Supercoach 2013 Official Discussion

Discussion in 'AFL' started by thokash, Oct 17, 2012.

1. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

IF Hartlett is a DPP, he is a definite lock for mine. Was going to pick him this year but injuries worried me. DPP status is too hard to resist. He is capable of averaging 110 this year.

2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

If Hartlett IS to be a DPP, then sure he's worth considering, IMO, but can he stay on the park. That is the concern for me. He's only averaged 11-12 games per seas. over the past 4, although the last 2 he played 15 and 16, and his projected price is 485K for a 2012 av of 91. As an alternative to your "lock" would you consider Bennell (GC) @ 518K who averaged 98 over 22 games in 2012 and is DPP. I think they both can improve on 2012 but Hartlett's injury history is still my main concern.At this stage I don't know that I'll be taking either.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Fantasy Freako ?@FantasyFreako

Robbie Gray is expected to miss the first month of the H&A season with a calf injury.Robbie Gray can't run at the moment. He has nerve damage to his calf.

4. Popey

Popey Member

Gray missing doesn't help my cause... He was a lock for me... Close to their best player talent wise.

5. Fairo TTH, not sure why but for some reason I was thinking they were going 24 next year

6. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Just a quick point here on the Rolling lockout.

Don't forget, with a rolling lockout- you get to abuse the VC/Emergencies loop-hole ever week potentially.

I bloody hope there is a super-cheap F/R to dump into the R4 spot and roll through as my captain every couple of weeks!

7. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Has anyone considered what kind of structure they'll be going with next season? There looks to be a real lack of quality premium options both in the backs and forwards offset by some decent mid-pricers on offer (judging based on fanfooty), is anyone else therefore considering a 5 premium midfield from the off and a couple of mid-pricers in the 4 and 5 positions in both the backs and forwards?

8. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

That Rolling Lockout doesn't help me because I'm a student and can only access the internet at school. :| I'll adapt though.

9. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Jimmy Bartel a Fwd/Mid now :)

10. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Is there definitely going to be a rolling lockout next year? Are the rules determined yet?

11. WindyHillWizard

WindyHillWizard New Member

I may be struggling to put a FWD together than has anyone below 28 years old. Plenty of old men around that could get the job done next year.

12. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Only trouble with loading up on premiums in the midfield is that most of the best rookies seem to be there. Viney, omeara, stevens, crouch, mitchell and not to mention the kids yet to be drafted, whitfield, wines etc. looks like it will be the year of the midpricer in the fwd line especially, with most of the dpps last year now mid only. Going from fan footy, the top 10 fwds by price are: buddy, pav, rough, tex, chapman, bartel, cyril, bennel, waite (!!) and stevie j. Most of them seem to be either over the hill, inconsistent or injury prone. Looks like i may have to go back on my vow of never picking dusty again after his 19 in the gf.

13. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Don't know, but the starting price will probably stay at 5420*2012 average, so Ablett's price should be $750100.

14. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

If the starting money is at $10,000,000 and you get 30 players, the price is $5420* last year's av.

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Sidebottom, Beams and Didak all lose their DPP status for 2013

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Jimmy Bartel is a Mid/Fwd

17. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Rockliff dpp aswell. Lock

18. Popey

Popey Member

The HS has confirmed SOME of the DPP changes next year, some of the big ones are:
    Bartel a mid/fwd
    Rockliff a mid/fwd
    Greg Broughton a fwd/def
    Hamish Hartlett a mid/def
    Jude Bolton a mid/fwd.

Those who lose their DPP are:
    Dayne Beams a mid only
    Steele Sidebottom a mid only
    Alan Didak mid only
    Nate Fyfe mid only
    Ryan O'Keefe

Also, HS has also stated that:
    Champion Data is yet to reveal whether Brendon Goddard will retain his defender/midfielder status at Essendon, while fans are also keen to learn the decisions on Dustin Martin (fwd/mid last year) and Bryce Gibbs (mid only last year but def/mid in past seasons).

The link to the info (copy and paste this into the OFFICIAL Google homepage as you can still access this if you go in through Google, don't ask me why, it is digital pass access only page but this seemed to work!):
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/supercoach-news/supercoach-2013-sneak-peek/story-fn88c7kz-1226522835849

19. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Popey. This info is all on the front page here at TooSerious also.

20. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

bartel will probably be a lock in everyones team as a forward?

with a change of teams and the fwd/def mpp broughton comes back off the never again list