Supercoach 2013 Official Discussion

Discussion in 'AFL' started by thokash, Oct 17, 2012.

1. jibba

jibba Member

Surely broughton a lock, should get plenty of time in the midfield in a young GC side.

2. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Just saw the permission to train lists and saw Brett Goodes is training with the Dogs. If he gets a crack on the list, I may just need to squeeze him into my side.

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

FB reports The Hun will have "big Supercoach news" tomorrow.

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Is he on their payroll?

5. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

The big reveal is up:
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/supercoach-news/new-rules-for-supercoach-in-2013-include-extra-trades-free-draft-game-and-rolling-lockout/story-fn88c7kz-1226526669356

Huge news, in summary:
    * free draft game
    * new team formation (6 def, 6 fwd, 2 ruck, 8 mids) - 2 bench spots per position
    * four emergencies
    * rolling lockout
    * 30 trades

Everything that was mentioned in the last article has basically come true, plus the team structure change. I think that it makes the game a bit easier with the trades and don't really agree with it, and still disagree with the rolling lockout and think it's a bit too advantageous to the hardcore players, but hard to argue with all the other changes! Plus FREE draft woo!

I'm also hearing rumours of another change (which could be totally false now they have released an official document), and that is over the bye rounds your best 18 scorers will count for your weekly score, regardless of position. If true, I think it goes a long way to help solve the debacle that was the bye rounds last year. If you have more than 18 players play (eg. full 22), you will still only receive your best 18. In essence, you can choose a team with an outlook towards the byes but don't have to worry about positional requirements like last year.

Discuss?

6. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Yeah don't like rolling lock outs at all.

Team structure change, wow. So from 7-6-2-7 to 6-8-2-8 plus 2 on the bench. Basically means you've got to nail your defenders/forwards just right.

Scoring next year will be insane with 30 trades.

Loving the free Draft, hopefully we can sign up to as many as we like per account.

7. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Hating these changes, it's dumbing the game down for those that don't take it "too seriously".

8. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Theyre making it far too easy now. It used to be a real challenge to average 2200+, now it seems any idiot will be able to especially with more mids. By the time teams are set well be seeing close to 3000 every week

9. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

30 trades is ridiculous as well, we'll be seeing teams in the second half of the season with premiums on bench spots.

10. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

These changes are poor. The only good thing to come out of this is the free draft game. Otherwise, what's the point of playing a game where everyone can score well. Less strategy than other years.

11. Popey

Popey Member

I hate some of the changes, but to be honest I don't mind the new structure. Surely Cox is a forward lock next year?

12. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

The only good change in my opinion is having 8 mids. Other than that, the changes are pretty poor. 30 trades, wow... I guess that's to keep people that have normally ran out by RD 20, still interested.

Rolling lockout I'm not a fan of. Compare people who do nothing on weekends, to people that hardly get a second to check their team. Unfair. Captain loophole every week will be interesting.

Not sure what the point is of having 4 emergencies. You hardly need any emergencies. With the rolling lockout, if you know someone is a late withdrawl you can just swap them out.

Will be interested to see what strategy's people come up with, with all these new rules!

13. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

30 trades will be good, rolling lockouts I can't use.
    The 30 trades is probably compensation for the multibyes, (Stating the obvious).
    The 6-8-2-6 system will be good as midfielders are generally score higher than other positions.

14. grav

grav Guest

See Varcoe flagged for a running DEF role.
    Might not have potential to pump out the type of scores we would hope.
    That said should still be a good cow, less chance of diamond status though

15. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Just a quick test. :D

16. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Just testing to see if this works for me more than anything. Although now that I'm here I must say that it does look like Supercoach has been dumbed down a bit for the masses :(

17. test_account

test_account New Member

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Some massive and ridiculous changes to DreamTeam, oops I mean AFL Fantasy this year.46 trades.. Yes you read correctly we have 46 trades!! Max 2 per week, but if u don't use 2 then they are lost forever, no storing trades. This is going to make the game so so easy it's not even funny.No Rolling lockout in AFL Fantasy, which is awesome IMO.

19. DC

DC Member

stkildathunda wrote:
    Some massive and ridiculous changes to DreamTeam, oops I mean AFL Fantasy this year.46 trades.. Yes you read correctly we have 46 trades!! Max 2 per week, but if u don't use 2 then they are lost forever, no storing trades. This is going to make the game so so easy it's not even funny.No Rolling lockout in AFL Fantasy, which is awesome IMO. 46 trades in AFL Fantasy.... what a joke!

20. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

<p class='Quote]stkildathunda wrote:
    Some massive and ridiculous changes to DreamTeam, oops I mean AFL Fantasy this year.46 trades.. Yes you read correctly we have 46 trades!! Max 2 per week, but if u don't use 2 then they are lost forever, no storing trades. This is going to make the game so so easy it's not even funny.No Rolling lockout in AFL Fantasy, which is awesome IMO. <p class='Quote] <p class='Quote]46 trades??? Seriously??? Lowest common denominator anyone? <p class='Quote]I guess I wont be playing dreamteam or AFL fantasy or whatever they want to call it!