. Bearfly

Well, just posted that and no sooner than I did the protest announcement came over!!!

13. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Thank god the protest was dismissed, I had the standout trifecta 4-6-3 for a nice &#36;600 win!!

14. weazel

weazel Member

MOSHEEN RETIRED
    Fractured a hind tibia on Saturday.
    Goes to Japan to be served by Deep Impact.

15. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Gosh, horses get it easy don't they. I've done my knee so can't race anymore, but do you think I can get someone to service me..........not a hope in hell!.....5555

16. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on October 24, 2012, 15:17
    4/ Exceptionally & Maluckyday don't deserve spots in the MC on their poor efforts - race was set up for back-markers to run home but they just couldn't stick with the first 4 - if they make the MC field they won't get within 10 lengths of the winner!!!
    </blockquote>

I think you've got that back to front. I'll be forgiving Maluckyday. They absolutely walked in the Geelong Cup. Backmarkers never had a chance.

17. Daveo

Daveo Member

Alright guys lots of bets placed today for PC here is the list

Cox plate green moon win
    Melb cup brigantin win
    Return &#36;95

Cox plate green moon win
    Melb cup americain win
    Return &#36;90

Cox plate happy trials place
    Melb cup brigantin win
    Return &#36;93

Melb cup americain win
    Return &#36;92

Cox plate happy trials win
    Melb cup americain win
    Return &#36;368

Cox plate happy trials win
    Melb cup brigantin win
    Return &#36;388

Manikato stakes ready to rip win
    Cox plate green moon win
    Return &#36;84

Manikato stakes We're gonna rock win
    Cox plate green moon win
    Return &#36;64

Manikato stakes were gonna rock win
    Return &#36;134

Manikato stakes ready to rip win
    Return &#36;175

Super Bowl winner sanfranciso 49ers
    EPL winner Chelsea
    NBA winner LA Lakers
    AFL premiers collingwood
    Return &#36;974

Saturday MV
    R3 no 5 destiny kiss win
    R6 no 4 ironstein win
    R7 no 2 Solzhenitsyn win
    Return &#36;385

18. Bearfly

@Daveo - if you get a few of those bets up mate you'll take over the mantle of messiah of the W2SP punters club :mrgreen:

@Warsaken - watching the race, and then replays of it last night, Maluckyday had plenty of chances to make a run with a couple others - maybe they were only in it to give him a run before the Mackinnon, but I can't see how he can challenge Americain, Dunedan, Brigantin & Gatewood on that effort.
    TBH, the Geelong Cup has just reinforced my earlier thoughts that we just don't have anything capable of knocking off the French/European/English raiders this year - it's high time Australian racing officials took a serious look at themselves and start introducing elite staying races for 3yo's apart from Derby's - this is the only way we will get out of the mindset here in Oz of breeding horses purely for speed!!!

19. weazel

weazel Member

tips for fri at the valley

r3 #5,3 ,1 then the field 1st sea lord &#36;3.50
    r4 #4 agueda 2nd &#36;1.50 ,9,6,7, 5 also if not scratched so close yet so far wrong order
    r6 #1,7win then 10, 3, 5, 8 sea siren &#36; 5.20 needed the 6 for tri and first 4
    r7 # 5 mareeza unplaced

20. J_C

J_C Guest

Just a reminder why Sir Neil Evans is one of our favourite tipsters - a lovely tip for a &#36;7 winner in the last race in WA last night.

You beauty!! :D