Supercoach 2013 Official Discussion

Discussion in 'AFL' started by thokash, Oct 17, 2012.

1. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

doolz wrote:
    Sandy out for eight weeks. Could throw a spanner in the works http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/fremantle-ruckman-aaron-sandilands-out-for-two-months-with-hamstring-injury/story-e6frf9jf-1226581194429 Good thing I came up with my R3 forward strategy.

2. Pendles_17

Pendles_17 New Member

My team at the moment being
    Defenders Prems:
    Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw, Hartlett?
    Defender Rooks:
    Vlaustin, Docherty, Terlich, Goodes?

Mid Prems
    Swam, Pendlebury, Watson, Cotchin, Mundy
    Mid Rooks
    Wines, Mitchell?, Stevens, O'Mera, Viney

Ruck Prems
    Cox, Goldie
    Ruck Rooks
    Daw?, Witts?

Forward Prems
    Buddy, Zorko, Martin
    Forward Rooks
    Macaffer, Kerridge?, Speight?, Neade?, Sinclair?

I put question marks next to the players im unsure about i need some advice on them, and I want to upgrade one of my forward rookies to Ryder but i will need to downgrade Hartlett for a defender rookie any ideas on who that could be?

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Rather than downgrading in DEF to updgrade in FWD, I think you should run less MID premium players. The problem this year is that there are hardly any cheap FWD players who are going to get regular games. To compensate for this, it is necessary to spend more $$ in the FWD line that elsewhere. Lots of cheap MID rookies to choose from, quite a few decent op[tions in DEF also. I suggest you load up these lines with cheaper players and get more experienced FWDs into your starting lineup.

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Somebody moved RMT?

5. Pendles_17

Pendles_17 New Member

Alright who do you think I should downgrade in my mids?

6. Jason

I only have 3 premium MIDs in my side at the moment. I would think the average is 4. You have 4.5 (counting Mundy as 0.5), which I think is too many and you will have to play dodgy FWD options on the field on a regular basis. I don't personally rate Mundy, so he'd be first choice to take out. Throw a blanket over the rest of your premium MIDs, they are pretty close to each other.

7. Pendles_17

Pendles_17 New Member

I downgraded Watson seeing i think mundy is really good value i think he is a 110 averager

8. sharkwhisperer

sharkwhisperer New Member

<p style='margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.3em;]Just picked up on what this new rule means in Herald sun for BYE rounds 11,12 and 13. Only 18 starting required for maximum points. Apologies if this has been mentioned before..... <p style='margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.3em;]9 - THOU SHALT NOT FEAR THE BYE ROUNDS <p style='margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.3em;]In 2011 it was terrifying. In 2012 it was annoying, but this year the bye is not to be feared. <p style='margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 163px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.3em;]Six teams each take a break in Rounds 11-13, but throughout that three-week period scores of only 18 of your players will count.

9. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I'm tossing up between Goddard and Heater at D1. Can't quite decide. Anyone got any thoughts on the subject?

10. sharkwhisperer

sharkwhisperer New Member

Heater has a greater POD. I like Goddards ticker at start of season and has more consistency. Also will play on ball more this year and really despite many being let down last year he still had a great consistency and scored well above for a defender. IMO Go with Goddard. Safe bet.

11. choppers

sharkwhisperer wrote:
    Heater has a greater POD. I like Goddards ticker at start of season and has more consistency. Also will play on ball more this year and really despite many being let down last year he still had a great consistency and scored well above for a defender. IMO Go with Goddard. Safe bet. Goddard was the 1st player I selected way back,about 2000 team upgrades ago, but I'm just starting to have doubts, what, with all of the Dons problems going on atm. Thanks for the input, I'll probably stay with him.

12. Pilly

Pilly New Member

Don't know if this question has been asked but I can't find answer. We must lodge team with 30 players before start of round 1 this Friday. I know any players we select from those 4 teams are locked in but can we shuffle players from the teams not playing until next week I guess most people will have a bunch of rookies from the teams not playing till next week so we won't know until then if they are in at the start. Are we stuck with them if they don't play or can we trade them out for other rookies that do make it.?

13. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Only the 4 teams this weekend will be locked. All other rookies etc you can shuffle in and out as you please during the rolling lockout.

14. Jason

bgt2110 wrote:
    Only the 4 teams this weekend will be locked. All other rookies etc you can shuffle in and out as you please during the rolling lockout. But will we still have unlimited trades after the first partial lockout begins? I can't find an answer to this one. I get that we can trade players from remaining 14 clubs, but are we starting to run down our 30 overall trades if we do this after the bounce of the first game this Friday?

15. J_C

J_C Guest

Jason wrote:
    bgt2110 wrote:
    Only the 4 teams this weekend will be locked. All other rookies etc you can shuffle in and out as you please during the rolling lockout. But will we still have unlimited trades after the first partial lockout begins? I can't find an answer to this one. I get that we can trade players from remaining 14 clubs, but are we starting to run down our 30 overall trades if we do this after the bounce of the first game this Friday? It's a good question Jason. The best I've found is this from the HUN site:
    'You can make unlimited trades on your initial team entry until Round 1 begins on March 22.'
    Not sure where to clarify it further. Does anyone follow any of the HUN peeps on twitter? They might be able to answer?

16. J_C

J_C Guest

Although I just found this in the FAQs...
    <h3 style='margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 14px; margin-left: 4px; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; line-height: 15px; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; color: #414141; text-shadow: none; text-transform: uppercase; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; background-color: #f5f5f5;]YOUR TEAM HQ</h3> <ul style='margin-bottom: 18px; margin-left: 25px; list-style-type: disc; list-style-position: initial; font-style: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: 1; font-family: 'PT Sans', sans-serif; color: #414141; font-variant: normal; background-color: #f5f5f5; text-shadow: none !important;] <li style='margin-bottom: 7px; font-style: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-shadow: none !important;]You can edit your entire team list while a round is not in progress.<strong style='font-size: 13px; text-shadow: none !important;]You may continue to edit players on your squad during the round, up until their respective match has started, at which point they are 'locked in' to your team.[/b]You can also view each player's scoring and performance breakdown, in team Stats view.</li> </ul>

17. Pilly

Pilly New Member

Yes that's what I'm trying to clarify. I know we can shuffle any from the original 30 on and off the bench next week and “trade” 2 players, but can I bring in more than 2 players from outside the 30 I name this week and if I can “trade” 4 would that count as 4 of my 30?

18. choppers

Pilly wrote:
    Yes that's what I'm trying to clarify. I know we can shuffle any from the original 30 on and off the bench next week and trade&amp;rdquo; 2 players, but can I bring in more than 2 players from outside the 30 I name this week and if I can trade&amp;rdquo; 4 would that count as 4 of my 30? You can make unlimited trades on your initial team entry. Your team will be locked in and entered at the start of the next upcoming round after you joined. from Supercoach Rules.... TRADES

You can make unlimited trades on your initial team entry. Your team will be locked in and entered at the start of the next upcoming round after you joined.
    You'll then be able to trade up to a maximum of TWO players after the conclusion of each round (and a maximum of 3 in Rounds 11, 12 and 13), with a total of 30 trades available for the entire Season. Players may also be traded during each round for other available players, up until their respective match has started (at which point, they are locked into your team for that round).

19. Pilly

Pilly New Member

Yes I read all that and I take it that this means if I select my 30 players today or up to Friday the start of the next upcoming round is Round 1 on Friday. This does make the initial selection tough.
    Is there any way someone can seek a clarification from the Herald Sun as I can't see a 'contact us' section on the Supercoach site.

20. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Pilly wrote:
    Yes I read all that and I take it that this means if I select my 30 players today or up to Friday the start of the next upcoming round is Round 1 on Friday. This does make the initial selection tough.
    Is there any way someone can seek a clarification from the Herald Sun as I can't see a 'contact us' section on the Supercoach site. If you go into the 'Help and FAQ' tab (far right on the teams page) you can scroll down and there's a 'contact us' option.