Stats

Discussion in 'AFL' started by PJ8, Jan 23, 2013.

1. PJ8

PJ8 Guest

Just a quick question regarding the new-style web site.... Where can I find the stats page with all players stats history? It was on the old style. Or is it not available anymore?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

That part is 'in development', expected to be up soon.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

If you're just keen on player statistics in general, the afl.com.au/stats page isn't half bad. Sure it doesn't have SC in it but it has most other stats

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I use footywire extensively, though clearly not skilfully

5. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, stats are coming- but slower than expected!If you're up for a quick sneak peak though:http://tooserious.net/stats.aspxMight want to hit ctrl-f5 to refresh your cache though.Player/team pages are still getting developed, but I'm thinking I'll just open this stats page up to the public tonight to get the ball rolling (actually, once the more detailed new stats calculate themselves. )

6. cookie2711

cookie2711 New Member

looking good so far you guys are doing a great things

7. Sojaldo

Sojaldo New Member

Do we still have the option of exporting data to excel?

8. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Hi All, I guess I must be missing something as I can't seem to get the stats to work properly. In the main stats page I can't seem to get the stats to populate for prior years; have tried clearing the cache, etc, nothing. I did notice we are able to pull up individual players stats now (which is great) but can't seem to find 'total points' for a given year nor the 'number of games' in a given year. What am I not doing correctly? thanks in advance for any help. cheers, Bill

9. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

The stats pages have history stats but you can only see one year at a time.

10. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

bjaensch wrote:
    Hi All, I guess I must be missing something as I can't seem to get the stats to work properly. In the main stats page I can't seem to get the stats to populate for prior years; have tried clearing the cache, etc, nothing. I did notice we are able to pull up individual players stats now (which is great) but can't seem to find 'total points' for a given year nor the 'number of games' in a given year. What am I not doing correctly? thanks in advance for any help. cheers, Bill Bill, the filters are currently broken when it comes to looking back at seasons prior to 2012. But the stats are there, you just need to be a bit creative at the moment (until walesy gets a chance to sort the filters out). For example, if you want to look at 2012 R23 stats, first select 2012 and apply the filter. The drop down box for selecting rounds only has 'preseason' to choose from, but there are in fact more options if you edit the url manually. http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.aspx?competition=SC&year=2012&[span style='text-decoration: underline; color: #ff0000;]round=0&salaries=1000000&teams=ADE,BRL,CAR,COL,ESS,FRE,GEE,GCS,GWS,HAW,MEL,NTH,PTA,RIC,STK,SYD,WCE,WBD&positions=DEF,MID,RUC,FWD&name=&groups= preseason is the same as Round=0 simply replace the zero with the round that you are looking for and you're in. The reason that 'total points' is blank when you are currently looking at 2012 is because you are looking at preseason 2012. If you change the round to R23, 'total points' will change to reflect what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

11. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Just a quick update here. 1) The year filter should be cool now. It'll do a full repost when you change years now, rather than trying to be clever. 2) You are correct, there are no 'Totals' on the player stats page, however, Games being missing was an oversight that I fixed up last week. :')

12. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Thank you for the direction, it is greatly appreciated. I can get the 'full year' stats for prior years now (woo hoo! :)), and I even managed to sort the list by both 'total points' and (separately) by 'games' (additional woo hoo!). However, when I tried to apply the filter for 'position' I get the message: <div id='dnn_ctl06_dnnSkinMessage' class='dnnFormMessage dnnFormValidationSummary] A critical error has occurred. An unexpected error has occurred Then I tried going away form the stats page and coming back to it, setting a prior year, (apply filter), setting round 23 (apply filter) and then setting a position filter (I tried this a couple of times and it didn't matter which position was selected) I also got the same critical error message. Hmmmm. Closed out too serious, restarted web browser, still seem to get the 'critical error' message when trying to select 'position' filter' for a prior year (generally 2012, round 23). Given that my pet selection theory is that my initial team selections for premiums are those that are those 'that play the most games and score the most total points' for a given position, this is making my life a bit more difficult that previously..... :-D I would note that I can simply scroll down the list of a prior year one I have sorted by total points and write down the names of players that fit my criteria (which I am doing), but being a bit lazy (!) having the position filter working would be wonderful. Just having the Stats page functionality as it is available now is terrific and the work you do on the site is very great appreciated Walsey. I still think too serious is the best SC resource going. cheers, Bill

13. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Will the 'calculator' function return in this new format? The ability to predict future prices based on input scores. I like forecasting how far players may rise and fall.