Mid Priced Ruck Discussion

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Owen, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

jp wrote:
    <p class='Quote]Nick wrote: Sex On The Beach anyone? That's likely to leave you with Sandy (Gr)Undies! :) Haha well played! Tennis on the Beach? (Sandi-Lobbe) Well hung? (Longer - Cox)

2. bonesy

bonesy Member

Rucks are definitely interesting this year. I won't be touching Grundy though. As impressive as he looks, for me it's too big a price to pay for a 20 year old with only 6 games under his belt at an average of 70. I liken him to a cash cow that's already bolted. If he'd played earlier last year, I don't think many people would have jumped on after 6 games, they'd have figured they missed the train.

3. JMac

JMac Member

I think Pyke is being way over looked here. Shared duties with Mumford all last year. Moves well around the ground, can take a good mark (led contested marking for however long last year) and will rest forward this year with Tippett pinch hitting in the ruck to give him a spell. When he does go forward this year will get an average defender due to Buddy, Reid etc taking key defenders. Now being solo ruckman and with natural progression watch him dominate this year.

4. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

@ bjaenschHow do you find out how mayteams each player are in?

5. Micksdemons

Micksdemons Active Member

Pike Lobbe Grundy - Longer Sandy do we need a Premium - which of these will become Prem this year - do we need two or three of these - which two if its two and which three if we need cover and are risk adverse ? This in my view could be the winning ( or losing) move !!

6. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

There appear to be a few quirks associated with determining the number of people who have selected a given player. However the basics seem to be: 1) when in Team Selection mode, click on the player in the selection list to the right of the screen and you will see the number of teams a given player is in currently. 2) however, I noticed that if you click on a player and he is already in your team, the number '0' will be displayed in the number of team selectins field. 3) if you want to see how many teams a play you have already selected is in after you have selected them, the only work around I found is that you deselect them, save your team and then click on them again (not to add, just the 'player information' link and you will see the number of team selections. looks like a bit of a bug in the site code to me. Or it could be that they don't want people to know how many other teams include a given player, once a selection has been made for a given team. For example, it was only after I figured this quirk out, that I was able to determine that Longer was in 12,000 teams in addition to mine. Weird. cheers, Bill

7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Who will be the Saints number one ruckman this year? Will it be Hickey or Longer ?? They seem to be a bit short on in this department and neither set the world on fire last year. Any Saint Supportersout there with an informed opinion?

8. stickman

stickman New Member

Dawson Simpson......Cats preferred 1st ruck choice. Showed last year is capable of ble of scoring tons week to week b4 shoulder popped out......HMac is along way behind in conditioning....all the fitness work you can do can't bereolaced by plying games. Pair Simpson with Lobbe....I also have doubts about reports of the state of Natanui's groin....I suspect he's more advanced than the Eagles are prepared to inform us......but for me Lobbe with Simpson with an eye on Natanui

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Dirty Dog wrote:
    Who will be the Saints number one ruckman this year? Will it be Hickey or Longer ?? They seem to be a bit short on in this department and neither set the world on fire last year. Any Saint Supportersout there with an informed opinion? At this point there is no #1 St Kilda ruckman, they will both be keen to impress in the NAB, and one of them will be named the starting ruck in R1, but that may not be the #1 ruckman by R22. From a SC POV, I would be happy with either of them on the bench, and nervous as hell with either of them on the field. They will both get good exposure this year for sure, but your onfield rucks need to play and score 80+ every week, I am not sure either will. /2c

10. Micksdemons

Watched Simpson tonight and i can only say he wont be in mine!

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

How did Grundy look from anyone who watched the game? Scored ok.....

12. Micksdemons

Looked pretty good and considering he got knocked into next week early in the game and was off the ground for a good while with what must have been a mean headache He did very well

13. princeofmugs

princeofmugs Moderator

I'm worried about Grundy getting the 2nd year blues. Every time I decide I've got a player who won't suffer them (Zorko :|) i get burned. Presently have Sandi|Hmac as R1 and R2, but I'm wondering about running Charlie Dixon as R2 instead of FWD cover - any thoughts on that? As a Lions supporter who's been to a couple of Reserves games as well, I've never seen Billy Longer really do much that makes him look like any kind of SC player. Disappointed in every game he played. Fresh club and coach could turn that around I guess, but I can't see him ever making enough cash to be a cow or enough points to put on the park.

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

After reading Scott saying Hmac would not play every game and would be managed, have gone off Hmac a little. How about Hickey? Looked good last night in the wet, seemed to have the #1 spot sewed up.

15. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Nick wrote:
    After reading Scott saying Hmac would not play every game and would be managed, have gone off Hmac a little. How about Hickey? Looked good last night in the wet, seemed to have the #1 spot sewed up. He didn't go up against Minson for a lot of that, and Longer didn't play. I can't imagine that come the season proper Longer wont be out there with him which will reduce the impact on hitouts, based on that one 'pretend' game Stanley is not a strong ruck option.

16. Micksdemons

Longer play but not well and was subbed off

17. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Vardy gone! H-Mac's stocks just went up. Any Takers?

18. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I'd say kerstens stock rises, not H-macs. H-mac will be managed throughout the year. Vardy would have been playing as the 2nd KPF not in the ruck this year.

19. cavalah

cavalah New Member

What does people think about Paddy Ryder? Bellchambers had a pretty interrupted pre-season and he may missed the first couple of rounds. Also, I am liking Mumford in GWS, he went there to be the number 1 ruckman and from the looks of it he probably won't be challenge there, can't see Gilies improve that much to knock him off!

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Not sure I see a whole lot of upside to big Mummy this year. For rucks I either want to choose the midpricers that will rise or a blue chip set and forget. I don't think Mummy fits either of those categories.