Rucks -Injury, DPP and the Roos rookies

Discussion in 'AFL' started by jp, Mar 6, 2013.

1. jp

jp Active Member

What is everyone's thought on rucks this year? With the great scoring potential of ruck players, and the wealth of RUC/FWD, I think it's a great area to make some good scores (and cash). However, I think there is also a bit of risk. My current ruck line up: RUC: Mummy, L-burg, (Daw, Sinclair). With Maric/Sandi as an upgrade targets. FWD: BigCox and Ryder in the forward line. With a view to get NicNAt as well when he's fit. My reasoning is any DPP ruck player is better off in the forward line as rucks typically score more than forward. Hence stacking rucks into the forward line. Both Daw and Currie seem to be decent picks this year, so one of them seems to be needed and Sinclair provides the important DPP link. Mummy and the Burger should both go up in price, but the big risk with them is injury. Both of them have a history of missing games and if they are both out at the same time I have to field Daw and a fwd rookie. I think I'll have to accept the risk because mummy and burger cost $788,000 for both and I can't afford to upgrade without messing up the rest of the lineup. So what do people think? Good approach? Are you doing things differently? Currie or Daw, who is the goer for North?

2. G-Train

G-Train Member

I am going with Currie.

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Magic Curry for me.

4. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I've got a completely different approach. R:Nic-Nat, Hale (Daw, Witts) F:Ryder Nic-Nat, Hale and Ryder are all DPPs so they can switch around.

5. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

The Burger has had a setback with his achilles. Will that deter people away from him?

6. deliverance

deliverance Guest

Yep! No way I will choose him now if he can't even recover properly from half and NAB match. He will be too unreliable, even at that price.

7. TigerFan

TigerFan Guest

HOLKY wrote:
    I've got a completely different approach. R:Nic-Nat, Hale (Daw, Witts) F:Ryder Nic-Nat, Hale and Ryder are all DPPs so they can switch around. Luck bro -_-

8. jp

jp Active Member

Well since starting this thread i've changed the team about 25 times :/ Anyway, burger is out. And with no direct replacement looks like a big reshuffle. I've also gone off mummy, thought he'd be a good under priced option but now not convinced he'll stay fit and perform.

9. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

At the moment I've got: R: Maric, Daw, (Sinclair, Currie) Cox in forward line

10. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Magic Curry for me. I thought I could smell what Terry was cooking. :)

11. jp

jp Active Member

The magic-curry-rowe combo is tempting but just seems too risky for me. You are really asking for a lot of game time to be given to these rooks. If Currie is the next john giles then it'll be sweet, but Goldie will definitely be the number 1 when the season starts for real. Are north really going to field all 3 big men?

12. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Leuen is too risky for me. Going Cox/Jacobs/Currie/Supersub

13. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Anyone else tempted to have all 3 NM rucks (Goldie, Currie, Daw) and just field the one named each week? Cheap 3 ruck combo for roughly 700k

14. DC

DC Member

jimbowan wrote:
    Anyone else tempted to have all 3 NM rucks (Goldie, Currie, Daw) and just field the one named each week? Cheap 3 ruck combo for roughly 700k Depends if North are going to go with 2 rucks each week... they may just opt to keep Goldie rucking alone

15. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I expect Daw to play as FWD if named, with occasional ruckwork as required. Not sure that Currie would suit that role?

16. TigerFan

TigerFan Guest

Are Rowe or sinclair going to get much gametime this year?
    Like in terms of upgrading/downgrading. Will they reach any sort of decent value or would I be better off with say Mcbean from Tigs, still DPP and then can be used EVERY week as my supersub if needed? Opinions :)

17. jp

jp Active Member

Having 3 NM rucks would be fine if your fourth ruck was a rock solid lock to play every week. Considering how often the big men get injured it seems like a risk.

18. malbi

malbi Member

I'm tipping Rowe will play 6-10 games this year. He attacks the packs hard when given a chance. So I'll be slipping him in my team because of his DPP flexibility and will probably keep him all year.