Dane Beams - Need your advice

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Midge001, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Midge001

Midge001 Member

I was unfortunate enough to be on a plane when the news of Beams' late withdrawal went out, so I was unable to offload him to Pendles or Swan before it would cost me a trade.
    Now with the news that he'll be missing again with a quad, and the memory of Zaharakis' late withdrawal quad of a while back, I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on him?
    I don't care as much about overall, so I'm leaning towards holding on for at least one more round, but even then, how sure can I be of his input in Round 3, assuming he even plays.
    Ironically, I picked him over Pendles and Swan because he played in more games last season.
    Anybody have any word on the seriousness of his injury?

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

'COLLINGWOOD midfielder Dayne Beams is set to miss up to another fortnight with the quad injury that kept him out of Sunday's win over North Melbourne.' from recent afl.com.au article

3. DoggyODFL

DoggyODFL New Member

I had Beams as planning for him to be a POD andalso missed the news of hiswithdrawal.With him now missing another 1-2 I will be trading him

4. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

If you don't need to make any other correctional trades, I would be looking to trade him out this week.
    If, on the other hand, correctional trades are needed then you should probably hold onto him

5. Shagga05

Shagga05 Member

I also had the same issue and didn't get the chance to swap to Pendle. At this stage I will be trading as I have started ok in R1 (got Viney's score to cover Beams) and would like to have 2 corrective trades available for next week.

6. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I had Beams as my captain. When he was a late withdrawal I got Dangerfield's score doubled. Most of the PODs on my team had bad games and that left me with a score of 2024. I'll likely be trading him for Kennedy this week.

7. DC

DC Member

More points for Swan/Pendles with Beams missing the next few weeks!

8. Shagga05

Shagga05 Member

Agree. I have been thinking Lids because I went Beams to get a bit of a PODbut not going Swan/Pendle could be a mistake. Might be a late call to make Friday Arvo!