Birchall vs Hanley

Discussion in 'AFL' started by FlyBoy15, Mar 16, 2013.

1. FlyBoy15

FlyBoy15 Guest

Okay so question as above. Hanley averaged 61 in 2010, 82 in 2011 and 90 in 2012. Performed well in the NAB Cup this year, pumped put some big scores and finished off last year strong, seems to be on the rise. Birchall averaged 79 in 2010, 94 in 2011 and 94 in 2012. Consistent performer. Will Sucklings injury force Birchall to play a more defensive role and reduce his time in the midfield to sure up the Hawks defence? Birchall $506,400 vs Hanley $485,200. Already have Gibbs, Goddard, Hartlett and a couple of rookies.

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Hanley plays Bulldogs, Gold Coast and Melbourne in opening 5 weeks! Reckon he is set for big year. Both are suspectable to low scores but I reckon more upside in Hanley.

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I also have Goddard, Gibbs and Hartlett plus a few rookies. I have Heppell instead of either Hanley or Birchall. He seems likely to play more MID time that ever before, based on NAB 2013 and I reckon has more upside than either Hanley or Birchall, and is cheaper!

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Jason wrote:I also have Goddard, Gibbs and Hartlett plus a few rookies. I have Heppell instead of either Hanley or Birchall. He seems likely to play more MID time that ever before, based on NAB 2013 and I reckon has more upside than either Hanley or Birchall, and is cheaper! Jason, don't wish to sound like a broken record, but if you are looking for good value in DEF, look no further: BEST Gold Coast: Ablett, Hall, Harbrow, Dixon, Prestia, Thompson Melbourne: Watts, Grimes, Jamar, Terlich, Sellar

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Have you got any SC stats to support that Terry? Journalists watching practice matches are inclined to sometimes nominate defenders just because they spoil well once or twice at key moments, which doesn't exactly translate into excellent SC scoring. Just sayin'.

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Think I just got a bite. /Portals/0/User%20Images/girls-fishing-500-58.jpg

7. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Jason wrote:I also have Goddard, Gibbs and Hartlett plus a few rookies. I have Heppell instead of either Hanley or Birchall. He seems likely to play more MID time that ever before, based on NAB 2013 and I reckon has more upside than either Hanley or Birchall, and is cheaper! Jason, don't wish to sound like a broken record, but if you are looking for good value in DEF, look no further: BEST Gold Coast: Ablett, Hall, Harbrow, Dixon, Prestia, Thompson Melbourne: Watts, Grimes, Jamar, Terlich, Sellar Lol at the 'bite' post because there was another obvious name that stood out in a backman conversation... It rhymes with 'lots' of possesions!