TRADE O'MEARA???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by H_Dons, May 25, 2013.

1. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

The Jager Bomb looks set to be a keeper, at the very least as a bench player for our midfields, once they are fully upgraded. But due to my trading strategy (NicNat comes IN next week), if I want to afford Watson at his cheapest price for the year, I must trade O'Meara this week. What are people's thoughts on this? The resting of Neade and Stevenson means that I only need to downgrade 1 of them this week, and can downgrade the other one to Staker next week. But is it worth getting rid of O'Meara? Or should I just double downgrade this week (Port boys out, Staker and Thurlow in) and then see what happens next week? I will only be able to afford NicNat next week if I double downgrade. Watson would have to come in at a later stage. HELP please!!!

2. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Excellent topic!
    I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, thinking about it too even though it feels like sacrilege . Surely at some point his body wont keep up and his scores will peter out. I'm in the dame boat as you, upgrading him to Jobe, NicNat, JPK or Swanny next week if I go through with it other wise it will take 3 trades to get these guys...

3. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

all depends what you need to do with your team but i wouldnt be trading him out before their round 13 bye unless his numbers take a big nose dive. Iwould be culling other rookies before him.

4. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@TopHeavy - Looks like we didn't get any answers. I stuck with my double downgrade in the end, even though I knew Thurlow would be fools gold. I have put less than half the time into SC, compared to last year. And this has been reflected in my results. Ranked 469 after round 2, fallen each round since! Currently sitting around 8k with a team that is just scraping over 2000 each week. I also think too many competitions is getting to me. Centrebet, Sportal, Sportsbet, and Stadium Sports are taking away valuable SC research time, limited as it is. I'm inside the top 500 in Sportal and Sportsbet, and I spend about 20 minutes a week on each of those comps. Good luck still exists. @Senator96 - I completely agree with you, I shouldn't be trading him this early. But my team is in desperate need of an upgrade. Although it is 5 prems away from completion and can barely score 2000, so I think all hope is gone. Getting absolutely crunched in the platinum league, gotta make a comeback!!

5. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Been planning my next few trades and I've decided it is a good idea to hold until round 13as Senator said, when I'll ug to JJK. Should only be 100k difference. Plus with extra trades over the bye period I'll cull other cash cows to work around potential donuts. I've ended up trading Monfries for NIcNat this week as he's killing it and is getting comparable scores to Gazza. Good luck

6. demonspud

demonspud Member

Will be my final starting rookie to be upgraded come round 13.
    Have too many round 13 premiums that I need to cover. Ablett, Watson, Swan, Pendles, Goddard, (Heppell)
    Thinking of sideways trading one of these, currently thinking Swan to Fyfe before he drops further, and lessens the pain come round 13.
    Sitting 400ish after moving up last week with a 2290 score(thanks Swan, JPK, and Rocky going subpar). As the team stands predicted to score 1900 rnd 11 but then 1400 and god knows what in round 13.

7. is don is good

is don is good New Member

@demonspud. Not sure that sidewaying swan to fyfe is a great idea considering fyfe's bye is R11. The pies have a nice run over the next 3 weeks (BL, Dees and Dogs). You would hope that these sides can get swanny back into a bit of form & he should be able to knock out the 120+ again. Then it might be wiser to sideways come R13 for coverage.

8. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

H_Dons, which team are you in the platinum league? I'm contested possession, I'm tearing my hair out with only 2 wins yet 5th for total points!

9. G-Train

G-Train Member

H_Dons wrote:
    The Jager Bomb looks set to be a keeper, at the very least as a bench player for our midfields, once they are fully upgraded. But due to my trading strategy (NicNat comes IN next week), if I want to afford Watson at his cheapest price for the year, I must trade O'Meara this week. What are people's thoughts on this? The resting of Neade and Stevenson means that I only need to downgrade 1 of them this week, and can downgrade the other one to Staker next week. But is it worth getting rid of O'Meara? Or should I just double downgrade this week (Port boys out, Staker and Thurlow in) and then see what happens next week? I will only be able to afford NicNat next week if I double downgrade. Watson would have to come in at a later stage. HELP please!!! Can you go Stevenson to Staker then Neade to Watson via subbing to the mids? If not I would go Neade to Nic Nat instead and upgrade to another mid or get Watson later.

10. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

O'Meara's price is close to maxing out. It will probably peak at $450K. Then again, O'Meara is a pretty good player in his own right, I'd even go so far as saying if Ablett gets injured, he's a viablebackup.

11. demonspud

demonspud Member

@is don is good. That's a good point about Swan's opponents. I've got to make up 400 or so points in round 12 against opponents (not sure yet about rnd 13). Planned to bring in Hvorat, Cotchin and Hanley in Round 12 (though might grab Hanley this week as Mitchell). I'm predicted to win Round 11 by about 300-400 points so I can bring in these players earlier to cover the other byes. Still will need to sideways someone in round 13 I think, just not enough cash generated by some of these green vest rookies (Thurlow, Webster, B Kennedy). If Swan doesn't perform the plan is he will be out for Tom Mitchell.
    But back to the point, O'Meara in until he is needed to go.

12. Dirtydog

Dirtydog New Member

Agree that he's a keeper although with two juicey options up for grabs I've cut him loose
    Omera out-Bartel to mids and Nic Nat in to fwds.
    Dwyer to Staker and pocket the cash!

13. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Eagle_Eyed wrote:
    H_Dons, which team are you in the platinum league? I'm contested possession, I'm tearing my hair out with only 2 wins yet 5th for total points! My team is snacks on snacks, I believe I just beat you last round! You're coming 4th in overall points now. I was 2nd in overall points, then fallen each week to currently sit at 9th. I lost against teams who were 100's of points behind me. It's just been an awful year all round! Good luck for the rest of it though! I have decided to trade O'Meara this week, as his BE climbs over 100. And I need my team upgraded as quickly as possible, I leave for a 6 week Europe holiday next Tuesday! If my team was in a better position, I was going to give it away, but I may as well hold it now. Using 3 trades this week: O'Meara ->Pendles Terlich -> Gibbs Leuenberger ->Vardy/Gorringe Then I have 11 trades left and just need to get Nicnat in my Forward line and my team is complete, minus a prem ruck which I can pick up later.

14. gr8ness

gr8ness New Member

Reckon o'meara for kieren jack or cotchin or deledio or any likes of a premium midfielder?

15. jp

jp Active Member

o'meara to swanny looks good this week. Or Cotch, the tigers have a pretty good run home this year. Would love to keep o'm as coverage. He's capable of pumping out the tons and will play every game. But right now I need the money and there look to be plenty of good mid options for bench coverage

16. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

O'Meara is playing this week, I wouldn't be trading him unless you have over 18 playing and trades to spare

17. HardyMat

HardyMat New Member

I am looking at trading O'Meara to Ablett this week, just to counter out the others in my leagues and to move closer to getting my midfield finalised. My Round 13 games are against bottom of the ladder teams and way out of contention for overall.

Doubting Ablett is going to get any cheaper and O'Meara won't make much more cash, unless he has a massive game.