donut/emerg - choice of bench player scores (ala captains loophole)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 22nd_BOG, May 13, 2013.

1. 22nd_BOG

22nd_BOG Guest

Not sure if people have always been aware of this and I'm just late to the party (as per usual) but I haven't read about it before so.. With COTCH being out this week I couldn't decide between my two MID bench options to bring on, KOMMER or VINEY. In the end I had a free look at Kommers score by leaving Cotch on the park with the E on Kommer, much the same as the captains loophole, I decided if Kommer (72) could knock out a 70+ id take it via the Emergency score, anything less and id sub Viney on for Cotch, thus taking whatever Viney scored and Kommers score wouldn't count as the Emergency as id have a full list on the park in the mids. Gave me a captains loophole look at Pendles, as well as a choice of Midfield bench this week, ability to take best 2 of 4 players scores. In the end didn't help me coz Viney went ahead and tonned up while sat on the pine but still usefull to know, could be the difference in a close league matchup.

2. Pilly

Pilly New Member

Very good. I for one hadn't looked at this. I've got a mid choice this week between Kommer and Vlastuin with Gibbs sitting on bench (again!!!). Kommer plays first so I'll put him emerg and if he dominates I'll bench Vlastuin for Gibbs. If Kommer flops then I stay with Vlastuin.

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I already knew this, posted yesterday on one of the write ups =)