Judd v Priddis

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Brenner, May 16, 2013.

1. Brenner

Brenner Guest

Am i an idiot picking Judd over Priddis?

2. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Top 15 mids last year didn't include either Priddis or Judd. I would avoid both and save your coin for an elite mid.

3. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

TheOnion wrote:
    Top 15 mids last year didn't include either Priddis or Judd. I would avoid both and save your coin for an elite mid.
    It didn't include Pendlebury or Swan either but everybody wants them.
    Priddis finished as the 8th best mid in 2011 so he certainly has it in him. Judd looks a bit more inconsistent this year.

4. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

errr... Pendles 2 and Swan 3 behind GAJ in 2012 or is my SC data wrong? Respect 2011 numbers for The Dunnybrush but West Coast have good young up and coming mids so would still personally avoid.

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

TheOnion wrote:
    errr... Pendles 2 and Swan 3 behind GAJ in 2012 or is my SC data wrong? Respect 2011 numbers for The Dunnybrush but West Coast have good young up and coming mids so would still personally avoid. Swan and Pendles had good averages last year, but because they only played 18 games each they were 17th and 20th on the list of top points scoring midfielders for the year.

6. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Hah ....apologies Swert. I was talking averages, you were talking aggregates. Nicely pointed out by our good friend JPK.

7. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Although Priddis probs wont be in the top 8 elites, he's good value and can get near that level. For the affordability I reckon it's a smart move and can always be upgraded down the line. In terms of the original question, Judd is winding down and will surely be rested from time to time

8. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Even though murphy might be the one who gets the tag now, no judd for me. i brought him in for the sc finals last year as my final mid thinking he'd be all fresh after his 4 week layoff for the chicken wing tackle. his scores were pretty ordinary and then he did his hamstring in the granny costing me a flag :( not that im bitter or anything. I think priddis is the better option. not sure where he finished up stats wise but if you take out his score from last year when he was ko'd his '12 average probably goes up by another 4 or 5 points

9. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

What about Hodge? Thoughts anyone?

10. the_steadier

the_steadier Moderator

I havent looked at judd but I presume he and priddis are around the same price hence the question. All you need to do is ask yourself how did they both arrive at that price? Priddis current price is only a result of a sub, judd is at that price because of his performance.

11. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

I got Hodge last week and it has worked so far. Touch wood. :) He is a bit of a rest/injury risk tho, but is still just under $500k. Priddis should pop out ~110 average with not much variation nearly every week. May not set the house on fire, but they are solid points to bank on each week. My 2 cents, YMMV