Thoughts on this plan?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, May 7, 2013.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Alright, hear me out on this, if you would like to have a look at my team before reading, here:
    Goddard, Hanley, Gibbs, Heppell, Newman, Stevenson (Clarke, Sierakowski) Ablett, Swan, Cotchin, Watson, Murphy, Montagna, O'Meara, Lucas (Kommer, Colquhoun) Cox, Blicavs (Rowe, Daw) Franklin, Bartel, Rockliff, Mayes, Neade, Sinclair (Macaffer, Kerridge)
    Note that I am assuming Gibbs and Heppell are back. So hear me out on this. I really want to bring in Vlastuin this week before he goes up, his MID/DEF status helps too. I'm planning to offload Stevenson from Port for him, to free up 120k. I've been watching Hayden Crozier and he looks the goods, at 220k and scoring 80 and 90 odd in his first two matches, he's going to have a really solid price rise, which is all I'm looking for. I was planning to offload Neade for him for 65k or so. Neade still has a bit of a rise in him but my trade plans for next week will only work this way.
    So there including my cash already banked, I have 200k. Chris Newman is not the gun I was expecting him to be pre-season, so it's make or break, I want to offload him too for a higher scoring defender. I traded Brett Goodes out last week for cash to bring in Jobe, this plan still in my head :p
    With the 200k, next week I'll downgrade Newman to Goodes. 50k right there. And with 250k I can HOPEFULLY trade Kommer next week with a bit more of his price rise and bring in Priddis who may well drop to around 450k or if I'm lucky, less. Would make my team.
    Goddard, Hanley, Gibbs, Heppell, Goodes, Vlastuin (Clarke and Sierakowski) Ablett, Swan, Cotchin, Murphy, Watson, Montagna, Priddis, O'Meara (Lucas, Colquhoun) Cox, Blicavs (Rowe, Daw) Franklin, Bartel, Rockliff, Mayes, Crozier, Sinclair (Macaffer, Kerridge)
    Lucas in the Mid bench is solid cover for the bye rounds coming up, or he could be on the field for O'Meara instead. Will supply as a decent money gainer if he needs to be offloaded if/when he drops off. Thoughts? Am I crazy, stupid, both, or do you think it could work out for me. Once I've done that, the following weeks MAY see Crozier up there, maybe at 350k if he gets a 70-80 here and there. Can pick up a gun there and Crozier, if he keeps getting games, will price rise quicker then Neade, at least for the first week or two if he continues with the scores he's been getting, this all relies on MAJOR IF'S, but could turn out nicely imo.
    Just want to hear some thoughts/suggestions, ideas.

2. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

My concern is your Rucks. Blicavs, Sinclair, Rowe and Daw all have dodgy JS in the next couple of wks IMO.
    The rest of your team looks pretty solid.

3. is don is good

is don is good New Member

I think trading back 2 goodes is a waste of a trade. Either downgrade Newman 2 someone on the bubble or upgrade. You don't need a lot of bye cover this year cos I'm pretty sure the top 18 scores, on the field, in any position, are counted. Then u could use omeara or lucas 2 get priddis, or krommer if u downgrade Newman. That said, I would focus on your rucks & fwds cos this is where u r a little light.

4. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Sainter I highly doubt Gibbs will be back this week. All the reports say 2 weeks for his leg. Also, I agree with the other posters. Why waste a trade going back to Goodes? Surely you can find another better defender for around the same price as Goodes next week?
    Rest of the plan seems sound. Good luck!

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Tomster wrote:
    Sainter I highly doubt Gibbs will be back this week. All the reports say 2 weeks for his leg. Also, I agree with the other posters. Why waste a trade going back to Goodes? Surely you can find another better defender for around the same price as Goodes next week?
    Rest of the plan seems sound. Good luck! Around same price as Goodes? Nope, he's the best at his price :/. Averages 90+ at 330k.

6. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Vlastuin's best is ~50, even as a cash cow that's a crap score. What position is Lister playing? If mid, he is a way better option provided he plays.

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Are you suggesting Docherty instead? Docherty doesn't help, doesn't have MID/DEF dpp.

8. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Vlastuin's problem is his price not his average... He's only played 2 games and he was busy without scoring highly in his first. Not sure if he gave away free kicks or made errors, but I was expecting him to score 60-70 in his first.
    An average of 65 is more than enough for a standard cashcow, but at $160,000 you lose 50 thou before you start. I like the way he plays though, and reckon Hardwick loves those hard in and under types (see Morris etc).

9. hellsangel

hellsangel New Member

I think you should dig under the fence for fifty yards until just before the woods make sure you have hidden the dirt of the footy field once you have sewn new uniforms for the fellas then you can make a break for it ifevery bodies identity cards are legit at least 50% of you will make it toSwitzerlandand then theundergroundwill get you back to England.
    Nowthat'sa Plan

10. hellsangel

hellsangel New Member

Seriously: good plan, but the cotchin thing might be a spanner about eight foot long in the works