Opinions on an 8th spot midfielder

Discussion in 'AFL' started by gr8ness, Jun 18, 2013.

1. gr8ness

gr8ness New Member

Dont know who to choose as my eighth and final midfield spot already have Ablett, Pendelbury, Swan, Dangerfield, Watson, Smitch and Josh Kennedy

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Ryan Griffen? Joel Selwood (super cheap.) Scott Selwood? Trent Cotchin? Nathan Fyfe? Michael Barlow? David Mundy? Leigh Montagna? Richard Douglas? Kane Cornes?

3. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

Sainter wrote:
    Ryan Griffen? Joel Selwood (super cheap.) Scott Selwood? Trent Cotchin? Nathan Fyfe? Michael Barlow? David Mundy? Leigh Montagna? Richard Douglas? Kane Cornes? I'd add Brett Delidio to this list. I've had him in from the start, averaging 113 for the year. Take a look at the break-evens and see who you can afford.

4. gr8ness

gr8ness New Member

I have plenty of money in the bank and im very much leaning towards michael barlow, thanks for the help

5. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Reckon Montagna isn't the worst choice. Is the number 1 midfielder at the Saints and the preferred player when it comes to attack. Increased his defensive pressure too.

6. G-Train

G-Train Member

Joel Selwood at 492 averaging 107 is a sound decision for mine.

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Philosoraptor wrote:
    Joel Selwood at 492 averaging 107 is a sound decision for mine. ya, him or Fyfe, Freo have a pretty good run home

8. Tommy18

Tommy18 Guest

If money isn't a concern you can't look past Ryan Griffen on current form. Massive POD (only in somthing like 3000 teams) but one of the top raked players for the year. With all the trades this year most people are going to end up with about 5 (or all)of Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Watson, JPK and Cotchin. That makes your final 2-3 choices crucial comes the end of the year when everyone has fully upgraded. I'm only going for leagues so I'm just going to sit tight and wait for a few rookies to mature (looking at you Viney) and then I aim to pick up Griffen.

9. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Agreed, I have Joey and I was stoked with the 143 on the weekend.

10. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I'm having difficulty with an M7. If I trade Vlaustin out of my midfield, I'm left with $686,800 in the bank to spend on a midfielder. I currently have: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, Selwood, Cotchin, Vlaustin, Mitchell (Crouch, Hutchings) Not sure who to bring in, my first instinct is Dangerfield. Though these are the ones that interest me the most. -Dangerfield -Griffen -K. Jack -Barlow -Kennedy I probably like the first 3 the most, though with Griffen, I can afford him but I think he won't stay at that price for a long time and he won't leave me much money in the bank. For a long time, my sights were always set on Kennedy to fill one of my midfield spots, but I have kind of swung to Jack in the last 2 weeks and Dangerfield has always been in my plan.

11. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Jack could be good, he has Carlton, then GWS and Melbourne, not sure in what order..