Tooserious Keeper League for NBA

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by trav00, Aug 23, 2013.

1. G-Train

G-Train Member

Sorry for late reply - I'm most comfortable with the ESPN version also.

2. G-Train

G-Train Member

When should we get into the meat of this league.. how many keepers, scoring setup, team position setup, etc. Looking forward to it.

3. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Karlos, we should use ESPN.

4. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

ESPN is the go :) I say 5 keepers, squad of 20, 13 scorers in head to head mode

5. trav00

trav00 Guest

Hi all. Ok I tried to wait a little longer see if anyone else came on but so far everyone interested in just ESPN and thats fine by me. I will set league up. we need to think carefully though as we have 14 players so that makes it a little different. I think teams cant be as big as what you said saints. Ill set league up and then we can fine tune everything once we logged in. cheers

6. trav00

trav00 Guest

Squad of 20 for 14 players is 140 players, there are 30 teams. Really each team has an 8 player rotation. except for your real deep teams ala LAC, BRK, NYC, IND thats about it this year they prolly play lets go with 9 for sake of this thats 270 players get above 10 minutes a game. does that make for a good comp? (ill let you all decide) WOW MY MATHS HERE WAS REALLY BAD

7. karlos

karlos Member

Trav I think what we use in our standard league being squads of 13 +1 for IR is ideal. With a league of 14 players that 196 from the pool of available players which is reasonable. I recall the first year we played NBA on here we had 20 teams and that was far too many, the FA list was a waste land.

8. G-Train

G-Train Member

How many keepers year to year are we thinking?

9. karlos

karlos Member

I'd be voting for 5 keepers

10. karlos

karlos Member

I'd also be proposing the league as an auction draft rather than the lottery of a random number generator determining draft order and who gets Lebron, KD etc. You want those guys you should have to pay for the pleasure - adds an extra layer of strategy.

11. trav00

trav00 Guest

OK.
    So for team set ups 1 pg 1 sg 1 sf 1 pf 1 c 1 g 1 f 3 utility 3 bench 1 IR (We happy with that team set up)
    Pts can be updated whenever so that will come later.
    I have already mentioned Auction is the go so I agree totally with you Karlos. With the 14 players, I set a auction totally of $300 not the stock standard $200. (are we happy with that?)...
    5 Keepers is alot, remember its a year to year thing, and if some make wrong decisions or get bad luck people will drop out and then we have the issues with finding replacements. as 5 there really is no room to move. At least with say 3 or max 4 we keep the very good players and gives the next year draft worthwhile and gives others chances to come up and keep the league interesting for years to come. REMEMBER this is a year to year thing. (do you agree?)
    Also I have set the league up but its by private invite only so I need an email address for everyone to send to you.

12. trav00

trav00 Guest

Invites have been sent to 3 players who emailed me. I have messaged the others here on tooserious, please reply with email adress and ill invite you.

13. crossy

crossy Active Member

hi guys, ive never done an auction draft before, can someone quickly explain how it works, do we see other peoples auctions for instance? cheers dudes

14. ddsaints

ddsaints Guest

2 more on the bench? Id like to keep say 3 or 4 stars and say 2 up and comers/prospects. 5 keepers is my preference but im happy either way. More worried about numbers. What's the minimumamount of teams in the league we can have?

15. G-Train

G-Train Member

crossy wrote:
    hi guys, ive never done an auction draft before, can someone quickly explain how it works, do we see other peoples auctions for instance? cheers dudes Everyone has a budget, usually $300. A draft order is randomized. You take in turns nominating a player at a price, in order of draft randomization (snake order). You bid on player until no one else bids for 10 seconds, and you then win the player at that price, and that price is deducted from budget. Then the next person nominates and the process starts again. It's fast paced. So basically you need to budget roughly what you would like to spend on targeted players and fill out your roster.

16. trav00

trav00 Guest

Thanks Raptor. Thats exactly how it works. As others have said it makes people who want your lebron durant who are the usual 'high' fantasy scorers pay for them. which makes for us all to still do some major research and decide what players are worth.

17. trav00

trav00 Guest

And so far we have 8 joined, with 2 others who have sent me there email but not accepted invite but I only sent them last night and today. so we got 10 basically confirmed, we can ABSOLUTELY and comfortably play with that number but we have 4 others who said they wanted to play, so waiting on that. we can play with any number odd or even up to the 14 total just makes me change the schedule a bit to accomodate.

18. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I have just accepted the invite to join the league. When are we thinking of holding the draft?

19. crossy

crossy Active Member

cheers for the breakdown on auction draft raptor, i also read some stuff about it too :) yeah i reckon 5 keepers is the way to go, keeping the core of your team makes it fun and continues the rivalries i reckon!

20. trav00

trav00 Guest

ok. I have an invite to fez not accepted. I then also have 2 spots not filled, But i cant for the life of me, figure out who it is, can we all have a look and tell me who thsoe 2 missings players are? so I can send an invite.