Is 30 trades too many?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jonesy, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy New Member

Hi, I have discussed this with my mates that play supercoach and would be interested to hear some more opinions on the subject. The changes to this seasons supercoach rules with the extra 2 players in the midfield and 1 less defender and forward, combined with the number of trades being extended to 30 has left for a boring end to the season. I really think the extra trades have left teams with the ability to make a lot of changes to their teams late season to bring in all the in form players. Speaking on behalf of my leagues, it has left finals bound teams with VERY FEW pods for the finals making it a really boring looking end to the season. With everyone trading in the form players, it looks like there will probably only be 1 or maybe 2 games per round, that will determine the outcome in each of these finals rounds. I personally think that the game is much more exciting with less trades making people think more carefully about what they do with them, resulting in more PODS between teams at this end of the season. Anyway, I'd be interested to hear what others think about the changes to the format.

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

As a trade junky I am good with it. Other than the top 3 or 4 players most teams have differentials, the big common ground this year was rookies for mine and that's the nature of the game..

3. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

The 30 trades are to account for the MB rounds, but for those who find it too many, Dr. Freeze is making a limited trade game next year.

4. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

TBH, yes, I reckon 30 trades takes away some of the skill to the game. Allows for more stupid trades without punishment (e.g me bringing in Westhoff early), and allows many numpties in my normally non-competitive leagues to do well.
    Also, there has been a fair bit of discussion around the traps that SC is going to have to change majorly next year to maintain interest. Anyone have any ideas of changes that may be implemented?

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

DT must be in trouble if thats the case, SC has 1.5 times the teams playing..

6. Golingo

Golingo New Member

As far as league competitions go, I think 30 has been too many this season. Certainly seems like teams are far similar at the pointy end of the season this year than in previous years.

7. Tommy18

Tommy18 Guest

Perhaps in some leagues the teams are similar but for mine I think it's meant more differences than in past years. I'm good with the extra trades even though it does help the less 'skilled' players or those that don't pay as much attention but the up side of it is it takes out the frustration of copping bad luck from injuries. Without the extra trades I would've been cruelled by injury this year. I copped Rich, TexWalker, Daisy, Watson, Birchall and now Naitanui. As it is, Naitanui/Nicholls out means I'll still be carrying Staker into the finals with 3 trades up my sleeve for injuries. Having said that, if trades were less I perhaps would've held Roughie and also Ryder through his early season suspension.

8. Pilly

Pilly New Member

30 is too many. It allows the duds to finish with a pretty good team and then luck with injuries or the dreaded 'general' can cruel you.