Predict the top 10/20 in the draft?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

2. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

In the mood for some speculation after the end of trade week, so here's a quick 20:
    1 (GWS) Tom Boyd - everyone's 1st pick, no discussion here 2 (GWS) Josh Kelly - I think Kelly is the best mid available in the draft and will be taken with pick 2 3 (STK) Jack Billings - Saints definitely need some midfield power, and Billings can even sneak forward with his overhead marking 4 (WB) James Aish - even though the Doggies have a couple of talented mids coming through, Aish will be an outside mid gun - best available etc 5 (GC) Kade Kolodjashnij - given the midfield talent at GC I think they will go in a different direction picking Kade Alphabet to run off a half back flank, releasing Swallow into the midfield 6 (COL) Marcus Bontempelli - I think Pies will be stoked to get a tall midfielder into the team who can push forward if required 7 (BL) Matthew Scharenberg - originally tipped to go top 3 his stocks have fallen a little, not doubt he is a talent though - hopefully he doesn't get homesick for the Lions sake 8 (NM) Luke McDonald - F/S, locked and loaded 9 (MEL) Nathan Freeman - Dees need some midfield help, Freeman seems the best all round mid 10 (COL) Ben Lennon - another tallish forward/midfielder with talent 11 (WCE) Dom Sheed - not sure if they will go with the local talent, but Sheed might just be the best mid available at this pick regardless 12 (RIC) Cameron McCarthy - KPF that the Tigers could be looking for, given they already have a stacked midfield and solid defense 13 (CAR) Lewis Taylor - size is the concern given how Ben Kennedy slipped last year, don't think the Blues will overlook Taylor though 14 (GWS) Christian Salem - GWS with their 3rd first round pick will probably go best available which I think is Salem at this point 15 (SYD) Darcy Gardiner - key position defender that will replace Sydney's aging backline in a few years 16 (GEE) Matt Crouch - probably in the market for Gardiner also, but if he get's taken Crouch could be a goer - already seen that his brother can play 17 (FRE) Jonathon Marsh - bit of a smokey this one but his stocks are rising, and Freo could just be in the market for a home grown KPF 18 (STK) Billy Hartung - just looking for mids at this point and Billy is a gun, could even go earlier in the draft 19 (STK) Zak Jones - brother of Nathan from the Dees, might not have the best skills but has the determination for the ball like his brother 20 (GC) Blake Acres - continuing their raid on WA midfielders I think Blake could be next and a good fit at the Suns as a tallish mid

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Looks pretty good man, I'd be pretty happy with getting Billings AND Hartung, that'd be nice haha.
    I really liked the look of Dom Sheed, I wish the Saints could get him but it seems obvious West Coast will take him with that pick. I agree with you with most of your picks.