Forward Rookies - who will play ?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Micksdemons, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Micksdemons

Micksdemons Active Member

Help needed - I'm struggling with selecting forward rookies who are getting NAB games and showind a bit and likely to play R1 and hopefully 2,3 4 etc - We have JKH and Gary Rohan but beyond thode two little else so far -Thoughts ?

2. Magic17

Magic17 New Member

Sam Lloyd played well yesterday and is a chance... while Kersten must be a show now that Vardy is out.

3. cavalah

cavalah New Member

Honeychurch is a lock for me if he is playing in round 1, he is cheap and have DPP, perfect sport for the F8 spot Have you looked at Garlett? Cheap and skillful player, but he is a bad disciplinary issue and Hawks may keep him under wraps and not play him in round 1............ Other players worth considering are Billings and Boyd, but they are around the $200k mark, if I have to choose one out of the 2 I probably will go for Boyd because contest marking player, really accurate and most teams will probably put their best spoiler on J. Cameron but however Billings Mid/Fwd DPP is appealing

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

After initially thinking there were a few forward rookies around, the potential list is slimming by the day. Rohan, Hogan, Lamb, Garlett, Billings, Impe, Thurlow, Templeton all names that 'could-be' but none are really standing out. I think Kersten and Lewis Taylor are injured, along with Clark (rookie priced), Broomhead, Lennon. Also Bock won't be back until round 3.